Marcelo Bielsa

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Re: Marcelo Bielsa.

Post by Clacton White »

faaip wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:43 pm What makes you think he came for just Everton? That's a lot of luggage for a job interview. Maybe he was always planning a holiday
I wouldn't consider Liverpool a holiday destination 😁, why would anyone want to go there 😁,.....and I am from Birmingham , which isn't a lot better !
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:16 pm Like I have said before though Bielsa had James for about 6 months, no pre-season, no chance to really get him acclimatised and then thrust into a role he was unsuited to due to Bamford being out and us having 2 wingers both fit.

He didn't get the 7 weeks of intensive training with Dan James that he obviously feels is essential judging by the Everton job refusal. So just because Dan James didn't become a world beater overnight it seems ludicrous to put it down to some sort of weird obsession.
Dan James will never become a World beater in a million years.

Bielsa was obsessed with signing him even at a vastly over inflated price.

To the point Phil Hay even said unlike with other signings he was not even consulted when it became apparent James was available because the club knew the answer.

Signing James a winger we didn't need or who wasn't even fairly priced was unnecessary and down to the whims of 1 man

And for once it wasn't Orta.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:46 pm Everton owner was in London is why.

Personally I hiope he gets the Leicester gig for next season.

They are well past a change.
Leicester not a bad shout but I dont think they have the money to sack Rodgers

Actually Similar to us and Marsch now I think about it.

49ers may agree to sign players (assets) but why would they foot the bill for the previous owners employees mistake.
Signed

King Cjay

Clueless Yank
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: PhilipVU94

Post by Clueless Yank »

Cjay wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:39 pm So he travelled 13hours to tell them he didn't want to manager there 1st team but wanted millions to be there youth team coach

He has some front tbf :lol:
I kind of admire it. He's not willing to get blamed for the fact the current team are s**t, so he offers a plan to make it absolutely clear he's there to build a system, not matter whether they stay up or want to get back up next year.

And they're like, "No, we need a quick fix" which is understandable given that relegation is a huge financial hit and carries a risk of long-term purgatory. Not that Dyche guarantees any better this year but I can understand their panic.

So, MB waits for the summer. I like the self-assuredness.
Last edited by Clueless Yank on Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Cjay wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:13 pm Bielsa was obsessed with signing him even at a vastly over inflated price.
I think it was Earth Wind and Fire that sang:-

After the love has gone, what used to be right is wrong...

I remember when Bielsa's obsession was almost a point of pride for us, he checked the skirting boards for dust, he watched hundreds of hours of tape, he analysed every angle. When we liked him. Now, some depict that attention to detail as the darker side of obsession, borderline autism.

All managers have signed players that didn't work out. That's football. Though it is unusual, maybe even unfair, to say he wasn't even consulted...but blame him for the price.
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

weasel wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:32 am He's the one
Who likes all our pretty songs
And he likes to sing along
And he likes to shoot his gun
But he knows not what it means
Knows not what it means
And I say he's the one
Who likes all our pretty songs
And he likes to sing along
And he likes to shoot his gun
But he knows not what it means
Knows not what it means
Knows not what it means
Knows not what it means
And I say yeah

Kurt Cobain - so frustrated with the idiots in the world he took his own life.
This is a dangerous post. I hope Kenny has just skip read it and not digested the implications.
I wonder if he owns a shotgun?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Mountain wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:36 pm I think it was Earth Wind and Fire that sang:-

After the love has gone, what used to be right is wrong...

I remember when Bielsa's obsession was almost a point of pride for us, he checked the skirting boards for dust, he watched hundreds of hours of tape, he analysed every angle. When we liked him. Now, some depict that attention to detail as the darker side of obsession, borderline autism.

All managers have signed players that didn't work out. That's football. Though it is unusual, maybe even unfair, to say he wasn't even consulted...but blame him for the price.
His personality had positives absolutely.

Wouldn't be who he is without it.

But it wasn't always positive.

Me saying he had autistic traits wasn't a negative, just my opinion.

Phil Hay said in his article that Buslsa wasn't consulted when James became available because he has made it clear he wanted James if possible I assume.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Clueless Yank wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:28 pm I kind of admire it. He's not willing to get blamed for the fact the current team are s**t, so he offers a plan to make it absolutely clear he's there to build a system, not matter whether they stay up or want to get back up next year.

And they're like, "No, we need a quick fix" which is understandable given that relegation is a huge financial hit and carries a risk of long-term purgatory. Not that Dyche guarantees any better this year but I can understand their panic.

So, MB waits for the summer. I like the self-assuredness.
It's very admirable tbf to him.

Most managers would have jumped at the chance to make tons of cash for something that if you fail the fans won't blame you for anyway.

It shows a real self awareness Bielsa basically saying I can't do this job now but in the summer I can.

And shows his commitment to building something meaningful by working with the u21s.
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

BobHirst wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:39 pm This is a dangerous post. I hope Kenny has just skip read it and not digested the implications.
Why would Kenny get a gun? He isn't one of the one's who just sing along.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:46 pm His personality had positives absolutely.

Wouldn't be who he is without it.

But it wasn't always positive.

Me saying he had autistic traits wasn't a negative, just my opinion.

Phil Hay said in his article that Buslsa wasn't consulted when James became available because he has made it clear he wanted James if possible I assume.
And 6 months time is not enough time to judge a player under the tutelage of a Bielsa or Pep. Dallas wasn't a central midfielder, Dallas wasn't a midfielder - how long did it take before fans had to admit that Bielsa spotted something that they hadn't and that Dallas likely hadn't spotted too. Same with Alioski, he's not a defender. Same with KP, didn't turn into a world class DM overnight (and he had a full pre-season), Bamford's not a premier league striker etc. Just because Dan James wasn't transformed overnight it doesn't mean that Bielsa wouldn't have moulded him into something special. If we'd got to this point of this season and Bielsa was still here and Dan James wasn't playing well then maybe it would be the time to judge. Not after just a few months with Bielsa and then for a manager that saw him just as a winger and doesn't use wingers.
Musicman1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Musicman1965 »

Mountain wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:29 pm The line...

"Obviously Everton a club that needs saving is well beyond his capabilities."...

is not a question though, it is a statement.
should have put IMO, so lets have your view on the reasons why he turned down the job and Sean Dyke will accept the position.
They are both in need of work, both experienced and Everton could be great again with the correct investment.....
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by Leeds1000 »

We would never have achieved promotion without him. I have not witnessed anything before or after to convince me otherwise.

Everton's loss. Although i have a feeling he may be back there at the end of the season.
Musicman1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Musicman1965 »

Cjay wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:13 pm Dan James will never become a World beater in a million years.

Bielsa was obsessed with signing him even at a vastly over inflated price.

To the point Phil Hay even said unlike with other signings he was not even consulted when it became apparent James was available because the club knew the answer.

Signing James a winger we didn't need or who wasn't even fairly priced was unnecessary and down to the whims of 1 man

And for once it wasn't Orta.
He is such a world beater he warms the Fulham bench instead of ours. (I actually like Dan James and I still think he has real potential)
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Musicman1965 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:04 pm should have put IMO, so lets have your view on the reasons why he turned down the job and Sean Dyke will accept the position.
They are both in need of work, both experienced and Everton could be great again with the correct investment.....
IMO doesn't turn a comment into a question, but an opinion. And that's the point I made, you are entitled to your opinion that Dyche is a better manager, it's just one that - IMO - would have fans all around the world laughing.

I have no idea why he turned it down. I am not Bielsa so I cannot speak for him. Maybe he doesn't like blue? Maybe the Liverpool accent is too annoying?
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

weasel wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:16 pm Like I have said before though Bielsa had James for about 6 months, no pre-season, no chance to really get him acclimatised and then thrust into a role he was unsuited to due to Bamford being out and us having 2 wingers both fit.

He didn't get the 7 weeks of intensive training with Dan James that he obviously feels is essential judging by the Everton job refusal. So just because Dan James didn't become a world beater overnight it seems ludicrous to put it down to some sort of weird obsession.
They just don't get 'it' Weasel.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Cjay wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:38 pm That's his personality though (not criticising him as a person).

But he has that autistic obsessive trait.

Can see it in how he works but he does get fixated on things and James was one.
You always seem to be fumbling around for a word.

Meticulous, might help you out.

No need champ :tup:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

weasel wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:35 am They are beyond help Kenny. 2 people can look at the same painting. One sees the beauty, the heartache and all the passion that went into it. The other person says 'Why's her tit made out of elephant dung?"
:roflmao: :roflmao:

;@)
Musicman1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Musicman1965 »

Mountain wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:23 pm IMO doesn't turn a comment into a question, but an opinion. And that's the point I made, you are entitled to your opinion that Dyche is a better manager, it's just one that - IMO - would have fans all around the world laughing.

I have no idea why he turned it down. I am not Bielsa so I cannot speak for him. Maybe he doesn't like blue? Maybe the Liverpool accent is too annoying?
Not a better manager just probably more suited to the task in hand
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

weasel wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:56 pm Why would Kenny get a gun? He isn't one of the one's who just sing along.
I wasn't referring to the lyrics but to you're comment "Kurt Cobain - so frustrated with the idiots in the world he took his own life.".
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

BobHirst wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:39 pm This is a dangerous post. I hope Kenny has just skip read it and not digested the implications.
Certain posters like Weasel never get a skim read, you're very lucky i just caught yours though, twas the 'Kenny' that caught my eye

Nah, it'd be going off everywhere.

;@)