Raphinha

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Lufcste
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Raphinha - Deco still talking to Barcelona, Chelsea waiting for a response

Post by Lufcste »

weasel wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:14 pm Why would he want to leave Deco if Raphihna's dream move is to go to Barcelona? If Raphihna has his heart set on Barca then it would appear Deco is doing all that he can to get his client his dream move.
No I get that and I do agree with you but with all these reports about Deco going behind the clubs back and agreeing deals and promising other clubs the sun moon and stars, not many clubs will have that you know. Even though its not Raph's fault clubs still wont have it. Its happened a few times with clubs not wanting players because of their agent. Again I could be miles off but that's the picture we seem to have been painted of him the last few weeks.
ALL LEEDS AREN'T WEEEEEEEE
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Raphinha - Barcelona announce immediate cash injection of around £175million with more potentially coming soon

Post by 1964white »

Raphinha is on holiday with his Mrs, so don't expect any deals to be done immediately.

I would imagine he is contemplating his options, but nothing is concrete yet!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Raphinha - Barcelona announce immediate cash injection of around £175million with more potentially coming soon

Post by Cjay »

This is getting f*****g ridiculous now.

It is clearly impacting our business as well.

We need to bring this to a close.

Tell Barcelona that they have until 00:01 July 2nd UK time to pay us the price and terms we want.

If they don't then Raphinha will not be sold to Barcelona at all.

Then tell Deco and Raph that they have until Monday 4th of July at 9am UK time to agree terms with Chelsea

If they haven't then the deal is off and Raphinha will be staying here until the end of his contract unless £80mill is offered and if its Barcelona then its £80mil upfront

Time we put out foot down here.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:02 pm We need to bring this to a close.

Tell Barcelona that they have until 00:01 July 2nd UK time to pay us the price and terms we want.

Why?

If they want to drive each other up with bids for the next week or 10 days, why would Leeds suddenly impose artificial deadlines and say it's ridiculous and they won't do business with one or the other?
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Mountain wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:07 pm Why?

If they want to drive each other up with bids for the next week or 10 days, why would Leeds suddenly impose artificial deadlines and say it's ridiculous and they won't do business with one or the other?
Can't help thinking we're more exposed the longer this goes on. If Chelscum get pissed off with Rapha not wanting to join and Deco's dodgy manoeuvrings, and decide to withdraw their bid, we're screwed.

Their fanbase must be amazed that they are letting themselves be messed about like this.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Mountain wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:07 pm Why?

Doubt we'd make Barcelona pay more than Chelsea so it makes no difference to us.

Barcelona are my 2nd team as I've said before but they have behaved disgracefully.

We have business of our own to do and need to get on.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Wonder how Chelsea fans feel?

It's obvious just as it was with Arsenal he doesn't want to go there (reiterate I don't hold any ill will towards Raph).

Atleast when he joined us we knew he wanted to be here.

He turned down Champions League for us and whilst it didn't last aslong as we hoped we know we had his full commitment for his 2 years here.

Even when he knew it could cost him his dream move he gave it his all and for that I will always be grateful to Raph.

But Chelsea fans must be getting annoyed surely?
Signed

King Cjay

Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
Excl: Barcelona contacted Leeds yesterday night to submit new bid for Raphinha, following talks with Deco. Barça verbal proposal does not fulfill Leeds request, yet. 🚨🇧🇷 #Raphinha

Leeds insist on respecting the agreement with Chelsea for £60m.

It’s still open on player side.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:02 pm
This is getting f*****g ridiculous now.

It is clearly impacting our business as well.

We need to bring this to a close.

Then tell Deco and Raph that they have until Monday 4th of July at 9am UK time to agree terms with Chelsea

If they haven't then the deal is off and Raphinha will be staying here until the end of his contract unless £80mill is offered and if its Barcelona then its £80mil upfront

Time we put out foot down here.
Not as simple as that especially if Raph is on his jollies.. But Barca at the very least need to better the Chelsea offer irrespective of whether Raph wants to go there or not... What would be a disaster is for Raph to turn down Chelsea and we get less from Barcelona so that's where we need to play hardball....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Carrick Dave wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:21 pm Can't help thinking we're more exposed the longer this goes on. If Chelscum get pissed off with Rapha not wanting to join and Deco's dodgy manoeuvrings, and decide to withdraw their bid, we're screwed.
I don't think we're screwed.

It's not like we need the money to pay wages or face winding up. It's not like the player has said he'll go on strike. I think we just need to see how things develop over the coming days. If Barcelona come in with thruppence and the player insists on going there, that's a problem...but we're not in that territory yet.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Mountain wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:55 pm I don't think we're screwed.

It's not like we need the money to pay wages or face winding up. It's not like the player has said he'll go on strike. I think we just need to see how things develop over the coming days. If Barcelona come in with thruppence and the player insists on going there, that's a problem...but we're not in that territory yet.
It would be great to see Rapha stay, he'd still be playing for his World Cup place so his performance wouldn't drop off.

However, I have a sneaky feeling that the Kalvin money is intended to cover the outlay so far, and the Rapha money to fund a striker and a Kalvin replacement. If Rapha stays, the rest of the window might look a lot more meagre than the players we're currently linked with.

Time will tell how it plays out.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:36 pm Wonder how Chelsea fans feel?

It's obvious just as it was with Arsenal he doesn't want to go there (reiterate I don't hold any ill will towards Raph).

Atleast when he joined us we knew he wanted to be here.

He turned down Champions League for us and whilst it didn't last aslong as we hoped we know we had his full commitment for his 2 years here.

Even when he knew it could cost him his dream move he gave it his all and for that I will always be grateful to Raph.

But Chelsea fans must be getting annoyed surely?
See 2 posts previous above.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

It's all getting boring now,

There;s 3 teams that want him.

Let them bid.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Mountain wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:55 pm I don't think we're screwed.

That’s fair enough Mountain but we can’t afford days turning into weeks/a month or more. If Barca can stump up the required money £60m+ on the nose and immediately then happy days. If not, then they lose out to Chelski. If Raphinha is away then we need to be able to get a replacement player in, well before the start of the new season, to have a chance of bedding him in to the team/playing style. To me it’s a matter of timing, if it’s going to happen it needs to happen quickly.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Surely we're not that potless that we're unable to do business unless we sell Rapha? Maybe I'm being naive here, but why doesn't Radz or the 49-ers fund any moves we make, safe (ish) in the knowledge that Raphina is leaving, either now or in January and his sale will recoup, or should, the outlay on the players we want to bring in? Is FFP an issue for us, I don't know? If we end up with Rapha and his intended replacement for half a season, is that such a bad thing? Get rid of those deemed surplus to requirements to free up some wages etc, this doesn't feel like it has to be rocket science. Maybe an overly simplistic view, but I think Radz needs to be a little bit less risk averse this summer or we are going to be playing catch up come 6th August.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Kennyb41 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:57 pm It's all getting boring now,

There;s 3 teams that want him.

Let them bid.
Should be so simple shouldn't it?

But we are talking Leeds Utd, Radz, Orta and Kinnear!
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

You just couldn't be more right Swan, 3 stooges trying to run a piss up in a Brewery.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:47 am Should be so simple shouldn't it?

But we are talking Leeds Utd, Radz, Orta and Kinnear!
Actually no, this is an incredibly convoluted process when you factor in what both clubs want including all the bonuses, contract details, where the player wants t play, where his agent thinks he should play, ditto family, medicals, what additions the player wants in his new contract, player unavailability etc.... There's a trope here that the Leeds FO bends over backwards to accommodate everyone else, not true of course, but that would ease most processes not extend them if it were true
Last edited by The Subhuman on Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I think fans sometimes only see the commodity to be traded like gold or something rather than a human being..
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Should be f**k all to do with 'where the agent' wants him to go.
If a player wants to lake for a certain club then he ought to be instructing his agent as that, bit like phillips has, why go to a club your agent wants, it's up to the player and whats best for him and his family surely ?
Don't allow the tail to wag the dog.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"