Derby - in financial turmoil & Roonless !

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Derby - in financial turmoil & Roonless !

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2021-05-10 16.28.24.png

Nickname(s) The Rams
Founded 1884 (137 years ago)
Ground Pride Park Stadium
Capacity 33,597
Owner Mel Morris
Chairman Mel Morris
Manager Wayne Rooney
League Championship
2020–21 position 21st
Forum. https://dcfcfans.uk/forum/4-derby-county-forum/
1964white

Re: Derby County

Post by 1964white »

Derby have been plunged back to the brink after the EFL won its appeal to find the Rams guilty of breaching Financial Fair Play rules.

Just three days after the comeback draw against Sheffield Wednesday that kept Derby in the Championship, they are again staring at a potential points deduction that would consign them to League One.
The final decision will be made by an independent panel, which will rule whether any punishment should be imposed for this season or next term.

But while the possibility of the panel imposing its penalty immediately is a real one, it is more likely that doing so after the season has finished will be deemed unfair to Derby, the club’s fans and supporters.

Derby were initially hit with two FFP charges in January 2020.

The first accused the club of breaching the league’s cap on losses, which they had avoided by the £81m sale of the ground to a company set up by then-owner Mel Morris.

Derby were also accused of rule breaches with regard to the valuation of players and the “amortisation” of that value over contract lengths.

In August, the club were cleared of the first charge and received a “reprimand” for the second offence.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Derby County - Rams could still be relegated.

Post by Irish Ian »

Please make it true
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Honestly I was prepared to deviously gloat had fate turned against them on Saturday, so now that's passed any satisfaction will be muted. Still there, but muted.

With the ownership chaos though, I'd seriously prefer a deduction next season. They won't be able to dig their way out of that hole like Wednesday almost did, certainly not with ol' Wazza in charge.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Please, please, please make this happen God.

First there was Fwank now it's lets all laugh at Rooney time :lol:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

The EFL set a precedent last year with Macclesfield, ultimately putting them out of business. Even if they bottle it, as I imagine they will, Direby will go down next year with the points deduction.
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

You know it won't happen...🙄😡
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I wonder if they regret not taking a points deduction at the time and missing the play offs, rather than going to the lengths they've gone to? :duno:

Weird how at the time they were the "good guys of football" for beating the evil, scummy cheat Bielsa. :)
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Yes I will laugh my socks off if it happens but IMO the EFL will bottle it and give them a suspended sentence, also I’d much rather they went down based on football things rather than miss management because all we’ll hear from their fans is how unfair it is and how they were “cheated” out of the league and they won’t accept they deserve to be relegated.
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Haighy wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 4:15 pm You know it won't happen...🙄😡
Surely it will Haighy :)
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Unless the EFL bottle it, it should be a points deduction next season. The number of points deducted based on the scale of the overspend on ffp rules with a maximum of 12 points deduction.

I still have no idea how they managed to get off Scot free from selling their ground to themselves for 3 times what it was actually worth so if they get caught over fiddling player amortisation then serves them right.

And they made such an almighty fuss over someone watching them in training from a public footpath - bloody hypocrites.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

I don't see why a points deduction applicable to this season (just ended) can't be done, since it was an appeal that was rightly won by the EFL. The charge was levelled before this season began, and because it is an appeal, it is not a new charge and should be rolled back to the original charge?

Admittedly I am no law expert, but feels very unfair for them to have the opportunity to survive in the Championship next season with a good run of games. All said, the EFL will likely bottle it and nothing of significance happens.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:26 pm Unless the EFL bottle it, it should be a points deduction next season. The number of points deducted based on the scale of the overspend on ffp rules with a maximum of 12 points deduction.

I still have no idea how they managed to get off Scot free from selling their ground to themselves for 3 times what it was actually worth so if they get caught over fiddling player amortisation then serves them right.

And they made such an almighty fuss over someone watching them in training from a public footpath - bloody hypocrites.
Lords of the moral high ground alright - not!

I was so ticked off that they stayed up I still can't bring myself to watch the weekend Quest coverage, so I hope the EFL finally grow a pair and send them down.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Rooney has warned the current and potential owners that they need to sort out the off field stuff because if they don’t it will effect his ability to get the team producing on the pitch.

Rooney following the Fwank rule book 101:

2.3 Get your excuses in early
2.4 Blame the Owners
2.5 Blame the Board
2.6 Blame the quality of players you have
2.7 Blame the players
2.8 Blame the press
2.9 Blame Leeds
3.0 Never, never blame yourself you are wonderful, you are perfect see above rules

Rooney record so far managed 33
W 9, D 8 L 16
Possible 99 Points managed 35

What s**t Owners and god awful players he’s had to deal with
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Keough gets his money £2.3M in compensation

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... inst-derby
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:10 pm Keough gets his money £2.3M in compensation

That must have put the rams more in the :poo:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

I thought the fake Sheikh was as funny as it could get . . . . .

I was wrong.

Erik Alonso, the bloke who the idiot Sheffield Wednesday owner correctly identified as a fraud!!!!!.

Well he started off making big claims, he would buy £20mil players if he needed to to make Derby successful

EFL asked for proof of funds . . . Didnt arrive.

Rumours of a lack of financial means to complete the takeover begin.

Today he posted a video of a beautiful mansion on his twitter with him typing "good morning" , clearly has lots of money right? After all he is showing off his lovely Marbella home on social media.

Except people quickly realised thay the video he posted was suspiciously similar to a video on tiktok . . . .

In fact it was identical.

This absolute chancer stole a viral video of someone elses house to claim as his own in order to try and prove how wealthy he is :lol:

The house is actually in America not Spain.

Erik Alonso has since deleted his twitter.

Have you ever heard such a farce :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:10 pm Keough gets his money £2.3M in compensation

Really delighted that Keogh got what was due to him for such despicable treatment by Derby. The two players that ended up with criminal charges for drink driving and leaving the scene of an accident were given a slap on the wrist by the club, but knowing how bad his injury was, Derby wanted rid of Keogh.

A points deduction applied this season would truly be Karma! I think a two point penalty, applied now, would do nicely ;-) !
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Ratscoot wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:03 am Rooney has warned the current and potential owners that they need to sort out the off field stuff because if they don’t it will effect his ability to get the team producing on the pitch.

Rooney following the Fwank rule book 101:

2.3 Get your excuses in early
2.4 Blame the Owners
2.5 Blame the Board
2.6 Blame the quality of players you have
2.7 Blame the players
2.8 Blame the press
2.9 Blame Leeds
3.0 Never, never blame yourself you are wonderful, you are perfect see above rules

Rooney record so far managed 33
W 9, D 8 L 16
Possible 99 Points managed 35

What s**t Owners and god awful players he’s had to deal with
3.1 If none of those work, blame Spygate
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Please Lord let them be deducted points so Wycombe stay up.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden