Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

Post by The Subhuman »

Welcome both ....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
lufc93
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by lufc93 »

Hi all,

I'm going to come on and say hello, came to sign up today and it said I already had an account... Reset my password and it looks like a 13-year-old me in 2007 signed up :lol:

Clicked on the only posted I commented on back then and it was just as Beckford had signed another 3 year deal by the looks of things, no idea what my point of view was reading it back and my spelling hasn't improved much since then either....

Anyway happy to be back on after a 15 year hiatus :tup:

MOT
Zurich White
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Zurich White »

Hello everyone.
FC Zurich supporter here.

Quick introduction...

I lived in England in the early 70s, as my parents moved there for work, and I went to primary school in Ilford.
Before school my Dad told me I needed an English football team, so we opened the back pages and Leeds were top, so I chose them.
First day at school...
I'm the new kid...

School Bully: oi you, new kid! Who d'you support?
Me: ( happily ) Leeds!
*smack*

My first experience with those cheeky chappies, the 'cockneys'.

A teacher comes out, shouts at everyone to get inside, and so everyone goes into class and sits down.
The teacher says he wants to keep an eye on me, and tells me to sit at the double desk right in front of his desk, where there's a free seat next to a kid who's also giving me the evil eye.

Oh dear, I thought, and sat down.

Luckily I had a cunning plan... I would ask him who his team were first, and then say "me too" and I would be OK.
I sat down and asked him who his team was.

He answered "Leeds"!
The school psychopath was my new best friend!
Thanks Bill! Happy Days!

Sadly Bill moved back to Yorkshire after a couple of years, and we also moved on, but LUFC has stayed with me as my 'English team', and 3rd favourite, after FC Zurich ( birth place, my families team, etc ) and my Wife's team, who I had to adopt, as she adopted my team.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Welcome both, get posting. Try not to fall into the cliche traps
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Duns
Ballboy
Ballboy
Twitter: @DunsDun

Post by Duns »

Hi all.
Thanks for admitting me to your forum. I’m a Scot living in the Leeds area. I admit to being an armchair supporter with more time on my hands now. Very impressed with the civility of debate on this forum.
Thanks again.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Duns wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:18 pm Hi all.
Thanks for admitting me to your forum. I’m a Scot living in the Leeds area. I admit to being an armchair supporter with more time on my hands now. Very impressed with the civility of debate on this forum.
Thanks again.
Welcome to our forum, Duns :tup:
fastduckharryh
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by fastduckharryh »

Have supported Leeds since 1964 when caught my father reading a newspaper. Had never read one before then, our family had just come back from Cyprus after a number of years. Discovering the English Football League was a window opened in my life. My father confessed to supporting Man City, not for me it had to be Leeds United. Simply because they were local to Harrogate, where I was born. That first season was both exciting and disappointing but I was hooked. Saw first Elland Road game around 1968 against Stoke, a 2-0 win. Unfortunately had been dragged down to London in 1966 therefore such pleasures were rare. Being a Leeds fan at school in London was no easy thing. The 1970 Cup Final matches against Chelsea, will stick in my mind for ever as the most disappointing time ever, being surrounded by baying Chelsea fans on both occasions, but didn't deter me. Living in North Wembley at the time of the 72 Cup Final and managing to get a ticket and being able to walk to the match and we won, is a great memory.

Had never supported another team but generally am happy for other Yorkshire clubs to do well, if not beat us.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Welcome to the site SpeedyMallard 🦆
Lufcheidi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @FollowMeAndLUFC

Post by Lufcheidi »

Hi everyone. Heidi Haigh here author & blogger of Follow Me and Leeds United plus I've written 7 more Leeds books. I've been asked to join the group so wanted to introduce myself. I am a female fan who has followed Leeds United for over 50 years and have had the privilege of watching the best team ever under Don Revie. Billy Bremner always was and always will be my hero and I am part of a group of fans involved in getting recognition for Billy in his home town of Raploch, Stirling which is going very well. I am a home and away season ticket holder and take photos of fans at games which are shared via my blog. My new website is getting nearer to going live but if you want to find out more about me my website is www.followmeandleedsunited.co.uk although I've nearly crashed that with the amount of photos I've shared over the years hence requiring a new one! Looking forward to discussing anything about following Leeds United.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Welcome to MOT Heidi. It's fantastic to have you on board!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Lufcheidi wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:30 pm Hi everyone. Heidi Haigh here author & blogger of Follow Me and Leeds United plus I've written 7 more Leeds books. I've been asked to join the group so wanted to introduce myself. I am a female fan who has followed Leeds United for over 50 years and have had the privilege of watching the best team ever under Don Revie. Billy Bremner always was and always will be my hero and I am part of a group of fans involved in getting recognition for Billy in his home town of Raploch, Stirling which is going very well. I am a home and away season ticket holder and take photos of fans at games which are shared via my blog. My new website is getting nearer to going live but if you want to find out more about me my website is www.followmeandleedsunited.co.uk although I've nearly crashed that with the amount of photos I've shared over the years hence requiring a new one! Looking forward to discussing anything about following Leeds United.
Welcome Heidi, great to have you on board.

Looking forward to conversing all that is Leeds United with you & viewing your photos from our games. There are at least four other ladies on MOT to my knowledge, Whiteswan, Becchio Bear, Sara & Mrs 64 although my wife doesn't discuss much football.

Billy was my hero too. As a 10yo I always remember returning home from a game with mum saying "come on boys, bath time" I replied "I'm not getting in there as Billy Bremner ruffled my hair"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Welcome Heidi, I’m the forum outside the box thinker, so best ignored
Lufcheidi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Lufcheidi »

Ellandback1 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:39 pm Welcome to MOT Heidi. It's fantastic to have you on board!
Thank you.
Lufcheidi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Lufcheidi »

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:03 pm Welcome Heidi, great to have you on board.

Looking forward to conversing all that is Leeds United with you & viewing your photos from our games. There are at least four other ladies on MOT to my knowledge, Whiteswan, Becchio Bear, Sara & Mrs 64 although my wife doesn't discuss much football.

Billy was my hero too. As a 10yo I always remember returning home from a game with mum saying "come on boys, bath time" I replied "I'm not getting in there as Billy Bremner ruffled my hair"
Thank you. That sounds like something I would have done lol. Idolising those players and still do to this day.
Lufcheidi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Lufcheidi »

faaip wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:39 pm Welcome Heidi, I’m the forum outside the box thinker, so best ignored
I don't ignore anyone but sometimes I will just read things without commenting. I'm sure you've got plenty of good things to say.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Lufcheidi wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:07 pm I don't ignore anyone but sometimes I will just read things without commenting. I'm sure you've got plenty of good things to say.
So if I tell you I think Orta and Rads are doing an excellent job, I'm a fan of Tyler Roberts, Llorente and Firpo... you can see what I mean.
Lufcheidi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Lufcheidi »

faaip wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:17 pm So if I tell you I think Orta and Rads are doing an excellent job, I'm a fan of Tyler Roberts, Llorente and Firpo... you can see what I mean.
Something tells me that's a tongue in the cheek comment lol
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Lufcheidi wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:26 pm Something tells me that's a tongue in the cheek comment lol
It really isn't... I rate Firpo as an attacking full back, Llorente as an on ball right sided centre defender and I like Roberts as a player and human being, he gets way to much disrespect by 90% of Leeds fans...
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Lufcheidi wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:06 pm Thank you. That sounds like something I would have done lol. Idolising those players and still do to this day.
Memories of that Revie team will live with me until the end of my life, Heidi.

We'll never see the likes of that glorious era again :(

I suppose we can count ourselves lucky to witness such greatness.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Lufcheidi wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:30 pm Hi everyone. Heidi Haigh here author & blogger of Follow Me and Leeds United plus I've written 7 more Leeds books. I've been asked to join the group so wanted to introduce myself. I am a female fan who has followed Leeds United for over 50 years and have had the privilege of watching the best team ever under Don Revie. Billy Bremner always was and always will be my hero and I am part of a group of fans involved in getting recognition for Billy in his home town of Raploch, Stirling which is going very well. I am a home and away season ticket holder and take photos of fans at games which are shared via my blog. My new website is getting nearer to going live but if you want to find out more about me my website is www.followmeandleedsunited.co.uk although I've nearly crashed that with the amount of photos I've shared over the years hence requiring a new one! Looking forward to discussing anything about following Leeds United.

Hi Heidi, welcome to MOT!