Patrick Bamford

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Bongo1874
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Patrick Bamford

Post by Bongo1874 »

Mountain wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:45 pm My favourite player, but if Spurs offer to double his wages, he'd be mad not to take it.

Fans go on about loyalty, but fans are first to turn on players and managers when things go wrong. After scoring the goals that took Leeds up, and established the club as a force in the top flight, he's given incredible service for little cost.
Think he will stay with you mate good striker, but needs competition, very unlucky to not be picked to go to Euros.

Bielsa has done a good job with him to be honest.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:19 pm I love him and would hate to see him leave. He is Leeds.....

Hopfully this is a hypothetical question, but ok, if it came to it how much is Patrick worth? What would you expect another club to pay, how much would you want?
Expect it is hypothetical unless he fancies the move?

But Southampton were expecting about £15mil for Ings who is a far more proven Premier league striker than Paddy (fortunately Villa came in and decided to pay much more much to Southamptons surprise). Ings was almost out of contract to so unfortunately I'd expect at most £20mil if we are lucky given how tight Levy is (the total opposite of Villa's owners who just overpay).

All depends on Paddy though I suppose.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
CanuckMightyWhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CanuckMightyWhite »

Bamford is worth at least what Ings went for, but it’s incredibly late in the window for us to replace him. He is a Bielsa system player and may never be able to replicate his last season output so his stock may be at its highest. Also his output to us is beyond just the goals and assists, so let’s add another 5-10M on top of the 30M for us to even think about it.

He is replaceable but early in the window. Unless we have 2 of Lang, Kent or Cunha ready to come in right away, and also if Gelhardt and or Greenwood is close to playing a 1st team role for a club trying to better their point haul from last year then he can go. I’d rather lose Bamford than KP or Raphinha to be honest, who may also have suitors.

If Levy can play hardball when selling Kane, then he should expect the same from other clubs when poaching their talent.
rondownunder
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by rondownunder »

If Kane is sold and they fail to sign Dusan Vlahovic from Fiorentina, I can see Levy being forced into paying a premium for someone like Bamford. As a striker, these next few years should be his best in terms of goals. I think Paddy copped plenty of early stick and proved many of us wrong, including myself. If he goes for a big money move, I can only wish him the very best. Bamford has been a real gent throughout and last season he turned it on for us. Alas, if it's good business and we need the money, with a heavy heart I would wish him well.
Johnboy1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnboy1965 »

Think it depends whether Kane is sold as to whether Paddy goes to spurs or not.
Would hate to see him go but if he does then we must use the money to strengthen the first team not piss it away on some kids who are never getting anywhere near the first team as has been the case so far.
As per previous posters, if we do need the money then would rather it be Bamford than Phillips. His stock has never been higher and is unlikely that he will be as prolific as last season, especially with the crowds being back as I think he can let the crowd get to him in a negative way when things aren't going well for him.
rondownunder
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by rondownunder »

Johnboy1965 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:09 am Think it depends whether Kane is sold as to whether Paddy goes to spurs or not.
Would hate to see him go but if he does then we must use the money to strengthen the first team not piss it away on some kids who are never getting anywhere near the first team as has been the case so far.
As per previous posters, if we do need the money then would rather it be Bamford than Phillips. His stock has never been higher and is unlikely that he will be as prolific as last season, especially with the crowds being back as I think he can let the crowd get to him in a negative way when things aren't going well for him.
Am actually intrigued to see how our whole team goes back in front of the crowd as at times on the way up to the PL we were shocking at home in front of a vociferous crowd. It's a fair point to raise re. Bamford.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Signs new 5 year contract until 2026
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Excellent news
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

He's earned it, more than most.
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

Good news, that’s all the assets on longer contracts (a bit like new signings in a transfer window😉)
Also, if Spurs do want him it would cost them a lot more .
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

His words....

"There's not been many times in my career I've been as settled as I am now, it was important for me to get this tied down"
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Apart from brass, why would paddy want to go to spurs exactly ?
They too are skint, investment is hard to come by, and they have a chairman who plays very hard ball.
Are they any better than us !!
Financially, they are, just like other so called top 6 sides, when we get moving again we'll shock them all again :ok:
If paddy goes we'll have son in a straight swap :tup:
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Excellent news & well deserved too!

Great ambassador for our club.

Now we can put the 'Paddy going to Spurs' nonsense to bed.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:37 pm Excellent news & well deserved too!

Great ambassador for our club.

Now we can put the 'Paddy going to Spurs' nonsense to bed.
:sleep: :sleep: nite nite

:)
Bongo1874
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bongo1874 »

Bongo1874 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:01 pm Will be very surprised if Bamford doesn't sign a new deal,if he's being honest as a player, without Marcelo he was in the s**t.

Don't see him going to spurs to be backup either, guy will want to be a regular starter, he gets that currently at Leeds, genuinely think you aren't far away from having a squad that can challenge top 6, 2 top signings and you are there, the only thing is Marcelo doesn't like having a large squad, but he may have to think about that if you get into Europa league etc 👍.
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:04 pm :sleep: :sleep: nite nite

:)
Bit early for bed, was thinking about going for a pint. 🙂
There Is Only One United.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Very good news.

All he ever does is work his tail off. I've never seen a striker cover as much of the pitch as Paddy does.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

John in Louisiana wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:06 pm Very good news.

All he ever does is work his tail off. I've never seen a striker cover as much of the pitch as Paddy does.
Jon Parkin's arse?
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Mountain wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:07 pm Jon Parkin's arse?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

billysboots wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:46 pm Bit early for bed, was thinking about going for a pint. 🙂
:roflmao: