Corberan Sacked

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Corberan Sacked

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Corberan Sacked

Post by SG90 »

And some want him to replace Marsch! :shock:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

He was the great white hope with some of our fans as Bielsa's replacement.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Irrelevant him being sacked so soon into his new club.

In fact his record there is similar to Jesses here.

Two wins, two draws and a loss and he is out the door.

Laughable really.

Last season at Huddersfield is a superb effort and the fact they are relegation fodder without him says it all.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:55 pm Irrelevant him being sacked so soon into his new club.

In fact his record there is similar to Jesses here.

Two wins, two draws and a loss and he is out the door.

Laughable really.

Last season at Huddersfield is a superb effort and the fact they are relegation fodder without him says it all.
Two aren't comparable though.

He was managing Olympiakos who've won 20 odd of the last 30 Greek League titles including the last 3 in a row.

For them his record is poor with them as close to the top as they are the bottom (7 points off both).

Which for a team of there standing in Greece is practically unheard of.

Never got the hype some of our fans had with Corberan.

Presumably it was some idea he would play BielsaBall but Huddersfield played dire hoof ball whenever I watched them.

Be interesting to see where he appears next.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I wonder if Steve Cooper's getting nervous now? 🤔
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:08 pm Two aren't comparable though.

He was managing Olympiakos who've won 20 odd of the last 30 Greek League titles including the last 3 in a row.

For them his record is poor with them as close to the top as they are the bottom (7 points off both).

Which for a team of there standing in Greece is practically unheard of.

Never got the hype some of our fans had with Corberan.

Presumably it was some idea he would play BielsaBall but Huddersfield played dire hoof ball whenever I watched them.

Be interesting to see where he appears next.
Seven games out of thiry eight is no way enough time to allow a manager to make an impact.

It smacks of the panic setting in across the board by over leveraged clubs
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:26 pm Seven games out of thiry eight is no way enough time to allow a manager to make an impact.

He's ploughed all his money into Forest though. Can't imagine Olympiacos fans are too happy about that, and Forest fans unhappy he still owes Olympiacos. These multi club arrangements never work out.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:26 pm Seven games out of thiry eight is no way enough time to allow a manager to make an impact.

Perhaps not.

But he has actually been in charge of 11 games winning only 2.

In that time he has failed to beat a Slovakian team twice, a Cyprus team twice (needing pens both times to get through those Europa League qualifiers. And the two teams who finished 9th and 10th last season respectively took points off them to with 0 wins.

They are bottom of there Europa League group having got through last season.

Whether he has had enough time is debatable but he hasn't done well at all in the time he has had.

Plenty of managers get sacked for 2 wins in 11.

And based on the history of Olympiakos he would have been expected to do better.

It's like when Moyes was at Manure.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:34 pm He's ploughed all his money into Forest though. Can't imagine Olympiacos fans are too happy about that, and Forest fans unhappy he still owes Olympiacos. These multi club arrangements never work out.
Tbf in the time he has owned Olympiakos they have won 10 League titles and 3 Greek Cups.

Forest have won promotion.

Can't imagine either fanbase is to unhappy.
Signed

King Cjay

Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

You can read absolutely nothing into this re Corberan and in my eyes it does him no harm.

If you're going to be your own man and stick by the principles and style you want your team to play, then good on him.

I'll use Arteta for example, it's taken him a while to get Arsenal towards top gear, but he's slowly and correctly getting there, and without the prima donna types Abameyang etc.

He stuck to his guns and thankfully had owners that either trusted him or understood his plan.

He's got HIS TEAM of players playing how he's asking them to, a couple of cracking signings and he spotted on arrival the players and youth he felt he could work with.

I think i'm right in saying, in his first few weeks and months some fans couldn't see his vision and as per start calling for his head as they were near the bottom.

Their mouths will be shut now.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kennyb41 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:47 am You can read absolutely nothing into this re Corberan and in my eyes it does him no harm.

If you're going to be your own man and stick by the principles and style you want your team to play, then good on him.

I'll use Arteta for example, it's taken him a while to get Arsenal towards top gear, but he's slowly and correctly getting there, and without the prima donna types Abameyang etc.

He stuck to his guns and thankfully had owners that either trusted him or understood his plan.

He's got HIS TEAM of players playing how he's asking them to, a couple of cracking signings and he spotted on arrival the players and youth he felt he could work with.

I think i'm right in saying, in his first few weeks and months some fans couldn't see his vision and as per start calling for his head as they were near the bottom.

Their mouths will be shut now.
Excellent post, Kennyboy :tup:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

This Marinakis bloke is accused of match fixing, drug smuggling and planting a bomb at a ref's house! :shock: And he passed the EFL's fit and proper test :lol:
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

1964white wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:25 am Excellent post, Kennyboy :tup:
I know.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Olympiakos - a dogshit team in a corrupt dogshit league.
They did you a favour Carlos my old son.
You will have no trouble getting another job.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

SG90 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:06 am This Marinakis bloke is accused of match fixing, drug smuggling and planting a bomb at a ref's house! :shock: And he passed the EFL's fit and proper test :lol:
Well let's face it.
That third one has passed through most of our minds 🤣
'
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:04 am Well let's face it.
That third one has passed through most of our minds 🤣
:lol:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Thank god it won't be Carlos when Marsch goes.
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:40 pm
Thank god it won't be Carlos when Marsch goes.
Would be too soon for CC here and a huge risk (though would have him over JM). Did excellently with Huddersfield though and will be interesting to see how he does at WBA.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

I'm interested yeah, he'll need time, time we don't have. I think he'll get there though if all goes well with players adapting and board backing him.

;@)