Big six proposal - Unbelievable or not!!!!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Re: Big six proposal

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Football requires a salary cap to increase competitiveness.
hector

Post by hector »

Shoot all the ringleaders!!!

up against the wall...

Bop Bop Bop..

They won't be so keen to try it again then, will they??

:mrgreen:
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Does this mean we will not see the Bombay bandits or the Peking pirates playing in the super league now?

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Cjay wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:45 pm Excellent news if true.

Will happily forgive City and Chelsea if they do this as they clearly werent a driving force.
I did post what I'd heard previous that Man City and Arse were reluctant but felt had to otherwise fall behind , possibly and probably it was Chelsea not Arse .
Funny I went for a sleep at 4.30 yesterday afternoon ( work nights ) , got up and the whole landscape on this had changed , it was over . I don't think these clubs can be let off though , not completely , they are owned by people who haven't a clue about football......the likes of people who at a whim will change a clubs traditional colours from blue to red ( Cardiff ) . I see Man Utd fans who want their club punished. Fair on them .To say no written rule has been broken.......well.........remember Spygate .This is monumentally worse .
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Mountain wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:17 pm Leeds fans and players were punished for decisions made in the boardroom, I don't see why these should be treated differently.

For me, a 15 points deduction would suffice. Maybe 12 points for City and Chelsea.
Does this mean I don't get to burn Chelsea shirts now 😥
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

In a couple of weeks time, United could make history as the first team to crash out of the Champions League, the Europa League and the European Super League in one season.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Now that this cheeky display of greed is over, perhaps the game can get back to the normality of pundits hyperventilating over VAR while club owners carry on starving children in Yemen, unquestioned and unchallenged.
Prisoner37
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Prisoner37 »

Neville and Carragher both have been bigging up Bamford's interview and the Leeds players wearing the protest shirts.

Also lots of praise for James Milner too, who as captain for the night was probably the bravest of all those who spoke out.
As an aside I thought Milner was their best player by far on Monday evening, that is quite something at 35, against a team that makes others work so hard. Would love to see him back at Leeds in some capacity.

Great to seeing us leading the way in embarrassing the Big Pricks.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

danhirons wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:31 am If this happened why wouldn't they just go back to the Super League?

also none of them signed up to the ESL with the thought that they would have to leave their domestic leagues - it was seen more as an add on to the champions league
Whilst some were more hesitant than others they all knew what the ESL meant for the domestic game.

A severe punishment for the backstabbing and lies they must have told for probably years whilst all the planning was going on.

This contract had over 100 pages, it wasnt thought up overnight.

Super League is dead for now, besides after an embarrassing come down i dont think they would want to go running back to it so fast.

If we can be punished for not behaving in good faith surely they can all be punished for it to? Seems ideally suited really
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Clacton White wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:59 am I did post what I'd heard previous that Man City and Arse were reluctant but felt had to otherwise fall behind , possibly and probably it was Chelsea not Arse .
Funny I went for a sleep at 4.30 yesterday afternoon ( work nights ) , got up and the whole landscape on this had changed , it was over . I don't think these clubs can be let off though , not completely , they are owned by people who haven't a clue about football......the likes of people who at a whim will change a clubs traditional colours from blue to red ( Cardiff ) . I see Man Utd fans who want their club punished. Fair on them .To say no written rule has been broken.......well.........remember Spygate .This is monumentally worse .
Chelsea and Man City make more sense, for all Abramovich's faults he didnt buy Chelsea to make money primarily, he saved them and fancied playing real life football manager.

And Sheikh Mansour at Man City probably wipes his arse with £1000 notes.

Think the fear of being left behind motivated them hence why they both were the first to abandon it.

What punishment do you think fits the crime?
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

HarryofOz wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:33 am Hitler has his say

https://www.captiongenerator.com/220636 ... er-League-
:lol:

Funnily enough April 20th is a fairly important date in history.

Hitler was born.

The same day Hitler was born the Super League collapsed.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

HarryofOz wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:01 am Spurs will release a DVD of their 48 hours in the ESL on Friday, available from the clubshop.
:rol: :rol: :rol:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Atletico Madrid and Inter Milan have both released statements today.

They are out.

Juventus Chairman Andrea Agnelli has admitted the ESL cant go ahead.
Signed

King Cjay

HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Fair play to Madrid's Perez. He said that the younger generation didn't have the attention span for football matches that lasted as long as 90 minutes. So he devised a completion that was over and one with in 48 hours.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Inter's withdrawal statement did not include an apology to the fans from their owners.

But is that better or worse than the fake apology from Liverpool owner?
DavidH
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by DavidH »

Someone mentioned the "fit and proper person" test earlier. Assuming it's the same in the Premiership, these football directors should indeed be subject to it. It seems fairer to me that they should carry the can by being forced to sell their shares, than penalise their fans, the very people arguably, who brought about the collapse of this money-grabbing league.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

DavidH wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:46 am Someone mentioned the "fit and proper person" test earlier. Assuming it's the same in the Premiership, these football directors should indeed be subject to it. It seems fairer to me that they should carry the can by being forced to sell their shares, than penalise their fans, the very people arguably, who brought about the collapse of this money-grabbing league.
Self-serving greed is not one of the tests though.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

DavidH wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:46 am Someone mentioned the "fit and proper person" test earlier. Assuming it's the same in the Premiership, these football directors should indeed be subject to it. It seems fairer to me that they should carry the can by being forced to sell their shares, than penalise their fans, the very people arguably, who brought about the collapse of this money-grabbing league.
They can't be forced to sell shares.

If people involved in genocide passed the fit and proper person test, as did owners like Ashley, Bates, Cellini and others, there is no chance that the owners of Liverpool or ManU will fail it for what was a rational business decision (even if an appalling football one)...
Metro1962
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Metro1962 »

Fine the big 6 :lol: That would not work as fines would be pennies to them,Hit them where it hurts just like they did with other clubs in the past and that should be MEGA point deduction to the point :) they do not even have a chance of getting a Champions or Europa League place.

The PL and the FA had better not give them a slap on the wrist and whitewash this whole thing with silly excuses for them because they are the big 6,If you break the rules you get punished. :evil: