Crystal Palace Thread - 2022/23 Season Review.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Crystal Palace Thread - 2022/23 Season Review.

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2021-05-13 07.57.43.png

Nickname(s). The Eagles, The Glaziers
Founded 1905 : 115 years ago
Ground Selhurst Park
Capacity. 25,486[2]
Owners. Steve Parish Joshua Harris, David S. Blitzer
Chairman. Steve Parish
Manager. ???
2022–23 Position. 11th

Forums
https://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=3
https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21

Summer signings
Cheick Doucoure (Lens) Undisclosed
Chris Richards (Bayern Munich) £8.5m

January signings
Albert Sambi Lokonga (Arsenal) Loan
Naouirou Ahamada (Stuttgart) £9.7m

Friendlies
02 July D 1-1 Accrington Stanley
09 July W 5-4 Millwall
15 July .L 0-2 Liverpool (National Stadium, Singapore)
19 July .L 1-3 Man Utd (MCG, Melbourne)
22 July D 1-1 Leeds (Optus Stadium, Perth)
23 July W 0-3 Queens Park Rangers (Loftus Road)
30 July W 4-2 Montpellier (Selhurst Park)

Premier League
Crystal Palace --- 0-2 Arsenal
Liverpool ---------- 1-1 Crystal Palace --------- Zaha
Crystal Palace --- 3-1 Aston Villa -------------- Zaha x 2, Mateta
Manchester C --- 4-2 Crystal Palace --------- Andersen, OG (Stones)
Crystal Palace --- 1-1 Brentford --------------- Zaha
Newcastle Utd -- 0-0 Crystal Palace
Crystal Palace --- 1-2 Chelsea ------------------ Edouard
Crystal Palace --- 2-1 Leeds United. --------- Edouard, Eze
Leicester City ---- 0-0 Crystal Palace
Crystal Palace --- 2-1 Wolverhampton W -- Eze, Zaha
Everton ------------ 3-0 Crystal Palace
Crystal Palace --- 1-0 Southampton --------- Edouard
West Ham Utd -- 1-2 Crystal Palace --------- Zaha, Olise
Crystal Palace --- 0-3 Fulham ------------------
Bournemouth --- 0-2 Crystal Palace -------- Aye, Eze
Chelsea ------------ 1-0 Crystal Palace -------
Crystal Palace --- 1-1 Manchester United - Olise
Crystal Palace --- 0-0 Newcastle Utd
Manchester U --- 2-1 Crystal Palace -------- Schlupp
Crystal Palace --- 1-1 Brighton --------------- Tomkins
Brentford --------- 1-1 Crystal Palace -------- Eze
Crystal Palace --- 0-0 Liverpool
Brighton H ------- 1-0 Crystal Palace
Arsenal ------------ 4-1 Crystal Palace -------- Schlupp
Crystal Palace----2-1 Leicester City --------- Iversen (OG), Mateta
Leeds United ---- 1-5 Crystal Palace ------- Guéhi, J Ayew x 2, Eze, Édouard
Soouthampton - 0-2 Crystal Palace -------- Eze x 2
Crystal Palace --- 2-0 Bournemouth -------- Eze x 2
Fulham ------------ 2-2 Crystal Palace ---------Edouard, Ward.
Crystal Palace --- 1-1 Nottingham Forest - Hughes

EFL Cup
Oxford Utd ------- 0-2 Crystal Palace ----------Édouard, Milivojevic
Newcastle Utd -- 0-0 Crystal Palace ---------- (Lost 3-2 on pens)

FA Cup
Crystal Palace --- 1-2 Southampton ---------- Edouard

2022/23 Top Goalscorers
10 Eze
07 Zaha
07 Edouard

2022/23 Assists
11 Olise
03 Zaha
03 Ayew
1964white

Re: Crystal Palace Thread

Post by 1964white »

Fwank Lampard has emerged as leading contender to replace Roy Hodgson at Crystal Palace. the Ex-England boss Hodgson's contract expires at the end of the season.

Surely if Palace employ Fwank as their new coach the Eagles will be strong relegation candidates next season.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

They just can't seem to kick on, can they? Relying on Zaha to carry them season after season hasn't helped.

Of course, if they had the foresight to hire a truly world class manager like some clubs... :)
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

1964white wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:17 am Fwank Lampard has emerged as leading contender to replace Roy Hodgson at Crystal Palace. the Ex-England boss Hodgson's contract expires at the end of the season.

Surely if Palace employ Fwank as their new coach the Eagles will be strong relegation candidates next season.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
A team of individuals who one week are world beaters then the next 4 games are relegation fodder, I think they were lucky this year not to be further into the relegation battle if you take off the 3 points VAR stole from us then they'd be 16th a point above Brighton and I think there's a few other games they've been very lucky in this year. No matter whose in charge next season I can see them rushing to the bottom.
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Palace also struggle to win matches when Zaha is unavailable with injuries.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Fwank

Post by whiteswan »

Lampard has emerged as the leading contender to become Crystal Palace manager as Roy Hodgsons contract comes to an end (gossip)
1964white

Re: Fwank

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:08 pm Lampard has emerged as the leading contender to become Crystal Palace manager as Roy Hodgsons contract comes to an end (gossip)
You obviously missed the Crystal Palace Thread Swannie :duno:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Fwank

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:11 pm You obviously missed the Crystal Palace Thread Swannie :duno:
Too early for me 64 :lol:
Probably at the bottom of the page by the time I got up :) 11.30
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Crystal Palace Thread ***Fwank***

Post by Smudge3920 »

I cannot understand how anyone would think Fwat Fwank is a legitimate contender for any prem league club...failed in the championship..given a (so called) Super big 6 team and failed again... this must the magerial coaching path for ex "w**kers" who could play, now trying to be managers...Rooney next.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

This is the reason I'm gradually introducing Premier League club threads for anything relating to a respective club such as managerial changes, transfer activity, etc.

The scum thread is designed for other reasons too like giving them a ear-bashing when you feel the need to let off some steam :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Smudge3920 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:19 pm I cannot understand how anyone would think Fwat Fwank is a legitimate contender for any prem league club...failed in the championship..given a (so called) Super big 6 team and failed again... this must the managerial coaching path for ex "w**kers" who could play, now trying to be managers...Rooney next.
There is a grooming process ongoing with Fwank right now as the FA are preparing to install him as the next England manager once Southgate fails :shock:
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

1964white wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:27 pm There is a grooming process ongoing with Fwank right now as the FA are preparing to install him as the next England manager once Southgate fails :shock:
Exactly my point ...then Rooney :tup:
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

I’m probably setting myself up to be shot at here :roll:

Frank Lampard probably gets more abuse/slagging on this forum than anyone else. Maybe he’s just an easy target and a bandwagon to jump on :duno:

He was a very good player over a number of years. Yes, he played for Chelsea, but so have plenty of others do don’t attract the same level of criticism and hostility.

Taking the whole ‘Spygate’ episode out of the equation then IMO he did a pretty good managerial job with Derby, he certainly wasn’t a failure as a manager in the Championship as suggested by some.

What was he supposed to do when offered the Chelsea job ?....surely he had to say yes to the opportunity, even if he had doubts in his own mind about his experience to do the job. When he got the heave-ho, which ultimately happens to all managers under Abramovich, they were 8th/9th (?) which is lower than they should be (as evidenced by their improvement under Tuchel) but is that a so much worse job than that done by others.

People may not like him, but personally I don’t think he deserves the level of abuse he seems to get (albeit he was a bit of a tw*t during ‘Spygate’).
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

No accounting for taste Muppet 'ol mate ...it is your opinion.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:44 pm I’m probably setting myself up to be shot at here :roll:

Frank Lampard probably gets more abuse/slagging on this forum than anyone else. Maybe he’s just an easy target and a bandwagon to jump on :duno:

He was a very good player over a number of years. Yes, he played for Chelsea, but so have plenty of others do don’t attract the same level of criticism and hostility.

Taking the whole ‘Spygate’ episode out of the equation then IMO he did a pretty good managerial job with Derby, he certainly wasn’t a failure as a manager in the Championship as suggested by some.

What was he supposed to do when offered the Chelsea job ?....surely he had to say yes to the opportunity, even if he had doubts in his own mind about his experience to do the job. When he got the heave-ho, which ultimately happens to all managers under Abramovich, they were 8th/9th (?) which is lower than they should be (as evidenced by their improvement under Tuchel) but is that a so much worse job than that done by others.

People may not like him, but personally I don’t think he deserves the level of abuse he seems to get (albeit he was a bit of a tw*t during ‘Spygate’).
I do actually agree with some of that Muppet, but all, any respect I had for Lampard went out of the window when he was utterly disrespectful, behaved appallingly, and behaved like a spoilt brat towards Bielsa. Disgusting behaviour :x Mind you, he wasnt the only one but that doesn't excuse him in my book
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Apparently Palace have a lot of their first team squad who wil be out of contract this summer, so there will be a big rotation of players coming in.

If they dont get that right it could be relegation time.

Edit

I just checked, according to tranfermrkt they have 17 free agents come July 1st 2021.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:44 pm I’m probably setting myself up to be shot at here :roll:

No doubting his ability as a player. His scoring record as a midfielder is second to none but his arrogance towards Bielsa after he held that long press conference made me sick.
His 'disgust' about spygate was well over the top as well.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Smudge3920 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:19 pm I cannot understand how anyone would think Fwat Fwank is a legitimate contender for any prem league club...failed in the championship..given a (so called) Super big 6 team and failed again... this must the magerial coaching path for ex "w**kers" who could play, now trying to be managers...Rooney next.
you could say he got the better of bielsa in his first season as a manager with derby in the championship...got further than we did....

saying that I don't think he's tactically a good manager at all
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Granted an excellent player.

He has all the credentials to become the next England manager :roll:
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

He was a great player, but I can’t stand the sight of him. Posting the £800 bar bill after the play-off semi final win and the on-pitch celebrations underlined the complete lack on class he exhibited in Spygate.

He does analysis too you know.