Raphinha

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Raphinha

Post by whiteswan »

weasel wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:12 pm Why would you think that? After all we turned down big money for KP when we were in the championship. That would have been a sizeable return consideringhow much Radz had paid for the club.

Barring an astronomical offer it would make no sense to sell in January as staying up is worth far more than that low figure and if he were to sell the club prior to the end of the season it is worth far more with an asset like Raphinha. Even if Raphinha himself said he wanted to stay I am sure the club would be able to make an agreement with him and his agent to sell him in the summer if a certain fee was reached.
Didn't Orta give Kalvin the choice? Stay or go. Granny Val had an impact on him staying so I do think that if Kalvin had said go, he would have been sold. (I may be totally wrong of course but that was my take on it )
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

WhiteRose wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:23 pm Because he has said we need the money so he has put himself in a difficult position already also suggests we need to sell before we can buy so wouldn’t want to wait especially given how much we seem to mess around over transfers. Over on waccoe they all seem to think there is a release clause so not a lot we can do if that’s the case.
We clearly don't need the money am sure Radz was speaking in more general long term planning in that you sell 1 or 2 star players and try to replace them with goodrecruitin so that you aren't always running at a loss. If there is a release clause then yes unlikely we could do anything unless Raphinha himself decided he wanted to stay.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:16 am Didn't Orta give Kalvin the choice? Stay or go. Granny Val had an impact on him staying so I do think that if Kalvin had said go, he would have been sold. (I may be totally wrong of course but that was my take on it )
Yes he was given the choice but that backs up the point really that we didn't simply accept a bid and tell him to pack his bags.
Eireleeds1
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @kevingaff

Post by Eireleeds1 »

Rapha is a class above any other creative player at the club. To sell him in January would be virtually accepting relegation. A lot of good work Since Bielsa took charge could be undone verse quickly
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Proof of the bullsh*t

Screenshot 2021-12-26 12.15.06.png
Screenshot 2021-12-26 12.15.06.png (195.19 KiB) Viewed 852 times
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Raphinha - NEW DEAL WITH LEEDS!!!!!!!!

Post by BGwhite »

If AR has any sense his major assets won't be going anywhere in January. They are vital in keeping us in the PL , relegation will cost him hundreds of millions . Sell them now and it's game over.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Bayern is a strange rumour. They have Coman and Gnabry, so it's quite possible that Raphinha would spend time on the bench there. I'm sure Leeds would sell at the right price, but it doesn't make sense to sell to the first offer that comes along at the start of the window.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mountain wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:33 pm Bayern is a strange rumour. They have Coman and Gnabry, so it's quite possible that Raphinha would spend time on the bench there. I'm sure Leeds would sell at the right price, but it doesn't make sense to sell to the first offer that comes along at the start of the window.
It doesn't make sense to sell him at all.

As I've said previously, we've been down that road twice in our history & we were relegated both times.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

£42m would represent a profit of £25m in less than 2 years so it’s not to be sniffed at. But I agree, by today’s crazy standards, I think he is probably worth more.

Given our precarious position it’ll be interesting to see what, if any, business will done in January.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

The thing that makes/made this plausible is thay the source was reputable.

That Brazilian source is popular.

Also either Radz or the 49ers would need to put funds in to enable spending in January.

Our accounts tell us that that is something Radz has rarely done from his own pocket and the 49ers never have, so selling a player was seemingly the most likely reason.

Furthermore Deco has been talking up Raph moving to a Champions League club.

I would be shocked if Raph went to Bayern in January, not because i dont think we would sell (i think the owners absolutely would) but it seems Bayern havent the money.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Very few teams can afford 50-60M in cash on the nose., football is run on credit for the most part. If we had to sell maybe negotiate a player back plus cash
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

TBH, looking at the tread title I expected better news
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

I know talks are ongoing about a new deal, but nothing has been announced so that banner headline on the thread is misleading bollocks
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Unless someone knows something the rest of us don't
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Straight swap for Cuisance? Lol
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Re: Raphinha - Bayern rumours denied, potential new deal discussed.

Post by Lumiukko »

Raphinha strikes me as someone who isn't a mercenary and who won't go anywhere in January. I do think he will see the season out with us, and make his big move next summer. However, not because if we get relegated he'll get a bigger signing on fee elsewhere, I just think he wants to prove he's up to the relegation battle. That all said, doubtless he will be moving on to bigger things next season, and you can't blame him with the quality he possesses. Hopefully by negotiating a new deal now, the club will make the best out of his remaining time with us, and cash in top dollar when the time comes
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

I am yet to be convinced the Raph sale hasn’t got legs.
I have a feeling Liverpool may have a go. They are losing key players to the African Nations tournament.

Despite Raph’s protestations of being happy. The reality is that any sense of loyalty would be tested if a big club comes in who are playing Champions League.

Once a players head is turned the outcome is a generally familiar one.

Really hope this is just paranoia on my part.
MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MightyWhites »

IMO 42 million is a joke of a price. If Jack Grealish cost Man City 100 million and we sell for less than half then we deserve everything we get. IMO he is worth at least 70-80 million. If we sell him in January then it's suicide.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

MightyWhites wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:49 pm IMO 42 million is a joke of a price. If Jack Grealish cost Man City 100 million and we sell for less than half then we deserve everything we get. IMO he is worth at least 70-80 million. If we sell him in January then it's suicide.
Agree.
Sell him for anything less than £75 million will show us up as a tinpot club with NO AMBITION.
Also please DO NOT sell him to the scruffy scousers at any cost.
A few players back and a few wins under t' belt will improve everyones outlook, keep the best players, offload the dross, and move onward and upward, oh no, there I go talking all common sense again.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Maguire 80 mill. Top notch forwards always cost more. 100 mil imo.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk