Player Profile : Stuart Dallas - Clacton, Radebe, Richard, SG & others to vote

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Player Profile : Stuart Dallas - Clacton, Radebe, Richard, SG & others to vote

Post by 1964white »

2019/20

Stuart Dallas

A starter in our first X1

Retain as a squad player

Thank you very much, sadly time to move on

Loan out to another club

Seasons rating out of ten

Dont forget to give a rating out of 10
lufc1304
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Re: Player Profile : Stuart Dallas

Post by lufc1304 »

Not sure, Stuart has had a very fine season, but I'm not convinced he is Prem standard. I hope he proves me wrong, but I'm not sure. That said, he has held his own on the international stage, so perhaps I'm being harsh on him?

Definitely

No

No

8.5/10, a POTY contender
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Byebyegeegee
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

My player of the year in the MOT poll, but I suspect his playing time next season may be more limited. Fortunately for him he can play a few positions so would be perfect squad player and you can always depend on him giving 100% regardless.

For his performances last year in the championship I would give him a 9/10 but in reality at Premiership level I suspect he may be about 7/10, hope I’m wrong. (Don’t know how you are going to score that).
hector

Post by hector »

I'm in a quandry about Stuart.. He has earned his place to start, but not certain he is good enough for a permanent starting postition..

Deffo keep the bugger he is an excellent versatile sub, and well improved over the last 2 years.
7.5/10
White Riot
First Team
First Team

Post by White Riot »

The thing I like the most about Dallas is his determination to succeed. For me he was the player against Derby in that play-off semi who most epitomised the will to win. For whatever their technical faults, players like Dallas and Ayling have as much driven us on to promotion as the more gifted players like Pablo and White.
Definitely a team player and somebody who always gives 100 %.
White Riot
First Team
First Team

Post by White Riot »

Definitely retain, but mostly as a squad player/sub.
However, due to our small squad I'll predict that due to injuries/suspensions and lack of full/wing back cover he's probably gonna get a number of starts.
He may well rise to the occasion in the Prem as he's shown for us and NI he's not scared of a challenge.
Defo a 9/10 for me over the last season as his performance has epitomised our team spirit and will to win.
He's got fitter and much quicker due to Bielsa and his own perseverance.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

White Riot wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:45 am The thing I like the most about Dallas is his determination to succeed. For me he was the player against Derby in that play-off semi who most epitomised the will to win. For whatever their technical faults, players like Dallas and Ayling have as much driven us on to promotion as the more gifted players like Pablo and White.
Definitely a team player and somebody who always gives 100 %.
Agreed, last season when he was coming back from injury a lot of us complained when Dallas was coming off the bench. We demanded an impact player.

His guts and determination may outweigh his skill but Bielsa sees in him a hardworking journeyman who makes a nuisance of himself all over the place but who also has the ability to drive us on and produce quality.

Preston at home
Brum away
Luton
Hull where he kept Bowen in his pocket.

Big points earned there.

Like all players he has his off days but he will do a job for us next season. Maybe he wont see as many minutes

Squad player.
'We can wait for the next game with serenity'

'I am quite clear in my mind that one has to feel sincere love for those he leads, and if he doesn't feel it naturally, then he must learn how to feel it' Marcelo Bielsa

'Would he kill his granny to win a match?' Bobby Collins
Currie14
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Currie14 »

For any limitations he might have it was glaringly obvious in the 'every LUFC goal 2019/2020' video that given the chance he can really finish, some unflappable strikes both this and last season.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Pretty much what everyone else has said, he was absolute quality this season, playing in around 5 different positions during the season and getting plaudits for each, but that step up in class is vast so not sure if he can give anymore but he definitely deserves his chance.

Starter yes but not sure in what position, possibly left back
Squad player yes as he can play in many positions so gives us that coverage
Seasons rating 8.5/10
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Stuart was an integral part of the defence that conceded fewest goals. People keep saying our full backs can't defend yet we don't get ripped to shreds. Both Ayling and Dallas do their job superbly which is to get forward and also get back into position. Look at Arsenal's back 4 and Winterburn and Dixon were crucial cogs to it yet put them in another defence and they might not have looked as solid. The key to that defence was the familiarity between the 4 of them, they knew their jobs and knew how each other played. People wrote Steven Crainey off when he was left back for us yet he then went on to play for a couple of seasons in the premier league with Blackpool. Similarly I wrote Nigel Worthington (ex Sheff Wed left back) off and was disappointed when Wilko bought him for Leeds. I remember us playing Man Utd and thinking that the likes of Giggs and Kanchelskis would rip him apart as he was slower than a snail riding a clapped out moped yet he was untroubled and we won.

Dallas has been a key part of our team. He has a few goals in him as well which is crucial in this team as we often find different players popping up in shooting positions. He has the energy to get up and down all game and for me will only continue to improve. He not only knows the way Bielsa wants him to play but has the desire and determination to play it fully. For me he deserves to start the season and it is up to others to try to take the shirt from him.

8/10
Senor El Weasel
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

If he is to start in the PL it would be at left back; at least that's where he seemed to be the best fit this past season.

His versatility makes him a definite keeper. With four or five players on your squad who can play multiple positions it's possible to give fifteen players enough playing time to keep everyone happy while also giving sufficient rest and/or covering injuries.

An absolute keeper for me both because of what he can bring to the team, but also for what he has already brought to the team. Players like Dallas, who put side before self every time, need to have their loyalty rewarded. It's not only the right thing for those players, but everyone else on the team notices.
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

Back up for me, a good player who strength is his consistancy. Low ceiling, high floor type player and a definite retain

sell if we're paid well and he wants to move on, no to loaning out

7/10 same as Ayling for me
This is Tinker and my name is er...Spengford Bloke, some kind of robber or ne'er do well
1964white

Post by 1964white »

How many times have I mentioned we looked better defensively when Dallas plays as a wing-back?

Stuart drives us forward & plays some lovely one-twos out of our defence & he has an eye for a goal. This season Dallas has scored one more goal than Roberts & Costa & one less than Klich & Harrison playing from his defensive position.

Start position from the off & see how he copes in the PL

9/10 for me

If someone had ask me to write a complementary review on Dallas two years ago I'd have requested a man in a white coat to take me away :lol:
andrewjohnsmith
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Keep as a squad player. His strength is in his versatility - filling in at either full back position, midfield, or wing. Second strength, very familiar with Bielsa system. I don't see him as the first choice on the team sheet, but I do see him starting a lot of games. We might argue that he's not PL quality, but he'd probably walk into 1/3rd of PL teams. I hope we sign a legitimate left back, but Dallas could definitely be our opening day starter there.

8.5 / 10 - gets extra points for his versaitility
We've been through it all together. And we've had our ups and downs
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:57 am Agreed, last season when he was coming back from injury a lot of us complained when Dallas was coming off the bench. We demanded an impact player.

His guts and determination may outweigh his skill but Bielsa sees in him a hardworking journeyman who makes a nuisance of himself all over the place but who also has the ability to drive us on and produce quality.

Preston at home
Brum away
Luton
Hull where he kept Bowen in his pocket.

Big points earned there.

Like all players he has his off days but he will do a job for us next season. Maybe he wont see as many minutes

Squad player.
Rating score Ian ??
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Currie14 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:31 am For any limitations he might have it was glaringly obvious in the 'every LUFC goal 2019/2020' video that given the chance he can really finish, some unflappable strikes both this and last season.
Starter or squad player plus rating score Currie ?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

John in Louisiana wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:45 pm If he is to start in the PL it would be at left back; at least that's where he seemed to be the best fit this past season.

His versatility makes him a definite keeper. With four or five players on your squad who can play multiple positions it's possible to give fifteen players enough playing time to keep everyone happy while also giving sufficient rest and/or covering injuries.

An absolute keeper for me both because of what he can bring to the team, but also for what he has already brought to the team. Players like Dallas, who put side before self every time, need to have their loyalty rewarded. It's not only the right thing for those players, but everyone else on the team notices.
Rating score John ?
kindestcut
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by kindestcut »

I like Dallas a lot. I love his energy and the versatility he brings to the team. Every side needs a Stuart Dallas or two. But, man, it's hard for me to predict his play in the PL. I do know one thing, Bielsa's fitness regimen has turned these players into a pacey group that can at least keep up at the next level. Having said that, I think Dallas should absolutely be on the team but I don't know if he's a starter. So....

Retain as a squad player

Rating: 8/10
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

8.5/10

Fair play to him, its been a long time coming but finally showed he has the ability to make a difference.

Never let us down and had very few poor games.

That being said.

Not sure where he fits in a Premier league starting 11.

Full back?

Maybe, but Premier league wingers vs a converted winger? Not sure, it rarely works in the long run. He will be asked to do a lot more defending then usual and as has been shown last season, a pacey winger can cause him endless issues (see QPR).

Cm, definitely not.

So squad player for me or sell if we get a good offer.
Currie14
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Currie14 »

Squad Player (Hope we get a better LB or as back up for Ayling at RB).

8/10 rating