Kalvin Phillips

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Kalvin Phillips.- £42mil Man City deal close

Post by faaip »

White Riot wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:37 pm Yep, it's like needing to go for a shite and remembering you've got hemorrhoids :cry:
Marsch will be the key voice in all incomings, Orta will have nothing to do with outgoings.
PRO Leeds ... Are You?

THE LAST REMAINING ORTA/RADS FAN
mentalcase
Manager
Manager

Post by mentalcase »

White Riot wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:42 pm I fooking hope not MC :x

City have had our pants down imo, but you do make some fair points about KP mate :tup:

Imagine if you'd given Orta 101 million squid and said "Get some quality in Victor lad", would you be happy if he landed up with JKA, Llorente, Rodders, James and Firpo?

Cos I'm not :x
We might have had their pants down if his injuries continue.
The above players you mention need shipping out.
Keep Fighting
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

apparently Roca was not a KP replacement but an "in addition to" and so if we don't see another cdm come in this window it will just be further confirmation of Radz and co speaking :poo:
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

with KP's injuries...he won't be playing 90 mins 2/3 times a week as he was at Leeds...he'll have plenty of time to rest and recover at City due to player rotation and so I can't envisage him having any issues with injuries unless he gets unlucky
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

White Riot wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:42 pm I fooking hope not MC :x

City have had our pants down imo, but you do make some fair points about KP mate :tup:

Imagine if you'd given Orta 101 million squid and said "Get some quality in Victor lad", would you be happy if he landed up with JKA, Llorente, Rodders, James and Firpo?

Cos I'm not :x
For Darko ? That remains to be seen, could be steal of the decade with any luck
PRO Leeds ... Are You?

THE LAST REMAINING ORTA/RADS FAN
Kennyb41
First Team
First Team

Post by Kennyb41 »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:54 pm Interesting take on it Kenny
I've got another for ya Swan.

We've just got what looks like a decent progressive right back, an attacking midfield international and a midfielder in Roca that i will forecast is going to be better than KP (and i've never seen 1 minute of him) + some change out of the 42m we get for KP ;-)

I'll have to wait to pass judgement on those 3 but the grade A class 1 clown could be possibly slowly removing the finger from up his arse.

Time will tell.
A self-confessed lover of Bigots, Walts, Otters and Dandelions.
Young Kennyboy :roflmao:
Must dash.
8-)
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

danhirons wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:02 am I'm with Madron above, weaker manager, lost our two best players - you'd better hope we unearth some absolute gems or we're in for another very difficult season
He’s a different type of manager and given Bielsa’s efforts last year and Marsch helping to save us it’s not necessarily a bad thing. We might have lost raph and Philips but it’s not wise to rely on 2 players as we found out. By the end of the summer the squad will be much stronger all around than it was and that will be thanks to the sales.

Looking forward to who we get next. I’d take sander berge if we can get him for below 20 million.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

At least this KP transfer saga has purged the Marcelo v Marsch debate!

I'll get back under my rock now.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

White Riot wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:08 pm Yep, Grealish will have flashed his EPL winners medal at him and KP will have been like :love:

Championship winner's medal ain't gonna cut it ;-)
Each to their own I guess, I'd be embarrassed to celebrate a trophy I played very little part in winning.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Marsch's win rate without Phillips is 50%.
CanuckMightyWhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by CanuckMightyWhite »

SG90 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:01 pm Marsch's win rate without Phillips is 50%.
I’ll take 19 wins next season mate.
mentalcase
Manager
Manager

Post by mentalcase »

CanuckMightyWhite wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:11 pm I’ll take 19 wins next season mate.
Me too :tup: :-D
Keep Fighting
March712
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by March712 »

SG90 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:55 pm Each to their own I guess, I'd be embarrassed to celebrate a trophy I played very little part in winning.
Look on the bright side though, I guess it is a dilemma you personally are unlikely to have to deal with any time soon... :roll:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

SG90 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:55 pm Each to their own I guess, I'd be embarrassed to celebrate a trophy I played very little part in winning.
I would expect that would not come into consideration for many of the younger generation of players.

KP must have reconciled himself that even if he keeps himself fit he may just be a bit part player at a club of City's standing. Same with Grealish.

KP's no longer in the luxurious position of being guaranteed a first team starting place as long as he's fit.

Leeds have a number of players who have had that luxury for a number of seasons, due to the lack of quality and depth of the squad.

I'm really hoping that's about to change this summer.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

mentalcase wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:16 pm Me too :tup: :-D
After the season we've just had, I would snap your hand off for 19 wins :love:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Lumiukko wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:40 pm At least this KP transfer saga has purged the Marcelo v Marsch debate!

I'll get back under my rock now.
I suspect that particular debate will flame up big style during pre-season :)

It's only dampened down a bit cos we haven't been playing matches lately ;-)

I suspect there's a few knives been sharpened so much that they'll split the proverbial hair in two :)

Can't wait for all that to kick off again, feet up, popcorn and alcohol and enjoy the show :love:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

White Riot wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:28 pm I agree, I just wanted us to get top dollar for him and couldn't care less where he prefers to go and where he ended up as long as we got big bucks.

If he wanted to go to Scum and they were the highest bidder then I would be good with that, and if he wanted to kiss their badge and sing I love Scum then I'm also good with that too.

Good luck to him, but I'm a Leeds supporter not a KP supporter, he's no longer part of us.
The trouble is though that KP knows the Leeds fan base and knows how Alan Smith was treated after going to MU in what was the best deal for the club. KP quite rightly has to think of his family who would still be in the Leeds area and unfortunately there are enough mindless idiots who support Leeds and would make KP's relatives lives a living hell. I reckon that it essentially came down to MC or MU rather than lots of clubs.
Marsching on Together

Jesse Marsch is taking us down under!
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

weasel wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:55 pm The trouble is though that KP knows the Leeds fan base and knows how Alan Smith was treated after going to MU in what was the best deal for the club. KP quite rightly has to think of his family who would still be in the Leeds area and unfortunately there are enough mindless idiots who support Leeds and would make KP's relatives lives a living hell. I reckon that it essentially came down to MC or MU rather than lots of clubs.
Yeah, shame it comes to that.

I don't understand that mentality. Now he's gone we might as well just thank him for his service and wish him all the best. Admittedly, things are still a bit raw and tender at the moment, and I'm not happy with the price. But the deal's done, so no end of gnashing teeth and stamping feet is gonna change anything.

As much as I've loved KP playing for us, he's turned his back on us, so I've zero feelings for him now and just want to cheer the new lads on. But I don't wish KP, or his family any harm, as that would be pathetic and moronic. He's entitled to make his own choices in life and do well for himself and his family, as we all are.
Leeds1000
First Team
First Team

Post by Leeds1000 »

Another one of the crown jewels sold off. Its all about levels and Citeh are miles above the rest in terms of financial power. Newcastle may get there one day. I think if Klopp called it a day tomorrow Liverpool will struggle to keep up i have heard Nunez is on about 150,000 compared with Haaland's maybe 400,000? I think Salah is money orientated so he could well be off who knows. mu just like throwing money to the dogs and who knows where Chelski are these days.

Anyway good luck to KP... i think its a great move personally. He played his best football under Bielsa when we were dominating the ball alot so he should be fine over there. He will probably have doubled his wages over night and be in with a shout of every piece of silverware in the game. What's not to admire.

We now have two Leeds fans at Citeh lets hope they go easy on us next season. When Raph goes massive gaps to fill and fill them we will try...
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:15 pm Another one of the crown jewels sold off. Its all about levels and Citeh are miles above the rest in terms of financial power. Newcastle may get there one day. I think if Klopp called it a day tomorrow Liverpool will struggle to keep up i have heard Nunez is on about 150,000 compared with Haaland's maybe 400,000? I think Salah is money orientated so he could well be off who knows. mu just like throwing money to the dogs and who knows where Chelski are these days.

Anyway good luck to KP... i think its a great move personally. He played his best football under Bielsa when we were dominating the ball alot so he should be fine over there. He will probably have doubled his wages over night and be in with a shout of every piece of silverware in the game. What's not to admire.

We now have two Leeds fans at Citeh lets hope they go easy on us next season. When Raph goes massive gaps to fill and fill them we will try...
Good shout Leeds 1000 :clap:

If he truly has the talent then Pep will further develop KP and his career.

I would implore all true Leeds fans to thank KP for his great service to us, wish him all the best, and please don't have a go at KP and his family. Just let sleeping dogs lie, and remember the lad has tried his guts out for us for many years at a time when we were absolutely shite :clap: