Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 Review.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Chelsea Thread - Tuchel out - Potter in ?

Post by Cjay »

Graham Potter is expected to be announced as the new Chelsea manager later today.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Cjay wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:26 pm Graham Potter is expected to be announced as the new Chelsea manager later today.
Well, good luck to him, he'll need it!
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Where’s the next Brighton manager betting. A cracking bunch of lads for the next one in
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

I think Potter would be crazy taking this job , but he would want to text himself at that level .I think most get around 18 months with Chelsea so don't expect it to last regardless of any success .10 th is success at Brighton , 4th is failure at Chelscum .....easy as that . He might get the job , he won't be there in two years .
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Knutsen & Cooper share favouritism for the soon to be vacant Brighton position
Tighthead
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Tighthead »

Clacton White wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:45 pm I think Potter would be crazy taking this job , but he would want to text himself at that level .I think most get around 18 months with Chelsea so don't expect it to last regardless of any success .10 th is success at Brighton , 4th is failure at Chelscum .....easy as that . He might get the job , he won't be there in two years .
No he may be the next England manager.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Tighthead wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:48 pm No he may be the next England manager.
I’ll have everything I have on Eddie Howe being next England boss @ 10/1
Tighthead
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Tighthead »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:50 pm I’ll have everything I have on Eddie Howe being next England boss @ 10/1
Dont tell the Saudis.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Tighthead wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:35 pm Dont tell the Saudis.
I think they could pay more than England ever could .Anyway , England will go for the biggest 'yes' man .Who is the biggest yes man right now ? Could be Wankhard as his time at Everton must be perilously close to ending .England don't ever seem to go for the best manager , they always seem to want the best yes man . Also have to be woke these days too it would seem .
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Potter confirmed
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Chelsea Thread - Blues appoint Potter....

Post by SG90 »

Sounds like the new owner just wanted a yes man in. Win-win for Potter, he gets experience at the top level, a huge payoff, and will walk into another job with his reputation intact.

The Chelski owner is clueless about football. Fingers crossed he can be their version of the Glazers! :)
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:35 pm Where’s the next Brighton manager betting. A cracking bunch of lads for the next one in
They've asked for permission to speak to Russell Martin and Nathan Jones! :shock: Neither are PL level imo, so let's hope they hire one!
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

SG90 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:36 am They've asked for permission to speak to Russell Martin and Nathan Jones! :shock: Neither are PL level imo, so let's hope they hire one!
Are Swansea a feeder club for PL managers or what.
My Swans mate said they were all getting peeved with his tippy tappy footy. Swansalona they called them.
Is that good for Brighton 🤔
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Tighthead wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:48 pm No he may be the next England manager.
Chelscum could get Southgate .They deserve each other .
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

It’s a shame he’s gone there as it’s difficult to hate Potter. Maybe that will change with association unlike Tuchal who I’d didn’t like, personality wise, right from the start.

Don’t blame him taking it because it’s a rare chance for a British manager to get a pop at a top six club.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

That idiot who now owns Chelsea has come up with a brainwave to have North v South games in the Premier League. Kliperty Klop is not amused and has come out and extracted the Michael :lol:
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:33 pm Well, good luck to him, he'll need it!
I can't wish anyone good luck with Chelscum .I hope they all fail , whoever it is . Potter may well be a nice bloke , decent manager .....but it Chelscum so it doesn't count .
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

VinnysTattoo wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:40 am It’s a shame he’s gone there as it’s difficult to hate Potter. Maybe that will change with association unlike Tuchal who I’d didn’t like, personality wise, right from the start.

Don’t blame him taking it because it’s a rare chance for a British manager to get a pop at a top six club.
Hopefully he will be out of his depth , get sacked and become a nice chap once again .While he is there he is the evil one 😁.
Anyway the world class managers last about 18 months on average there , so what chance has Potter got ?It will be Everton next for him , or England .....as those are another two out of their depth manager wise.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Clacton White wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:17 pm I can't wish anyone good luck with Chelscum .I hope they all fail , whoever it is . Potter may well be a nice bloke , decent manager .....but it Chelscum so it doesn't count .
It was tongue in cheek :roll:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Smart finish from Sterling

Poor defensive play from Chelsea conceding the equaliser.