Covid

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Covid passports

Yes
45%
No
48%
Don't know
7%

Total votes: 44

whiteroseboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: Covid Wars

Post by whiteroseboy »

Leeds1000 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:44 pm Vaccinate the elderly and the vulnerable and anyone else who fears the virus and let natural immunity take care of the rest. (what level of natural immunity we are at?) I fall into 2 of the risk categories in that i am overweight and have asthma but would never agree with vaccine mandates. The elderly by now shouldn't need any more convincing by the stats. Protect yourself.

Dr Lloyd says it best. We don't know what variants will be coming? Will the vaccines be of any use if new variants do come?

As a matter of interest has anyone had the old Flu yet this year?
That is fine but when it's proved in numerous studies that vaccination reduces the spread by a significant amount (read above link) compared with non vaccinated its a recipe to prolong the fight against covid.

To me whether you are or are not at risk if you can reduce the spread by been vaccinated its a no brainer.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds1000 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:44 pm Vaccinate the elderly and the vulnerable and anyone else who fears the virus and let natural immunity take care of the rest. (what level of natural immunity we are at?) I fall into 2 of the risk categories in that i am overweight and have asthma but would never agree with vaccine mandates. The elderly by now shouldn't need any more convincing by the stats. Protect yourself.

Dr Lloyd says it best. We don't know what variants will be coming? Will the vaccines be of any use if new variants do come?

As a matter of interest has anyone had the old Flu yet this year?
Fortunately, I haven't had a cold in nearly two years, probably a decade since I had the flu & god forbid I stay clear of Covid, maybe I've got lucky however I do deploy safety measures, some would probably say a bit extreme!
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

whiteroseboy wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:16 pm That is fine but when it's proved in numerous studies that vaccination reduces the spread by a significant amount (read above link) compared with non vaccinated its a recipe to prolong the fight against covid.

To me whether you are or are not at risk if you can reduce the spread by been vaccinated its a no brainer.
There is also lots of studies that quote natural immunity as offering better protection? I appreciate your stance but reducing the transmission by taking three jabs already and counting? It was when they suddenly wanted to vaccinate children and start encroaching on their lifestyles despite them being at very, very little risk that was a big no-no from me. I choose to live with the risk from now on, just like i do with the flu. Just like when army recruit joins the army they know the risks of war. People please choose what you believe to be safe for yourself but don't criticize others for not wanting to protect YOU personally.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

1964white wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:18 pm Fortunately, I haven't had a cold in nearly two years, probably a decade since I had the flu & god forbid I stay clear of Covid, maybe I've got lucky however I do deploy safety measures, some would probably say a bit extreme!
I don't know what your health was like before Covid 64? but the pictures you have posted up occasionally you look a healthy individual in reasonable shape (i don't know if you are a runner) :) and long may it continue now you have the added protection of the vaccine.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I know a few people who say they've had flu but I doubt it.. More likely heavy colds. I've never had flu, touch wood in nearly 60 years
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

whiteroseboy wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:16 pm That is fine but when it's proved in numerous studies that vaccination reduces the spread by a significant amount (read above link) compared with non vaccinated its a recipe to prolong the fight against covid.

Don't think there's any proof of that indeed Oxford university work says there's no difference in spread rate between the Vaxxed and un-vaxxed
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

As an asthmatic the flu jab is very problematic for me, once had I get increased risks of Asthma attacks for about 3 months after, I've had two in the past week after the flu jab three weeks ago. None before that for two years as I missed the flu jab last season, the flu jab in 19 saw me have around 10 asthma attacks and breathing difficulties for 3 months after the jab..
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:54 pm As an asthmatic the flu jab is very problematic for me, once had I get increased risks of Asthma attacks for about 3 months after, I've had two in the past week after the flu jab three weeks ago. None before that for two years as I missed the flu jab last season, the flu jab in 19 saw me have around 10 asthma attacks and breathing difficulties for 3 months after the jab..
Very unpleasant for you, Faaip.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:56 pm Very unpleasant for you, Faaip.
It's like your breathing through liquid, wheezing like I do under almost any physical effort, which is problematic as I have a physical job. I only ever carry my inhaler after a flu jab. Normally don't have to worry
whiteroseboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by whiteroseboy »

Leeds1000 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:34 pm There is also lots of studies that quote natural immunity as offering better protection? I appreciate your stance but reducing the transmission by taking three jabs already and counting? It was when they suddenly wanted to vaccinate children and start encroaching on their lifestyles despite them being at very, very little risk that was a big no-no from me. I choose to live with the risk from now on, just like i do with the flu. Just like when army recruit joins the army they know the risks of war. People please choose what you believe to be safe for yourself but don't criticize others for not wanting to protect YOU personally.
Any links to any recent studies?

Appreciate you are happy to take the risk but my point is based on the above findings that vaccination reduces the chance of transmission.
So perhaps a link to a few recognised surveys that prove different would be worth looking at.
All the surveys from various bodies and universities I've looked at have come up with figures of between 60% and 80%.

Appreciate government's and experts can be wrong, my friend lost his brother because of them getting it wrong at the start.
Rember when they said it could only be spread by touch (pre mask wearing) , he was in hospital for a minor procedure and was put in a ward with a covid patient. Caught it and never came out.

One other thing that convinces me it's real is that basically every country in the world accept it needs dealing with, yes different ways of going about it some stricter than others.
Never in my lifetime known them all agree on a issue.
Just a thought.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds1000 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:37 pm I don't know what your health was like before Covid 64? but the pictures you have posted up occasionally you look a healthy individual in reasonable shape (i don't know if you are a runner) :) and long may it continue now you have the added protection of the vaccine.
Not a runner 1000, although I can still run short distances pretty quickly. I do a fair bit of walking.
Eat healthily, lot of fish, fruit & veg, though I do have a sweet tooth. Love good food
Keep a check on any weight rise.
Drink moderately, beer doesn't like me any more, so I don't drink it. Do enjoy a good malt though :tumbler:
Drink a few glasses of water every day.
Never smoked.
Always worked hard & kept my mind active.
Enjoy life.

Covid measures

Gargle with salt & water twice every day.
Wash my hands regularly.
Sanitise my hands when I touch money/doors, etc, Use the rubber gloves provided at fuel stations.
Shaking hands is a definite no no, a couple of my bowls pals unhappy about my stance, however the majority respect my wishes. Ironically, one of those bowlers caught Covid a few weeks ago, he was quite poorly with it.
Wear my masks in shops, restaurants, football coaches & matches & crowded areas.
Never had a bad reaction with vaccinations/anaesthetics throughout my whole life. Hopefully I'll be fine after my booster tomorrow.

Try to stay safe with a whole load of luck on my side....touch wood :ok:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:03 pm It's like your breathing through liquid, wheezing like I do under almost any physical effort, which is problematic as I have a physical job. I only ever carry my inhaler after a flu jab. Normally don't have to worry
A horrible feeling, I assume, mate.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

whiteroseboy wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:28 pm Any links to any recent studies?

Appreciate you are happy to take the risk but my point is based on the above findings that vaccination reduces the chance of transmission.
So perhaps a link to a few recognised surveys that prove different would be worth looking at.
All the surveys from various bodies and universities I've looked at have come up with figures of between 60% and 80%.

Appreciate government's and experts can be wrong, my friend lost his brother because of them getting it wrong at the start.
Rember when they said it could only be spread by touch (pre mask wearing) , he was in hospital for a minor procedure and was put in a ward with a covid patient. Caught it and never came out.

One other thing that convinces me it's real is that basically every country in the world accept it needs dealing with, yes different ways of going about it some stricter than others.
Never in my lifetime known them all agree on a issue.
Just a thought.
No links to recent studies about natural immunity just the Israel studies that everyone is familiar with by now. I have worked on the front line from the start... ie indoor no masks, no protection despite having to deal with lots of people, and in a way it gave me alot of confidence. They wouldn't send me to work if this was the plague would they? It turns out they wouldn't have cared?

I have no problem with the vaccines to protect the people who want them. Just don't encroach on kids lives, or anyone below the age of 30 for that matter. Its life Jim, but not as we knew it. When they sent the teenagers to fight in the wars of the past.... Who were they really concerned about protecting?

I get the fact about every country coming together. I just wish they would all have the same commitment and determination in finding the origin of this virus so we could all rest in peace knowing this will never be.... "released" on us again.

When you think about it. We are all the subjects in a experiment that went seriously wrong! Fighting amongst ourselves won't provide the answers we all deserve, all it does is deviate from the truth. :tup:
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

1964white wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:41 pm Not a runner 1000, although I can still run short distances pretty quickly. I do a fair bit of walking.
Eat healthily, lot of fish, fruit & veg, though I do have a sweet tooth. Love good food
Keep a check on any weight rise.
Drink moderately, beer doesn't like me any more, so I don't drink it. Do enjoy a good malt though :tumbler:
Drink a few glasses of water every day.
Never smoked.
Always worked hard & kept my mind active.
Enjoy life.

Covid measures

Gargle with salt & water twice every day.
Wash my hands regularly.
Sanitise my hands when I touch money/doors, etc, Use the rubber gloves provided at fuel stations.
Shaking hands is a definite no no, a couple of my bowls pals unhappy about my stance, however the majority respect my wishes. Ironically, one of those bowlers caught Covid a few weeks ago, he was quite poorly with it.
Wear my masks in shops, restaurants, football coaches & matches & crowded areas.
Never had a bad reaction with vaccinations/anaesthetics throughout my whole life. Hopefully I'll be fine after my booster tomorrow.

Try to stay safe with a whole load of luck on my side....touch wood :ok:
On top of the vaccine to someone lazy like me. You sound a picture of health. :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds1000 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:00 pm On top of the vaccine to someone lazy like me. You sound a picture of health. :tup:
Maybe I'm just a lucky old sod :lol:
hector

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:13 pm Maybe I'm just a lucky old sod :lol:
No need for the word "lucky" there '64 :P :P

:) :)
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:21 am No need for the word "lucky" there '64 :P :P

:) :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

1964white wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:13 pm Maybe I'm just a lucky old sod :lol:
Some of it is down to that theer lottery of the Gene pool. Like a Salmon you are still swimming up stream. ;-) :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Masks on today folks

Screenshot 2021-11-30 13.11.02.png
Screenshot 2021-11-30 13.11.02.png (49.04 KiB) Viewed 636 times

At least I won't feel like a weirdo on our coach to ER this evening :lol:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:12 pm Masks on today folks

Screenshot 2021-11-30 13.11.02.png

At least I won't feel like a weirdo on our coach to ER this evening :lol:
:shock: :shock:

Blimey! I thought you'd posted a photo of your old Leeds Utd underpants for a moment there until I realised what it was :oops: