Jesus Ferreira

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Jesus Ferreira

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

I wanted to introduce you to Jesus Ferreira. If this player is not currently on Leeds radar he should be. The 21 year old FC Dallas hitman will most likely be the starting Striker for USA in the World Cup. Ahead of four other European based Strikers. He is in his 4th season as a regular for Dallas and has 18 goals and 5 assists so far this season. Born in Columbia, he became a US Citizen at a young age, Ferreira has been capped 13 times for USA with 7 goals. His father David Ferreira was capped 39 times for Columbia and is a former MLS Most Valuable Player award winner with FC Dallas. Jesus is the first "homegrown" academy player to earn a YOUNG DESIGNATED PLAYER contract that pays him $1.5M per year guaranteed.

Here is a nice article from mlssoccer.com.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/jesus-fe ... hose-boxes
Football/Futbol/Soccer
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Re: Jesus Ferreira

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

441C6A7B-3F24-4D36-8D71-282B47E46477.jpeg
441C6A7B-3F24-4D36-8D71-282B47E46477.jpeg (13.84 KiB) Viewed 516 times
Football/Futbol/Soccer
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Morning Paul

He definitely looks a player, perhaps Orta could sign you up for some scouting :tup:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Good pedigree, good attitude, good player. Perhaps another season or 2 in the MLS and he'll be ready for a move.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

I trust Paul more than you know who, Orta will turn him down as being too good and will burn out, like he did with Haaland.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Don’t forget Paul tried to bring in Mr Potato Castellano. He’s bloody useless. I think he smokes weed too. Or sausages or something
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:14 pm Don’t forget Paul tried to bring in Mr Potato Castellano. He’s bloody useless. I think he smokes weed too. Or sausages or something
:lol:
Football/Futbol/Soccer
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

lufc1304 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:12 am Good pedigree, good attitude, good player. Perhaps another season or 2 in the MLS and he'll be ready for a move.
I think another season in MLS to really solidify himself as a top striker in the league would be beneficial to his development. But if, as expected, he is the starting striker for USA and has a good World Cup he could very well be sold in January.

I'm still not convinced he is a Premier League level player. But I have also continuously underestimated Ferreira. His career trajectory looks promising so far. I have no doubt that Jesse Marsch will know all about him.

Anyway, I just wanted to put him on the radar here. As LUFC continue to look for bargain players MLS is a market they should not ignore. There is a lot of young talent here. But trying to figure out which ones can make the jump to Europe is the trick. And unlike say the Dutch league, which I feel is at a similar level overall, there is no European football to showcase the players against better talent from stronger leagues.
Football/Futbol/Soccer