County Cricket Championship - DOWN DOWN, DEEPER THAN DOWN.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: County Cricket Championship

Post by The Subhuman »

Great win from Hants, didn't really give Somerset a sniff in the end, gonna be an interesting final.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Amazing end to the final, Lancs fans still moaning apparently. But what a fight back from the boys, Lancs were cruising but got tied down brilliantly by the Hants spinners then Ellis finished it off
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Yes, congrats to Hants. Glad they beat that lot from the other side of th pennines. I watched the Yorks/Lancs game and Yorks seemed to hand it to them in the first few overs of Lancs innings. Might have been a different story had Root, Rashid and Bairstow been playing of course.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:03 am Amazing end to the final, Lancs fans still moaning apparently. But what a fight back from the boys, Lancs were cruising but got tied down brilliantly by the Hants spinners then Ellis finished it off
Why would Lancs be moaning. I've just watched the end of the match, it was what it was.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:13 am Why would Lancs be moaning. I've just watched the end of the match, it was what it was.
For some reason they think a) the second run was completed and b) we didn't have 4 in the circle. Bit rich as they got away with it in our innings at the end..
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Hants also got hosed on the caught behind appeal v their captain, DRS showing an edge, you could hear it plainly yet given not out
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Congratulations to Hampshire (My step-father team, loved his cricket)

Hardly surprising they are doing well in the league & cups as their squad is not decimated by International call-ups
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

York’s/Hants started today…..not saying a word
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:14 am York’s/Hants started today…..not saying a word
Losing interest in county cricket tbh, as Yorks continue to play on an uneven playing field due to the crazy international set-up

Hants will slaughter us, probably be over after three days.

Men v boys
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

1964white wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:36 am Losing interest in county cricket tbh, as Yorks continue to play on an uneven playing field due to the crazy international set-up

Hants will slaughter us, probably be over after three days.

Men v boys
I'm with you 64.
The game at Scarborough starting today will be the first I've missed at Scarborough for over 20 years.. 😥
The ridiculous fixture list, I was there 2 weeks ago for the Surrey game, and the fact that it's basically Yorkshire second team playing.
The good old ECB have done a fine job in killing off the County Championship.. 😡
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Haighy wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:57 am I'm with you 64.
The game at Scarborough starting today will be the first I've missed at Scarborough for over 20 years.. 😥
The ridiculous fixture list, I was there 2 weeks ago for the Surrey game, and the fact that it's basically Yorkshire second team playing.
The good old ECB have done a fine job in killing off the County Championship.. 😡
I declined a lift to Scarborough today (only 20 miles for me), I thought sod that, I want to see our best players play, I can go watch 2nd rate cricket in Driffield for free. I was there last week. Local standard of cricket here is very good.

Oh dear, just checked the score :(

As I posted earlier, men v boys or in Patto case our captain, men v players past the best. I feel sorry for Patto, a great servant leading a depleted team, he must despair.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Think you opted to bat first v maybe the best attack in county cricket. Abbas can be unplayable on a seaming wicket, Abbot just ruthlessly accurate, Barker swings the ball as a left armed. Then all rounder Holland get a few, he’s dangerous. Fuller is our quickest, a wicket taker. Then we have the top class Dawson and his left arm spin and finally Organ a right arm spinner who can do a job. Our excellent leggie Mason Crane can’t get a look in
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

To be honest when KP first signed for Hants I knew he’d hardly play for us. Once you have that central contract you’re not really a county player in anything but name only… Vince and Dawson should both be part of the England set up, Dawson for me a much better Leach, probably on a par as spinners but Dawson could score you a century down the order and he’s key in the field for us… Even when we’re strong the ECB seldom looks our way.
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

6 down.. 🥴😥
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

And raining
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Nice fight back from York’s, we had trouble with Bess last time too
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

Haighy wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:41 am 6 down.. 🥴😥
I think the weather could well play an important role in our survival this season. The squad is depleted and our attack is pretty toothless against most decent sides. We are embedding a lot of our youth and it's a difficult transition for them. The ECB haven't helped our cause either.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:33 am Think you opted to bat first v maybe the best attack in county cricket. Abbas can be unplayable on a seaming wicket, Abbot just ruthlessly accurate, Barker swings the ball as a left armed. Then all rounder Holland get a few, he’s dangerous. Fuller is our quickest, a wicket taker. Then we have the top class Dawson and his left arm spin and finally Organ a right arm spinner who can do a job. Our excellent leggie Mason Crane can’t get a look in
Abbot (South Africa) & Abbas (Pakistan) are both test match bowlers, Fuller is a South African. Seems like a ruthless formidable attack of bowlers.

I believe Hants have an American cricketer in the ranks.

Do Hampshire blood any young players?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:45 pm Nice fight back from York’s, we had trouble with Bess last time too
Hants will make it look easy against our bowlers.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Haighy wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:41 am 6 down.. 🥴😥
This match was over before it started, Haighy.

Scarborough is made for decent experienced batsmen, easy to score 4s & 6s on that short boundary.