Coronavirus.......Tourist Board insist on day trippers to stay away but they still come flocking to the beaches!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Clacton White
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: Coronavirus.......Tourist Board insist on day trippers to stay away but they still come flocking to the beaches!

Post by Clacton White » Fri May 22, 2020 2:40 pm

1964white wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:32 am
Piers absolutely running rings round a top representative who runs our country yet again.

I actually feel sorry for Londoners having to put up with this blubbering idiot as a London mayor :(

Contradictory lies from those who are suppose to be protecting us in these surreal times!
Never been keen on Piers Morgan myself ........but he does make these politicians that go on the programme look blundering , blithering idiots and most have tried a tactic of trying to make out he is interrupting them and deflecting from answering by going on about being interrupted in the hope the question is forgotten . From what I've seen on this programme the people making decisions or answering for them are total imbeciles ............ we got Brexit , BUT , we have to trust this lot to try and run a country when I don't think they could run a car boot stall .

Mrs64
Manager
Manager

Re: Coronavirus.......Tourist Board insist on weekenders to stay away

Post by Mrs64 » Sat May 23, 2020 9:48 am

Chilli D wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:30 am
I tried to move my July Lake District holiday to the same week next year but the company I booked it with, Lakelovers, wouldn't let me.
They told me if I cancelled it I would be liable to the full amount (nearly £1000) if they couldn't get the booking filled.
As it stands at the moment, all UK holidays that are after the 4th of July have to be honoured as per government guidelines but that could change of course.
So at the moment we are still going but hopefully they will give us the option to move it nearer the time.
You should be able to change your holiday dates nearer the time as Leon & I did

Mrs64
Manager
Manager

Re: Coronavirus.......Tourist Board insist on day trippers to stay away but they still come flocking to the beaches!

Post by Mrs64 » Sat May 23, 2020 9:52 am

Clacton White wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:40 pm
Never been keen on Piers Morgan myself ........but he does make these politicians that go on the programme look blundering , blithering idiots and most have tried a tactic of trying to make out he is interrupting them and deflecting from answering by going on about being interrupted in the hope the question is forgotten . From what I've seen on this programme the people making decisions or answering for them are total imbeciles ............ we got Brexit , BUT , we have to trust this lot to try and run a country when I don't think they could run a car boot stall .
Right now I despair with the idiots flooding our holiday spots & the politicians with their lies & contradictory views & behaviour

Chilli D
First Team
First Team

Re: Coronavirus.......Tourist Board insist on weekenders to stay away

Post by Chilli D » Sun May 24, 2020 9:46 am

Mrs64 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:48 am
You should be able to change your holiday dates nearer the time as Leon & I did
That's what we're hoping Mrs 64.

HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz » Tue May 26, 2020 8:57 am

Just seen the great news. Now that it's been given the all clear by your government, I'm popping over to have my eyes tested.
We're going up like there is no gravity!

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white » Tue May 26, 2020 10:15 am

HarryofOz wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 8:57 am
Just seen the great news. Now that it's been given the all clear by your government, I'm popping over to have my eyes tested.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Too right Harry, come & have a jolly following the example of our leaders running the UK

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel » Tue May 26, 2020 11:26 am

I remember last year I was staying at my Dad's in Whitby but had to drive back home later that day, a journey that would take about 2 1/2 hours. I wasn't feeling so good with a bit of a migraine and finding it hard to focus. Didn't occur to me that putting the family in the car and driving 30 miles to a beauty spot about 40 minutes away was the best way of determining in I was fit to drive. Silly me I decided the best bet was to set off home knowing that if it got too bad I could pull over for a while.

I really detest it when people try to be clever and just tell lies and assume everyone else is thick as f*ck. They have simply worked on a b*llsh*t story to try to cover/excuse the things that people know to have happened. In his own words he was going to be driving back on Monday or Tuesday so why would you endanger your family and anyone else on the roads if you thought you might be unsafe to drive? You wouldn't. If you had to drive back on the Monday or the Tuesday you would wait till the Monday or Tuesday to see how you felt, how well your eyes were working and then if you wanted to test yourself you'd drive a couple of miles where you were staying so that if you felt too bad to drive you could try to make it home. If your eyes were bad there is no way you would want to drive 30 miles on country roads.

Sick how he is trying to get sympathy by using his 4 year old child as the excuse. More likely they knew they were going to have to self isolate and simply decided it would be far nicer to be at their family farm where they could lounge around and go outside into the garden and walk around the estate than be cooped up in their London home with a bored 4 year old and not be able to take the child out to parks. If any of us had got symptoms and decided to take our family to stay with/near relatives hundreds of miles away and we got stopped by the police we would have been told to turn around and go home.
Senor El Weasel

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Tue May 26, 2020 12:50 pm

No way I could drive with a migraine ...and I have had them come on while driving long distances. Stop as soon as poss and sleep or close eyes for a while. Longest it took was 6 hours stopped coming back from Bristol to Camberley
I don't like staying at home
When the moon is bleeding red
Woke up stoned in the backseat from a dream where my teeth fell out of my head
Cut it up, cut it up, yeah
Everybody's on something here. My God send chemical best friend. Skeleton whispering in my ear

Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly » Tue May 26, 2020 4:19 pm

weasel wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 11:26 am
I remember last year I was staying at my Dad's in Whitby but had to drive back home later that day, a journey that would take about 2 1/2 hours. I wasn't feeling so good with a bit of a migraine and finding it hard to focus. Didn't occur to me that putting the family in the car and driving 30 miles to a beauty spot about 40 minutes away was the best way of determining in I was fit to drive. Silly me I decided the best bet was to set off home knowing that if it got too bad I could pull over for a while.

I really detest it when people try to be clever and just tell lies and assume everyone else is thick as f*ck. They have simply worked on a b*llsh*t story to try to cover/excuse the things that people know to have happened. In his own words he was going to be driving back on Monday or Tuesday so why would you endanger your family and anyone else on the roads if you thought you might be unsafe to drive? You wouldn't. If you had to drive back on the Monday or the Tuesday you would wait till the Monday or Tuesday to see how you felt, how well your eyes were working and then if you wanted to test yourself you'd drive a couple of miles where you were staying so that if you felt too bad to drive you could try to make it home. If your eyes were bad there is no way you would want to drive 30 miles on country roads.

Sick how he is trying to get sympathy by using his 4 year old child as the excuse. More likely they knew they were going to have to self isolate and simply decided it would be far nicer to be at their family farm where they could lounge around and go outside into the garden and walk around the estate than be cooped up in their London home with a bored 4 year old and not be able to take the child out to parks. If any of us had got symptoms and decided to take our family to stay with/near relatives hundreds of miles away and we got stopped by the police we would have been told to turn around and go home.
Spot on, all of this.

What's interesting is, if you watch his account of the story, the driving to Barnard Castle bit and the "reasons" why are where he really comes unstuck. He is 100% unconvinced of any of it as it's coming out of his mouth. it's quite obvious. Stammering, looking nervous. not able to get the story out properly.
Lying tw*t needs sacking off now.

hector

Post by hector » Tue May 26, 2020 4:40 pm

inconvenient.jpg
inconvenient.jpg (18.43 KiB) Viewed 521 times
I'm often accused of acting like I don't care

It's not an act!!

:) :)

rab_rant
Manager
Manager

Post by rab_rant » Wed May 27, 2020 10:43 am

Did Neil Ferguson's model for Covid19 hit the panic button unnecessarily. He has not had a great record with his predictions.

2001: Ferguson model on foot and mouth disease to cull animals to prevent spread. Cost 10 billion pounds, turned out to be “severly flawed”
2002: Ferguson predicts Mad Cow disease worse case would be 50,000, then 150,000 deaths. Total deaths were 177.
2005: Ferguson claims 200 million could die from bird flu,. Only 282 people died worldwide.
2009: Ferguson claimed swine flu had fatality of 0.3-1.5%, lead to 65,00 deaths in UK. Only 457 people died, death rate of 0.026.
2020: Ferguson models COVID-19, worst case is 2.2. million dead in US, 500,000 in UK. No one reviewed the code or model prior to governments using it to base decisions. So far model proven false.

rab_rant
Manager
Manager

Post by rab_rant » Wed May 27, 2020 10:54 am

professor Gupta from Oxford university questions the Ferguson model.

https://youtu.be/DKh6kJ-RSMI

rab_rant
Manager
Manager

Post by rab_rant » Wed May 27, 2020 10:58 am

silent obedience will destroy us by Vernon Coleman

https://youtu.be/k2NLa3aNUw4

1964white

Post by 1964white » Wed May 27, 2020 11:02 am

Welcome back Rab :tup:

gessa
Superstar
Superstar

Post by gessa » Wed May 27, 2020 11:03 am

Welcome back Rab

rab_rant
Manager
Manager

Post by rab_rant » Wed May 27, 2020 11:24 am

I realise I may be in the anti lockdown camp and my posts may infuriate those who believe in the efficacy of the government's measures.

I will not get involved in debate or rebuttals I will only post contra views and let you decided for yourself if they have any merit.

I took a short sabbatical because of what I perceived to be the unjust treatment of SaraM and thought I would hold off making any comments until football starts again... but I thought to share my no doubt unsavoury view on Covid19,being at heart a contrarian.

I know I am in a minority... but opposing views have to be expressed to perhaps give a balanced picture.

Don't be fearful of thoughts different from your own.

Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf » Wed May 27, 2020 1:55 pm

The scientists have all been arguing amongst themselves since the virus arrived. So following the science is a wobbly path. Ferguson's theories of worst case were discounted long ago, and he hasnt had a platform since being booted out of SAGE for breaking lockdown instructions. We were in trouble as soon as we realised that we couldn't track or trace, and abandoned that path. I am still not confident that we can bring it in with any success in June.

Lockdown was brought in too late, as the virus was already flourishing in March (Thanks Cummings and your herd immunity nonsense). The countries who locked down early like South Korea, Hong Kong, Germany, Denmark, Greece Norway and Finland have come through relatively unscathed, whilst ourselves, China, Russia, Italy, Spain, Belgium, Sweden and the US have been hit hard.

Thanks to the hard work and spirit of the UK public we have got over the first wave, and are on the downward path. There will always be exceptions, and these are widely spread by social media, to give the impression that we are all doing this, which we are not. When this is all over there will be an independent review of all actions taken where the govt will blame the scientists, and hopefully the truth will emerge, and we can plan better for the next pandemic when it arrives.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!

1964white

Post by 1964white » Wed May 27, 2020 2:01 pm

Gandalf wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 1:55 pm
The scientists have all been arguing amongst themselves since the virus arrived. So following the science is a wobbly path. Ferguson's theories of worst case were discounted long ago, and he hasnt had a platform since being booted out of SAGE for breaking lockdown instructions. We were in trouble as soon as we realised that we couldn't track or trace, and abandoned that path. I am still not confident that we can bring it in with any success in June.

Lockdown was brought in too late, as the virus was already flourishing in March (Thanks Cummings and your herd immunity nonsense). The countries who locked down early like South Korea, Hong Kong, Germany, Denmark, Greece Norway and Finland have come through relatively unscathed, whilst ourselves, China, Russia, Italy, Spain, Belgium, Sweden and the US have been hit hard.

Thanks to the hard work and spirit of the UK public we have got over the first wave, and are on the downward path. There will always be exceptions, and these are widely spread by social media, to give the impression that we are all doing this, which we are not. When this is all over there will be an independent review of all actions taken where the govt will blame the scientists, and hopefully the truth will emerge, and we can plan better for the next pandemic when it arrives.
The 64's jury fully agree Gandi :tup:

rab_rant
Manager
Manager

Post by rab_rant » Wed May 27, 2020 3:46 pm

Stats for Finland.
Confirmed
6 692
Recovered
5 100
Deaths

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Wed May 27, 2020 4:16 pm

rab_rant wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 11:24 am
I realise I may be in the anti lockdown camp and my posts may infuriate those who believe in the efficacy of the government's measures.

I will not get involved in debate or rebuttals I will only post contra views and let you decided for yourself if they have any merit.

I took a short sabbatical because of what I perceived to be the unjust treatment of SaraM and thought I would hold off making any comments until football starts again... but I thought to share my no doubt unsavoury view on Covid19,being at heart a contrarian.

I know I am in a minority... but opposing views have to be expressed to perhaps give a balanced picture.

Don't be fearful of thoughts different from your own.
Good to see you posting again, I did pop by your YT site to see if you were still around and well...I made my views clear on the Sara incident at the time, I won't go into them again but it still rankles...
I don't like staying at home
When the moon is bleeding red
Woke up stoned in the backseat from a dream where my teeth fell out of my head
Cut it up, cut it up, yeah
Everybody's on something here. My God send chemical best friend. Skeleton whispering in my ear

Advertisment