Summer 2022 transfer speculation and squad discussion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: January 2022 transfer speculation and squad discussion

Post by Cjay »

Not surprised but very concerned.

The club are taking a massive gamble and frankly it strikes me as incredibly naive and arrogant.

Who can't sign a midfielder in 3 separate transfer windows :lol:

Dear God.

The amount of injuries we have and the position we are in their is nothing admirable or brave in doing nothing, won't have that.

It doesn't show faith in the squad or anything so soppy, it shows terrible organisation and negligence.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:24 am Not surprised but very concerned.

The club are taking a massive gamble and frankly it strikes me as incredibly naive and arrogant.

Who can't sign a midfielder in 3 separate transfer windows :lol:

Dear God.

The amount of injuries we have and the position we are in their is nothing admirable or brave in doing nothing, won't have that.

It doesn't show faith in the squad or anything so soppy, it shows terrible organisation and negligence.
Not surprised at the arrogance with Kinnear dictating things. :roll:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:30 am Not surprised at the arrogance with Kinnear dictating things. :roll:
Their is an exceptional arrogance about the board.

Kinnear in particular with the interviews he does.

The 2 years of transfers in 1.

The nonsense the other day.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SG90 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:20 am Having a bench of teenagers who never play isn't having a young squad. Cooper, Ayling, Dallas, Klich and Rodrigo are all guaranteed starters in their 30s, that's far too much for the style of football we play.
Yes it is, they get older you know...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

It's ok everyone

We have bid £3million for an 18 year old right back playing in Scotland because that was a priority.

Calvin Ramsey.

We will loan him back to Aberdeen apparently

Yippeee
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:08 pm It's ok everyone

We have bid £3million for an 18 year old right back playing in Scotland because that was a priority.

Calvin Ramsey.

Yippeee
He's a good player tbf. Hopefully means Ayling will be replaced next season.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Calvin Ramsey.

Yippeee
One thing doesn't always affect something else. Just because midfield may be more of a priority it doesn't mean you simply stop looking to strengthen everywhere else.

If said rumour is true it likely makes sense to loan him back there where he is playing regularly then bring him here in the summer to train and get used to the Bielsa way.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

weasel wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:19 pm One thing doesn't always affect something else. Just because midfield may be more of a priority it doesn't mean you simply stop looking to strengthen everywhere else.

If said rumour is true it likely makes sense to loan him back there where he is playing regularly then bring him here in the summer to train and get used to the Bielsa way.
No point signing him if Bielsa is here next year. The lad won't want to play u23s football either.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Calvin Ramsey.

Yippeee

Young right back, don't we have one of those? ;-)
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

Don't know what is up with you all! Brenden Aaronson is going to absolutely tear up the Championsip 🏆
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:00 pm Yes it is, they get older you know...
I hope I'm wrong, but I bet your bottom dollar the majority of those kids on our bench won't be at Leeds in two seasons time, maybe even next season.

We've drummed up our youngsters previously to no avail. Look at Robbie Gotts & Jordan Stevens now plying their trade at a League Two Barrow.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:23 pm Don't know what is up with you all! Brenden Aaronson is going to absolutely tear up the Championship 🏆
:rol: :rol: :rol: :rol: :rol:

I still remain positive that we'll stay up, it could be tight though, especially with no back-up signings on the way.

God help us next season, whatever league we're in.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

1964white wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:34 pm :rol: :rol: :rol: :rol: :rol:

I still remain positive that we'll stay up, it could be tight, especially with no back-up signings on the way.

I think we should, but it is concerning to see those around us strengthen and us stay still.

People say 'when we get our full squad back' but at no point this season have we had a full squad and I doubt we will until they get a summer break. There will be more injuries to come but we just have to deal with them.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

1964white wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:29 pm I hope I'm wrong, but I bet your bottom dollar the majority of those kids on our bench won't be at Leeds in two seasons time, maybe even next season.

We've drummed up our youngsters previously to no avail. Look at Robbie Gotts & Jordan Stevens now plying their trade at a League Two Barrow.

It's a gamble isn't it. You invest in the talent, some of them will reach the top, most not. But if only a couple make it then you've done good business.

Struijk and Gelhardt look like great business and I'm confident Bate and Hjelde will have good careers too. Drameh and Summerville show promise and if we can keep them here a couple of years I'm sure they will have big roles. But I understand the desire from both of them to play football.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:36 pm I think we should, but it is concerning to see those around us strengthen and us stay still.

People say 'when we get our full squad back' but at no point this season have we had a full squad and I doubt we will until they get a summer break. There will be more injuries to come but we just have to deal with them.
That's the problem, Adam.

Llorente, Koch, Rodrigo, Forshaw & Firpo have been like broken biscuits since they arrived at Leeds, anyone of them are likely to break down again, Forshaw & Firpo already have.

I'm dreading it should Raphinha suffers the same fate, should that occur, we are doomed then.

Anyone who pipes up "we've still got Dan & Jack" are living on another planet.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:39 pm It's a gamble isn't it. You invest in the talent, some of them will reach the top, most not. But if only a couple make it then you've done good business.

Struijk and Gelhardt look like great business and I'm confident Bate and Hjelde will have good careers too. Drameh and Summerville show promise and if we can keep them here a couple of years I'm sure they will have big roles. But I understand the desire from both of them to play football.
Yes Adam, you can name the ones who possibly have a great future at Leeds.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:19 pm One thing doesn't always affect something else. Just because midfield may be more of a priority it doesn't mean you simply stop looking to strengthen everywhere else.

What's the point in buying players with the Bielsa way in mind when I think it's agreed it is more likely he will go in the summer than not?

This January has been pathetic, a 18 year old full back is hardly going to make up for it.

Can't believe we have been this naive.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:23 pm Young right back, don't we have one of those? ;-)
:)
Signed

King Cjay

Pablos Dream
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Pablos Dream »

We’re certainly playing a dangerous game.

My concerns are a Board / Owners who would rather risk relegation than spend money, coupled with a manager who would rather lose than be seen to change his mind.

If we do no business (as seems quite possible) and then get relegated I will never forgive them.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:08 pm What's the point in buying players with the Bielsa way in mind when I think it's agreed it is more likely he will go in the summer than not?
Time and patience. You don't go from being a young talent somewhere else to suddenly coming to Leeds and starting in the premiership. We're a premiership club not a Sunday league club where someone brings their mate along and cos they say he is good the manager plays him straightaway.