The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 31st July) Former duo linked to ER return

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 31st July) Former duo linked to ER return

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Friday 31st July, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Former duo linked to ER return

A transfer season wouldn't be a transfer season without rumours of a past players being reunited with Leeds, but according to the Daily Star, Leeds are preparing a double swoop for former players. Fabian Delph and Danny Rose both boast the kind of Premiership experience that the Whites would desperately need, but at the age of 30 (both of them), are their best days behind them?

A combined fee of £10m would get the deal done. Surely, we'd prefer to see Lewis Cook return. The former academy prodigy is still only 23 year old. The York born midfielder has been prone to injury, hence only accumulating 68 appearances in four years. Would any of the three add anything to our squad, or should we be looking for fresh new talent?

Phil Hay - Leeds targeting 4 or 5 new players

Phil Hay has revealed that Leeds will be looking to secure four or five new signings during the Summer. He has claimed that Leeds need a goalscoring forward, along with a centre-back, a left-sided defender and a goalkeeper if Casilla leaves.

Leeds have one eye of Brenfords Ollie Watkins. The 24 year old has netted 26 times this term and has 3 assists to his name. Unfortunately for the Whites, Brentford are in the play off final next Tuesday against Fulham. If the Bees are promoted, they won't want to lose their prized assets. Watkins describes himself as a number 10, trying to base his game on his childhood idol Thierry Henry!

Which 4/5 players first team players that would normally start will have to make way for these new signings.

In other News.......

Ryan Edmondson is being linked to a loan move to Scottish outfit Aberdeen. Is time running out for Edmondson to impress?

German media outlet Kicker reported this week that Leeds are keen on Stuttgart striker Nicolas Gonzalez.Gonzalez. The Star are now reporting that Bielsa is heading an £18m bid to bring the Argentinian to Elland Road.

Speculation is rife that Leeds are trying to sign Benfica's defensive midfielder Florentino Luis on loan to Elland Road with a view to a £25 million permanent deal. Where does this leave Forshaw and Phillips.

Daniel Chapman from the Square Ball and YEP has an interesting analogy regarding Ben White! The 22 year old has joined Kalvin Phillips and Tyler Roberts on a lads holiday to Spain. The closeness White has for the entire Leeds squad will surely make it more difficult fore him to leave.

HarryofOz
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 31st July) Former duo linked to ER return

Post by HarryofOz »

I'd love to get Delph and Rose back, though it's probably just empty talk simply because we're back in the top Division.
A Roman walks into a bar, sticks two fingers in the air and says 'five beers please'.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Morning Folks,

I heard that Podcast.

To be fair to White I am sure he would prefer a week on the Costa del Sol instead of being back home being spyed on by Hectors' bosses nieces' postmans sister-in-law who heard from her hairdresser that Whites cousin overheard Ben on the phone talking to his best mate Kalvin.
'We can wait for the next game with serenity'

'I am quite clear in my mind that one has to feel sincere love for those he leads, and if he doesn't feel it naturally, then he must learn how to feel it' Marcelo Bielsa

'Would he kill his granny to win a match?' Bobby Collins
Byebyegeegee
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Where there’s life there’s hope regarding getting the Ben White deal over the line, if that isn’t possible then, of course he’ll need to be replaced.

I think most of us know that Bamford will not be our main striker next season and I don’t think Roberts is quite there yet either so a new striker will be on the cards. Btw if Marcelo had sanctioned the JKA deal committing us to a massive layout how has it all gone so terribly wrong? I know he’s had a few injuries but he did seem to knuckle down and work hard to achieve the sort of fitness Bielsa demands. Does anyone what has really happened?

We should be looking to strengthen at left back with Dallas remaining as back up.

Meslier has been very good so far and has lots of potential but may have to give way to a more experienced goalie for a season or two, although if we don’t get anyone I, personally, would trust Meslier as our no1.

Delph and/or Rose - noooooooo thank you, let’s move on!
SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 »

Luke Garbutt on a free anyone? At least he is actually left footed and is a good crosser. Very similar to Taylor.
I promise to be positive only for 20/21 :)
DavidH
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DavidH »

Are any players going to sign on the dotted line, until Bielsa makes his future plans clear? Yes it does seem as though we are waiting to see who doesn't get premiership football next year, before we decide who we want to sign.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

DavidH wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:56 am Are any players going to sign on the dotted line, until Bielsa makes his future plans clear? Yes it does seem as though we are waiting to see who doesn't get premiership football next year, before we decide who we want to sign.
You make a good point. Bielsa would need to be tied in for a couple of seasons first.

'I am quite clear in my mind that one has to feel sincere love for those he leads, and if he doesn't feel it naturally, then he must learn how to feel it' Marcelo Bielsa

Fridge
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Fridge »

Morning folks,

I’d be slightly hesitant to spend the money on Rose and Delph. Having said that, if they could be convinced to sign on modest wages and commit to Bielsa’s fitness demands and style of play then I think we could do a lot worse for a combined £10m.

It would be nice to see Cook back at Elland Road but only if Bielsa thinks he can fit into the team. I don’t think we should sign him just because he is one of our own.

I am keen on Watkins, I think it a big ask though as Brentford look the favourites to go up and other clubs will be keen.

Edmonson has had plenty of opportunity to impress. If Bielsa is not going to use him in the Championship then he definitely won’t use him in the Prem, I think a loan deal would be great for him.

Gonzalez looks a good player. The Luis deal looks a very strange one, DM is the least of our worries at the moment.

White has been pictured in the past 24 hours with a couple of Brighton players on holiday. This shows us that he has friends at both clubs, what is important is a) where he wants to play his football next season, b) whether we can meet Brighton’s asking price
DavidH wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:56 am Are any players going to sign on the dotted line, until Bielsa makes his future plans clear?
It seems that Bielsa doesn’t want to sign until he knows we can commit to his transfer targets. I would also imagine that the club don’t want to commit to transfers until they know he will definitely be head coach next season.

^ Looks like we are doing our business on a knife edge at the moment
Side before self, every time

No Patrick Bamford blasphemy allowed
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

Bielsa may buy players to reposition. Luis could end up centre mid, attacking mid or even centre back for us....
This is Tinker and my name is er...Spengford Bloke, some kind of robber or ne'er do well
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:20 am Morning Folks,

I heard that Podcast.

To be fair to White I am sure he would prefer a week on the Costa del Sol instead of being back home being spyed on by Hectors' bosses nieces' postmans sister-in-law who heard from her hairdresser that Whites cousin overheard Ben on the phone talking to his best mate Kalvin.
:rol: :rol: :rol: :rol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Edmondson was suppose to go out on loan last January, a injury halted that move
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ben & Kalvin are massive buddies
Fridge
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Fridge »

Edmondson to Aberdeen now confirmed by both clubs. Loan deal runs until January.

I hope the lad packs his coat...

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

1964white wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:47 pm Ben & Kalvin are massive buddies
Phillips in transfer to Brighton shock. :lol:

Fridge
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Fridge »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:03 pm Phillips in transfer to Brighton shock. :lol:
Have you seen their forum? Some of them would believe that :lol:

John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:03 pm Phillips in transfer to Brighton shock. :lol:
Don't even joke about that.
Leeds1000
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Leeds1000 »

The daily Star is one step down from the daily sport in the believable stakes. If it was me splashing the cash at Leeds, then i would bite your hand of at £10m for a fit & healthy Delph & Rose. Just the type of PL experienced heads we need to bring on the kids. I would go a step further and add Milner too for a small fee. Not sure about Cook, he's a better age, but couldn't help multi-million dollar Bournemouth's escape to victory.

Unfortunately both Delph & Rose have fitness & Health issues it would seem.