Players Ratings v Crawley

Predict the scores...if you can!

- LUFC Match Predictions
- Predict Six
- FA Cup Predictions

Plenty to choose from - dip in and have a go - all MOT members welcome. Just for fun.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Players Ratings v Crawley

Post by 1964white »

Lets be having them folks for our feeble shower of football team today

No hiding please!

Casilla
Shackleton
Phillips
Cooper
Struijk
Davis
Costa
Hernandez
Poveda
Alioskl
Rodrigo
subs
Casey
Jenkins
Harrison
Raphinha
Greenwood
JayKayDubu
Ballboy
Ballboy

Re: Players Ratings v Crawley

Post by JayKayDubu »

OMG...!!! That was really a awful performance from all the players. Hopefully never to be repeated.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Casilla - 1 - He's done here imo, needs to move for his own sake

At this point I've no idea who played where or the most part..BBC Web site has no idea either

Davis - 5 - Probably a year or two away form being a starting centre back
Cooper - 7 - Played well nice to see him back but why did he come off?
Phillips - 5 -
Shackleton - 5 - Played the Klich role and right wing back?
Alioski - 4 - Was he playing winger?
Struijk - 5 - BBC said he was on the right of midfield, I'll assume it was DMF.
Hernandez - 6 - Some clever touches, again seemed to be playing more left side with Alio
Poveda - 6 - Best player we have ball at feet, one of the worst at picking a pass in the box atm, played left wing or seemed to play right side the same time as Costa ..wierd
Costa - 4 - Out of form, low on confidence.....He at least seemed to spend most of his time in his favourite position
Rodrigo - 5 - Played his normal position as the 10 as far as I could see, deep lying forward but with no 9 to help out

Casey - 1 - Sorry Paul but very poor today.
Jenkins - 5 - positive: we finally had an 8 on the pitch. Negative: Hardly noticed him
Harrison - 3 - Did he touch the ball? I think he must have played the 9, did notice a couple of good runs that went unnoticed
Raphinha - 4 - Right winger played on the left where he never looks as good
Greenwood - 4 - Striker played in midfield where I know he can play but we needed a striker on .

Marcelo - 2 - First half was fine, second half involved us using several different formations it seemed and the constant rotation of players ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

I am not holding any punches today. That was dire.

Casilla 1: Should have saved the first 2 for me. He seemed to dive over the first and altho he got a bad bobble for the second, the ball should not be going thru him. He makes Illan (who will be on half the salary) look like Oliver Kahn. He has been a expensive mistake. You don't get many games as No2 to stake a claim. He failed in a piss poor team.

Phillips 3: One of the brighter performances today. Why he was playing at CB and not DM is beyond me. He sets the tempo and he was trying to do it from the back.

Cooper 3: Again steady enough that first half.

Davis 2: Silly fouls early on. I don't think he wants to be playing in a back 3.

Struijk 1: A few decent passes first half. Not the answer at DM for me. It looks like we are stuck with him for Brighton tho? He still looks to be playing well within himself to me. Didn't control the tempo at all.

Shackleton 1: Outmuscled for the first goal. I still don't know Jamie's best position? He's got bags of energy but is that enough for the PL. I guess we will find out in a few years.

Alioski 1: Did Bielsa leave him on to suffer? Lost like the rest of the team especially 2nd half.

Hernández 3: Probing, probing to no avail today for Pablo. His passing got worse has the game wore on. He looked lost at the end like the rest of them.

Poveda 3: Some lovely skill early on and at least hit the target with a shot. Is he good enough, strong enough, mobile enough for the PL? I have my doubts.

Rodrigo 2: Very few clear cut chances created i still would like a look at him in the No9 in the prem. He will have to bide his time.

Hélder Costa 1: A couple of nice runs first half, not the kind of player you want on the pitch when we are chasing a game to League 2 opposition.

Substitutes

Harrison 1: He looked has bewildered as me to be playing the No 9 second half.

Greenwood 1: No impact whatsoever. He will hopefully get more time in a winning performance.

Jenkins 1: See Above

Casey 1: Crickey...If Pontus was accused of not being good enough with the ball. I fear for this kid.
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

Casilla - 1 - He will stay, but only because who would want him?
Davis - 4 Poor
Cooper - 6 quiet
Phillips - 6 quiet
Shackleton - 5 Looked busy early on, then nothing
Alioski - 4 - Feels like a betrayl to say, but I hope he is off soon.
Struijk - 4 - Poor
Hernandez - 5 too much didn't work.
Poveda - 5 far from first 11
Costa - 5 lots almost worked for him, but nothing did properly
Rodrigo - 4 poor

Casey - 3 slow, leggy, terrible
Jenkins - 4 poor
Harrison - 3 I had to check he was still on, twice.
Raphinha - 5 - See Costa
Greenwood -3 Did he touch the ball?
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Casilla must he the worst bit of business we have made done Seth Johnson.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

0 to all, 1 for Poveda.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Casilla - 1 - Stick a fork inhim. He's done.
Davis - 5
Cooper - 7 - Good to see him back
Phillips - 5 - Did not cover himself in glory
Shackleton - 5 - ibid
Alioski - 4 - brutal
Struijk - 5 - see Phillips and Shackleton
Hernandez - 5.5 - meh
Poveda - 5.5 - once again, sound and fury signifying nothing
Costa - 4 - well...........his hair looked better than before
Rodrigo - 5.5 - could have used some help up top

Casey - 2 - Bloody awful
Jenkins - 5 - meh
Harrison - 4 - ineffective
Raphinha - 4 - see Harrison
Greenwood - 4 - see Raphinha
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Casilla 2 - For the save just before half time
Davis 3 - He needs to be playing in his favoured LB position
Cooper 6 - I thought he did okay but so he should against L2 players
Phillips 4 - Reasonable first half but got steadily worse
Shackleton 3 - See Phillips comments. His worst ever game for the first team.
Alioski 4 - Combined well with Poveda early on
Struijk 3 - Really struggled at DM
Hernandez 4 - He tried hard but some of his passing was woeful
Poveda 4 - Unlucky not to score with our one and only shot on target
Costa 2 - Awful. This is a guy who has a full cap for Portugal!
Rodrigo 3 - Did nothing to convince me he is cover for Bamford at no 9

All subs 2
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Chilli D wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:37 pm Casilla 2 - For the save just before half time
Davis 3 - He needs to be playing in his favoured LB position
Cooper 6 - I thought he did okay but so he should against L2 players
Phillips 4 - Reasonable first half but got steadily worse
Shackleton 3 - See Phillips comments. His worst ever game for the first team.
Alioski 4 - Combined well with Poveda early on
Struijk 3 - Really struggled at DM
Hernandez 4 - He tried hard but some of his passing was woeful
Poveda 4 - Unlucky not to score with our one and only shot on target
Costa 2 - Awful. This is a guy who has a full cap for Portugal!
Rodrigo 3 - Did nothing to convince me he is cover for Bamford at no 9

All subs 2
So effectively we have one viable CF at the club :roll:
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Casilla - 1 - Very poor. Should be putting his hand up to start each week. Took a bad bobble for the second goal.
Davis - 2 - Looked shaky at LCB and misplaced a fair amount of passes.
Cooper - 5 - League 1 Liam looked at least a league above League 2 Crawley. Little to do, clearly taken off at halftime to protect him for Brighton.
Phillips - 4 - Too casual in the game. Poor pass at one stage nearly gave a goal away. Has a habit of picking up soft yellow cards which needs to stop.
Shackleton - 3 - Some energy in first half but did little. At least looked to get on the end of attacking passes. Faded fast.
Alioski - 3 - See Shackleton.
Struijk - 3 - Can see why MB played him at DCM in prep for Brighton, but he was too far up the pitch making the gap between defence and attack too far. As someone else said somewhere, seems to be playing within himself.
Hernandez - 4.5 (6 first half, 3 second half). Was trying to make things happen n first half and played lots of lovely little through balls. Went missing in second half with the rest of the team.
Poveda - 5.5 - Best dribbler in the team but just little end product when he has done the hard part. Best player today.
Costa - 3 - Did stay in his position fairly well and looked to receive the ball but so lightweight and easily knocked off the ball.
Rodrigo - 4.5 - Isolated, and got little service. Hard to lay much fault with him as we've seen Bamford isolated so many times before as well.

Casey - 2 - Back to the U23s. Can he make it? Why didn't Cresswell get a chance?
Jenkins - 2 - Difficult to come into such a mess.
Harrison - 2 - Ineffective, but hardly surprising given the circumstances and position change.
Raphinha - 2 - Must wonder what he'd done to be punished by being brought into that sh1tshow.
Greenwood - 2 - Feel for Greenwood. Damned by Bielsa there. How's he supposed to impress in this circumstance. Would hate for him (and other young 'uns) to be tarred by Bielsa's tinkering.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Casilla-1 . .Finished here, he should have gone as soon as the racism case was lost. Guilty or not that should have been the end for his sake. So so bad today.

Shacks-2 . .Never a full back in a million years, poor, may make it as a midfielder, will never make it as a full back.

Ali-4. Linked well with Poveda at times but 2nd half he was visibly frustrated with the lack of movement ahead of him, poor by association rather than being.individually poor.

Coops-4 . .Had nothing much to do, do wonder if he would have made any difference 2nd half? Unlikely given pace and players running at him make his arse fall out.

KP-2 . .Poor poor poor, Shacks will never be a full back, KP will never be a cb and he was a disgrace today as a senior player.

Struijk-2 . .to far up the pitch, looked off it all game, not the answer at dm but thats a recruitment issue not his, poor though.

Pablo-4. . Tried to make things happen but his radar was off, passing was over hit or underhit, not good enough at all, has age finally caught up with him?

Costa-2 £21mil we spent on him with additional promotion fees, probably takes him over £50k a week. Gone backwards at a staggering rate. Would be on my sell sell list with Forshaw and Roberts and Kiko.

Poveda-5. My motm for us (not saying much) but he had our best chance and his moment of skill was a rare highlight. MB should never have taken him off.

Rodrigo -3 . .no service really but even so as a senior player he needs to do more. Starting to have doubts about Rodders, has quality sure, but was he ever the right signing?

Casey-1. .an absolute mile off League 1 level never mind our 1st team.

Jenkins- 1 . See Casey

Greenwood- 1 . See Jenkins.

Raph-3 . I dunno he did nothing of note what do you give him?

Harrison- 2 Never a striker, felt sorry for him, never in a million years goingto be a striker, what was Bielsa thinking. I can answer this, he runs around a lot.

MB NEEDS TO STOP PICKING PLAYERS SOLELY FOR EFFORT!!!!!! YOU NEED QUALITY EVENTUALLY OR A BASIC UNDERSTANDING OF THE POSITION YOU PLAYING.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:15 pm Casilla-1 . .Finished here, he should have gone as soon as the racism case was lost. Guilty or not that should have been the end for his sake. So so bad today.

Shacks-2 . .Never a full back in a million years, poor, may make it as a midfielder, will never make it as a full back.

Ali-4. Linked well with Poveda at times but 2nd half he was visibly frustrated with the lack of movement ahead of him, poor by association rather than being.individually poor.

Coops-4 . .Had nothing much to do, do wonder if he would have made any difference 2nd half? Unlikely given pace and players running at him make his arse fall out.

KP-2 . .Poor poor poor, Shacks will never be a full back, KP will never be a cb and he was a disgrace today as a senior player.

Struijk-2 . .to far up the pitch, looked off it all game, not the answer at dm but thats a recruitment issue not his, poor though.

Pablo-4. . Tried to make things happen but his radar was off, passing was over hit or underhit, not good enough at all, has age finally caught up with him?

Costa-2 £21mil we spent on him with additional promotion fees, probably takes him over £50k a week. Gone backwards at a staggering rate. Would be on my sell sell list with Forshaw and Roberts and Kiko.

Poveda-5. My motm for us (not saying much) but he had our best chance and his moment of skill was a rare highlight. MB should never have taken him off.

Rodrigo -3 . .no service really but even so as a senior player he needs to do more. Starting to have doubts about Rodders, has quality sure, but was he ever the right signing?

Casey-1. .an absolute mile off League 1 level never mind our 1st team.

Jenkins- 1 . See Casey

Greenwood- 1 . See Jenkins.

Raph-3 . I dunno he did nothing of note what do you give him?

Harrison- 2 Never a striker, felt sorry for him, never in a million years goingto be a striker, what was Bielsa thinking. I can answer this, he runs around a lot.

MB NEEDS TO STOP PICKING PLAYERS SOLELY FOR EFFORT!!!!!! YOU NEED QUALITY EVENTUALLY OR A BASIC UNDERSTANDING OF THE POSITION YOU PLAYING.
Doesn't Bielsa need to stop playing players out of position ? I wonder sometimes if he believes some of the hype surrounding him, and he sometimes tries to be too clever by half. He doesn't have to keep trying to prove he's some kind of a tactical mastermind - at times the game is simple, or should be.Phillips will never be a CB, Ayling will never be a CB, Alioski will never be a LB, Struijk will never be a DM, Shacks will never be a full back, Harrison will never be a striker, Rodrigo will possibly never be a no 10 and so on....On that front I'm wondering too why Orta thought Rodrigo would be a suitable signing.
Last edited by CHAPELALLMAN on Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Casilla 0.5
Shackleton 3
Phillips 3
Cooper 3
Struijk 3
Davis 4
Costa 3.5
Hernandez 3
Poveda 4
Alioski 3
Rodrigo 3.5

Casey 3
Jenkins 3
Harrison 3.5
Raphinha 3.5
Greenwood 3

Mostly 3s across the board, and I feel that may have been generous. What a lacklustre performance.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Can't bring myself to rate the players in this game as it just never happened
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ratscoot wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:44 am Can't bring myself to rate the players in this game as it just never happened
It did happen Rat

Just give them between 0 & 5, you won't be far off with your estimation :lol:
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Just no
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:35 pm Lets be having them folks for our feeble shower of football team today

No hiding please!

Casilla 0
Shackleton 0
Phillips 0
Cooper 0
Struijk 0
Davis 0
Costa 0
Hernandez 0
Poveda 4
Alioskl 0
Rodrigo 0
subs
Casey 0
Jenkins 0
Harrison 0
Raphinha 3
Greenwood 0
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Team rating... 1st half 4...2nd half 1
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Forgot one.

Leif Davis-2 . .Another youngish player who gets a lot of hype based on little evidence. Not convinced by him, needs a loan.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom