Raphinha

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Raphinha

Post by weasel »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:10 am Why? Was he big influence on the Meat Shields early career do you think. I know he played under him. I still won’t get involved in kicking the man until I see some Prem games. First 3 or 4 will be eye openers to say the least. I think he’s hiding the real Leeds under a blanket. Bit like MB. Then unleash on an unsuspecting Wolves.
P.S. I only wrote this to get 1000 posts :pop:

Haaland said: “Jesse and I had a great relationship. We still talk on the phone sometimes. He was an amazing manager for me, and we had some great memories together.

“I am lucky to have gotten to know him as a coach, but also as a person. He was very good with me. As you saw, I was very happy on and off the pitch in Salzburg. Even though it was just six months, it was a good time. He is an amazing guy.”

What comes accross with JM is that he is more motivational and approachable than Bielsa. To someone like Halland that was probably as important as tactics as he was with a new club in a new country and might not have been able to communicate with some of the players. Would that friendship and motivation have left the same impression though to a young player whpo wasn't in the first team? Would they be rotting in the reserves, not learning or improving, and having a manager saying how great you are but then nor playing him (ala bigging up Leif Davis but now it appears happy to let him leave).

With Bielsa it seemed the opposite. Far less approachable and reliant more on the tactics than motivating the players - an example being that when we were in a bad run of results, in our promotion season, that Bielsa told them that if they kept playing the same way the results would come - and they did (basically the bad results were down to quirks in statistics, such as us missing 18 chances and the opponents scoring from 1 of their 2 shots, rather than performace).

Mould the two together and you probably have a great manager. I'd take great tactics over motivation every day of the week as hearing the same motivating speeches loses the impact quickly. It is also easier to get in a no.2 to be the cheerleader.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Raphinha- Pays tribute to Bielsa

Post by 1964white »

This is how to score goals Leeds.

andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

1964white wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:11 am This is how to score goals Leeds.

That goal all came from Jesse Marsch's high press
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

1964white wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:11 am This is how to score goals Leeds.

Seriously though. Can't help but feel we got jippd 20 to 30 million on the transfer fee
Victor_Notts-17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Raphinha - Two goals in two games.

Post by Victor_Notts-17 »

The man will be worth £100m+ after the WC. Okay he deserved his promotion and he paid his dues (to LUFC) but seriously we should not have let him go for less that £75m. Hindsight eh...
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:14 am The man will be worth £100m+ after the WC. Okay he deserved his promotion and he paid his dues (to LUFC) but seriously we should not have let him go for less that £75m. Hindsight eh...
It’s not hindsight when you know something will happen. Any idiot would wait in a WC year. Not our idiots though.
We’re not going to post all his goals for ba***rd Barca & Brazil on here are we :(
Last edited by Jaydog on Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:14 am The man will be worth £100m+ after the WC. Okay he deserved his promotion and he paid his dues (to LUFC) but seriously we should not have let him go for less that £75m. Hindsight eh...
Raphinha is certain to be one of the stars in the 2022 World Cup.

Barca know they've got a bargain even now, his worth will keep on increasing.

I doubt we'll vaguely replace him.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:23 am It’s not hindsight when you know something will happen. Any idiot would wait in a WC year. Not our idiots though.
We’re not going to post all his goals for ba***rd Barca & Brazil on here are we :(
Other PL clubs would Jay, but our first eleven/squad was lightweight & a bit of a mess tbh, hence why we were nearly relegated, so we were desperate to take the cash to make the necessary changes.

We brought in Kristensen as both Ayling & Dallas are knackered. We've flooded the midfield in an effort to stop teams running straight through the spine of our team. Cooper is once again injured, just need our matchstick CB's to break down & we are in a fine mess again.

Furthermore, we are running out of time in bolstering up two important positions, a prolific striker & a LB.

Time for our American billionaire owner to put his hand in his deep pockets.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:23 am It’s not hindsight when you know something will happen. Any idiot would wait in a WC year. Not our idiots though.
Maybe mate, goals is what football is all about :soccer: even though we are starved of them at Leeds.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:43 am Other PL clubs would Jay, but our first eleven/squad was lightweight & a bit of a mess tbh, hence why we were nearly relegated, so we were desperate to take the cash to make the necessary changes.

We brought in Kristensen as both Ayling & Dallas are knackered. We've flooded the midfield in an effort to stop teams running straight through the spine of our team. Cooper is once again injured, just need our matchstick CB's to break down & we are in a fine mess again.

Furthermore, we are running out of time in bolstering up two important positions, a prolific striker & a LB.

Time for our American billionaire owner to put his hand in his deep pockets.
Atm I’m not overjoyed with the way we’ve spent the cash though Leon.
Maybe time will show otherwise. As others have said a really creative midfielder, proper striker & a LB still to go.
I can see we were in a tricky position with Raph but we definitely wilted under pressure on the price
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:51 am Atm I’m not overjoyed with the way we’ve spent the cash though Leon.
Maybe time will show otherwise. As others have said a really creative midfielder, proper striker & a LB still to go.
I can see we were in a tricky position with Raph but we definitely wilted under pressure on the price
Our owners are not great negotiators.

Overspent on Rodrigo, James, Firpo, who knows on the recent signings.

As I said because of our predicament, we got less whereas other clubs would have cashed in more for Raphinha & Kalvin.

Roca & Kristensen looking good buys though.

Raphinha, Meslier & Gelhardt also terrific purchases a couple of seasons ago.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:00 am Our owners are not great negotiators.

Overspent on Rodrigo, James, Firpo, who knows on the recent signings.

As I said because of our predicament, we got less whereas other clubs would have cashed in more for Raphinha & Kalvin.

Roca & Kristensen looking good buys too.

Raphinha, Meslier & Gelhardt also terrific purchases a couple of seasons ago.
You can’t win em all. Got to kiss a few frogs....
I’ve said already I like Kristensen and Roca looks assured and has a bit of class about him.
We totally robbed Wigan of JG. Blinding bit of business. Fair play
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Deep down we always knew we got screwed on the price.

We were desperate for cash.

Radz had publicly put Raph up for sale in December.

Once you start demanding fees up front the world knows you can be bullied.

More ambitious owners get £75mil easy for Raph.

Was never any doubt he would go on to be a superstar in my mind.

£50-55mil was extremely poor business.

2 goals and 2 assists in 2 games.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:03 am Deep down we always knew we got screwed on the price.

We were desperate for cash.

Radz had publicly put Raph up for sale in December.

Once you start demanding fees up front the world knows you can be bullied.

More ambitious owners get £75mil easy for Raph.

Was never any doubt he would go on to be a superstar in my mind.

£50-55mil was extremely poor business.

2 goals and 2 assists in 2 games.
It’s the polar opposite in business terms v JG from Wigan. The sublime to the ridiculous.
Most likely he’s upped his game already. A mixture of happiness/adrenaline plus better players around him.
After the WC his value will be way beyond 75 that’s for certain
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

We got value for Ralph imo…. Complete bollox all the conspiracy s**t
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

faaip wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:30 am We got value for Ralph imo…. Complete bollox all the conspiracy s**t
Conspiracy? We got bullied and were desperate. Bad combo when you’re negotiating.
Define value. If anyone got value it’s Barca not us. Value is selling something for more than it’s worth from our point of view. We didn’t do that.
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

we didnt get value for Raphinha we got the wool pulled over our eyes. he wanted to go fair enough he helped us out all he could and he deserved better end of story, but as far as money goes he was worth 65m to 75m all day long he is twice the player grealish is and grealish went for 100m its just sad but we just have to live with it.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

He wanted to go to Barcelona. That is all they could or were willing to pay and the board owed him a moral debt because he effectively prevented us being relegated. How much was that worth ???!

Of course he is worth more than what we sold him for but we got extremely good value from him all things considered.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Scoobychief wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:23 pm we didnt get value for Raphinha we got the wool pulled over our eyes. he wanted to go fair enough he helped us out all he could and he deserved better end of story, but as far as money goes he was worth 65m to 75m all day long he is twice the player grealish is and grealish went for 100m its just sad but we just have to live with it.
Yeah but others on here will say they were only worth what anyone was willing to pay. But the market was narrowed by the desire of both players to go to a specific club and we needed the money so no bidding war was ever going to happen. I would have let KP go but not Raph, not till after the WC anyway. Always a gamble but weren’t in a position to gamble.
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

Get harrison sold to Newcastle for 35m. Have it