Kalvin Phillips

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Madron
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: Kalvin Phillips.- £42mil Man City deal close

Post by Madron »

faaip wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:33 am More interested in the supposed 5 M for the 18 yr old
It certainly appears slightly odd.
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

Madron wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:43 am It certainly appears slightly odd.
It does, and it's nothing to do with the Phillips sale apparently.
PRO Leeds ... Are You?

THE LAST REMAINING ORTA/RADS FAN
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

WhiteRose wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:57 am Former Manchester United defender Wes Brown admitted he would worry for Leeds United’s survival chances if they were to sell Kalvin Phillips and Raphinha this summer.

Obvious this was the kind of crap ex players and pundits would come out with, such an easy thoughtless statement to make. you would think as people who know the game there would be some consideration given for the fact we had a torrid time with injuries last year and the fact we can bring in replacements to make us a more rounded squad rather than relying on two players.
I'm with Madron above, weaker manager, lost our two best players - you'd better hope we unearth some absolute gems or we're in for another very difficult season
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

It's just hard to take. Leeds fan playing in the PL and an England starter, yet that still isn't enough to keep him. We're getting to the point where every English player is at the top 6, either starting or warming the bench. And the fact we've bended over for them rather than putting up a fight is even worse. Hopefully we never get an England call up again for one of our players.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

faaip wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:33 am More interested in the supposed 5 M for the 18 yr old
Me too. £5m for an u23?! If he's that good he'd be in the first team.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

For me, the biggest take from all this, is we're losing what made the club what it is and that's the academy. With Kalvin gone, we won't have a single regular from the academy, and yet to me, it's seems the hierarchy couldn't give less of a fck about that. The fact they're intent in filling our u23s with other clubs' players says it all.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

danhirons wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:12 am jesus just had a year left on his contract
So that's why they crucified him :duno:

Ruthless these football clubs :shock:
Siqu
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Siqu »

SG90 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:57 am For me, the biggest take from all this, is we're losing what made the club what it is and that's the academy. With Kalvin gone, we won't have a single regular from the academy, and yet to me, it's seems the hierarchy couldn't give less of a fck about that. The fact they're intent in filling our u23s with other clubs' players says it all.
Agreed. As a local leeds lad it meant a huge deal when kalvin burst through via bielsa and stormed the england team.
Or when he publicly said he wouldnt go to man u as he understood the club rivalry etc...maybe im old fashioned but that loyalty meant a lot. At this rate the murals around town will newd covering up quicker than theyre done!

Bielsa goes and in came marsch
Kalvin goes and In his place 10m roca??
Similarly when alioski went we get firpo
White loan ends and we put in koch
Roofe goes we land augustin

Just got a bad feeling were in real damger of replacing class with trash
Madron
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Madron »

SG90 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:52 am Me too. £5m for an u23?! If he's that good he'd be in the first team.
If he was 20/21 maybe you could understand it a little but he's 18 ffs.
It does beg the question-would we have signed him for £5m if Philips wasn't going to Man C ?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Fabrizio romano seems to think PSG offered more money but KP only wanted to join Man City . . . Selfish
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Good luck to Kalvin, deserves his crack at the big time and owes us nothing but, f**k me, however you dress it up, City have had our pants down here. Cjay called it right, we get all giggly and silly when big clubs come calling. Spuds fans may not like Levi but the man knows how to deal. We don't!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:31 pm Fabrizio romano seems to think PSG offered more money but KP only wanted to join Man City . . . Selfish
selfish?! surely you don't mean that cjay?

You can't blame KP if he doesn't want to move to a different country ffs just to get us a few extra million quid

Ultimately, it should have been for us to demand the same fee as whatever PSG were offering
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

White Riot wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:08 pm So that's why they crucified him :duno:

Ruthless these football clubs :shock:
:roflmao:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

danhirons wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:39 pm selfish?! surely you don't mean that cjay?

You can't blame KP if he doesn't want to move to a different country ffs just to get us a few extra million quid

Ultimately, it should have been for us to demand the same fee as whatever PSG were offering
Nah I don't Dan.

Just really annoyed about the fee.

Haven't calmed down yet.

It's a joke.
Signed

King Cjay

danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

disappointing fee and you have to think that, unless we spend heavily in the rest of the window, and results start badly - the club will be on the backs of radz and orta pretty quickly

hopefully they can pull some rabbits out of the hat

all the best KP - you've done amazingly well and will wish you all the best for the future, leeds through and through and no qualms from me for him wanting to experience something better after the lack of ambition shown by the club

...think Man City is a bad choice for him though and he will become a bit part player but hope that I am wrong!
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:43 pm Nah I don't Dan.

Just really annoyed about the fee.

Haven't calmed down yet.

It's a joke.
:lol: :tup:

same tbh
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Ten times his value.

Wait and see we probably agreed to a huge sell on clause too.

Awful business unless he breaks through soon.

Neither the fee or the link to KP will do this lad any good I reckon.
He brings a whole load of negativity with him which is unfortunate as it isnt his fault.
Last edited by Irish Ian on Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'We can wait for the next game with serenity' Marcelo Bielsa

'Would he kill his granny to win a match?' Bobby Collins

"Anyone need a hug? Jesse Marsch
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

lufc1304 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:37 pm Good luck to Kalvin, deserves his crack at the big time and owes us nothing but, f**k me, however you dress it up, City have had our pants down here. Cjay called it right, we get all giggly and silly when big clubs come calling. Spuds fans may not like Levi but the man knows how to deal. We don't!

We do.

Look at Rodrigo and Firpo and James.

When big clubs come calling Orta and Kinnear go all gooey and probably giggle like school girls as they are shown historical things at those clubs.

By the time the club officials say "so that's £30mil for a nearly 30 year old who doesn't fit your system then".
Orta and Kinnear have forgotten why they are there and just giggle and nod.
Signed

King Cjay

lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:45 pm Thanks :)

We do.

Look at Rodrigo and Firpo and James.

When big clubs come calling Orta and Kinnear go all gooey and probably giggle like school girls as they are shown historical things at those clubs.

By the time the club officials say "so that's £30mil for a nearly 30 year old who doesn't fit your system then".
Orta and Kinnear have forgotten why they are there and just giggle and nod.
Batting their lashes and fanning themselves like a couple of southern belles!!! :lol:
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
onemoreslogan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by onemoreslogan »

Having slept on it I suspect Kalvin had a say in where he was willing to go and Man City was it. I mean, it sounds like he wanted to stay in England and wants to play Champions League football. That tightens the market. Only Citeh have a glaring need at his position among the top PL clubs. So they likely had us over a barrel.

But fair play to Kalvin. He re signed with Leeds after the Championship Derby Debacle, saw us up and his selling price went up with it so I don't feel he owes us any favors. I wish him nothing but the best.

And, as several have already mentioned, with his injuries there's a real possibility he never recaptures the form that won him a place on the England squad.

All that said, it hurts to see him go. I feel his worth to Leeds is more than 42 mil and a punt on an 18 year old.