Mateusz Klich

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Re: Mateusz Klich

Post by rich_leeds64 »

It’s shameful and cowardly how some “fans” take to social media and abuse players sending them DMs and @ etc.

Not just Klich but Roberts and previously Bamford, Bielsa I just don’t understand how some peoples minds work. If the key board warriors made a mistake at work would they expect their colleagues and associates to bombard their social media with abuse and threats??
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

And then we say that what we write has no effect on the players
Johnboy1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnboy1965 »

Yesterday's error notwithstanding I think that Klich is past his sell by date. All players have them, some earlier than others some creep up quicker than others.
I just don't see what he contributes anymore.
He can't defend, can't tackle, offers very little in way of a goal threat and has no pace.
I'm afraid it's time to face facts and say thank you for your service but goodbye.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Love Klich but yes he may have fallen off his personal cliff, it happens to the best of em, sometimes slowly sometimes overnight... A spell in the 23's might help and a sit down chat with MB is on the cards

I stand by my avatar though
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

rich_leeds64 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:30 pm It’s shameful and cowardly how some “fans” take to social media and abuse players sending them DMs and @ etc.

Not just Klich but Roberts and previously Bamford, Bielsa I just don’t understand how some peoples minds work. If the key board warriors made a mistake at work would they expect their colleagues and associates to bombard their social media with abuse and threats??
It's not just football though - social media is full of trolling. Female celebrities for example are often targeted by trolls who make rude and hateful comments about their appearance or offensive sexual comments etc. It's mainly men that tend to do this kind of thing sadly.

There's a lot of toxic masculinity around in this world, though women can sometimes do this kind of thing too. Men are far more likely to be nasty internet trolls though ;

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-men ... ?r=US&IR=T
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Klich is past his best now and not fit for full premier league matches anymore which is a shame, he has been a terrific servant for the club and should be well in credit with the fanbase, certainly shouldn’t be getting abuse regardless of how costly the mistake was. in fact he was instrumental in the build up to joffy’s goal which shows there is still flashes of his old self in there.
Currie14
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Currie14 »

Yep, Roberts got the assist for the goal but Klitch got the assist to the assist. Yes he made a stupid flick of his boot and poleaxed a big cb like he had been shot. Would love to see a bunch of footballers walk down a street to see if any made it to the end without falling over a dozen times.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Maybe he's now an hour player, or a last 30, but he should have so much credit with fans who actually understand football and aren't just after instant gratification based on the last couple of seasons when we've been on a roll. When you read about him, he's obviously an intelligent guy, you can't tell me he didn't know he messed up and you know he'll have apologised to everyone. To then have so called supporters take into him on Twitter to the point he deletes his account makes me ashamed to be a Leeds fan. This is the sort of plastic behaviour you get from scum fans weened on entitlement. All Leeds Aren't We. Apparently not
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

Totally agree regarding the abuse of Klich, it's far too extreme and over the top. I didn't even think it was a penalty to be fair. Rudiger has to be one of the biggest w**kers in the game and an embarrassment to it.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

As upset as we all are, Klich feels far worse about what happened than any of us.

Let's give him our support going forward.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mateusz Klich vs. Burnley:

84% pass accuracy
53 touches
31/37 successful passes :silver:
21/23 final third passes :gold:
9 ball recoveries :gold:
7 chances created :gold:
5 crosses :silver:
4 duels won
3/6 successful long passes
1/1 successful take-on
1 interception
1 assist

Screenshot 2022-01-02 21.15.53.png
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

and one key contribution, he made the third too
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Klich's most influential game of late.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Klitch isn't the worst player we have by a long chalk, I still think he has a lot to offer, good game today.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Back to his best today?

He still has a lot to offer, playing half of last season with a hip injury then getting Covid twice on the back of two seasons without missing a game can't have helped him.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:41 pm Back to his best today?

He still has a lot to offer, playing half of last season with a hip injury then getting Covid twice on the back of two seasons without missing a game can't have helped him.
Great feet for that third goal and we've no idea how badly Covid (think he had it twice) has affected his fitness over the last year. Players get written off way too quickly with most fans living and dying in their opinions based on form and not quality...
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

faaip wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:44 pm Great feet for that third goal and we've no idea how badly Covid (think he had it twice) has affected his fitness over the last year. Players get written off way too quickly with most fans living and dying in their opinions based on form and not quality...
One good performance against a dreadful Burnley side with only one win does not make a summer! Let's see how he gets on against West Ham.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SG90 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:53 am One good performance against a dreadful Burnley side with only one win does not make a summer! Let's see how he gets on against West Ham.
He's done it multiple times in the past for us... not just one time v Burnley
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

faaip wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:54 am He's done it multiple times in the past for us... not just one time v Burnley
I'm on about this season, not 3 years ago.

Too many fans overhyping players after yesterday. There's a reason we only have 4 wins this season.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

But my post was about class not form... He was top class start of last season till he got hit by covid and injury.