Player Ratings v Brighton (a)

Predict the scores...if you can!

- LUFC Match Predictions
- Predict Six
- FA Cup Predictions

Plenty to choose from - dip in and have a go - all MOT members welcome. Just for fun.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Player Ratings v Brighton (a)

Post by 1964white »

Meslier
Kristensen
Llorente
Koch
Struijk
Roca
Adams
Harrison
Aaronson
James
Rodrigo
subs
Klich
Sinisterra
Forshaw
Gelhardt
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Player Ratings v Brighton (a)

Post by Leeds1000 »

Meslier 7: Made a world class save to keep the scores level. What was he thinking with that pass across the backline.
Kristensen 6: Poor first half Brighton got in behind on a few occasions. Its a difficult job fullback up against good players and Trossard had his number. And when they push up we are vulnerable on the transition at the back.
Llorente 5: Was awful first 30mins.... kept bypassing the midfield kicking it out of play. Improved second half.
Koch 8: Our best defender again.
Struijk 6: Silly booking early on got skinned down his side aswell first half. Like the rest of the team improved after the break.
Roca 7: I thought he was the only player who had any control first half despite one suicide pass. That cross volley pass was a cracker.
Adams 7: Busy and industrious as ever just not quite as much control for the team today.
Harrison 4: The old Harrison back to haunt us.
Aaronson 7: His dribbling was brilliant second half but like the rest of the team no end product to show when we needed it most.
James 5: I appreciate he works hard but just doesn't have enough memorable moments in a game for me. Frank will be in on tuesday i think?
Rodrigo 3: Poor game. Someone tell me how a professional player doesn't pick his head up when put through and just passes to the keeper. He had nothing to work with first half so he started to drop deeper i hope Marsch tells him not to bother on Tuesday.

subs
Klich 7: Another great cameo from Klich. Its just difficult to fit him in at the start.
Sinisterra 7: Looked lively when he came on. Nearly scored sliding in at the back post and almost broke his leg in the process. Was central which surprised me but it seemed to work. Played a few ball in behind. His knocking on the door now.
Forshaw 6: Safe pair of hands.
Gelhardt 7: More impact in 10 mins than some players over 90. Should have been used earlier. One shot that smashed their defender in the face....
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:36 pm Meslier 7: Made a world class save to keep the scores level. What was he thinking with that pass across the backline.
Kristensen 6: Poor first half Brighton got in behind on a few occasions. Its a difficult job fullback up against good players and Trossard had his number. And when they push up we are vulnerable on the transition at the back.
Llorente 5: Was awful first 30mins.... kept bypassing the midfield kicking it out of play. Improved second half.
Koch 8: Our best defender again.
Struijk 6: Silly booking early on got skinned down his side aswell first half. Like the rest of the team improved after the break.
Roca 7: I thought he was the only player who had any control first half despite one suicide pass. That cross volley pass was a cracker.
Adams 7: Busy and industrious as ever just not quite as much control for the team today.
Harrison 4: The old Harrison back to haunt us.
Aaronson 7: His dribbling was brilliant second half but like the rest of the team no end product to show when we needed it most.
James 5: I appreciate he works hard but just doesn't have enough memorable moments in a game for me. Frank will be in on tuesday i think?

Rodrigo 3: Poor game. Someone tell me how a professional player doesn't pick his head up when put through and just passes to the keeper. He had nothing to work with first half so he started to drop deeper i hope Marsch tells him not to bother on Tuesday.

subs
Klich 7: Another great cameo from Klich. Its just difficult to fit him in at the start.
Sinisterra 7: Looked lively when he came on. Nearly scored sliding in at the back post and almost broke his leg in the process. Was central which surprised me but it seemed to work. Played a few ball in behind. His knocking on the door now.
Forshaw 6: Safe pair of hands.
Gelhardt 7: More impact in 10 mins than some players over 90. Should have been used earlier. One shot that smashed their defender in the face....
I don't think you are far out with those ratings 1000, I'll persecute myself & watch the match again on LUTV.

Rodrigo, James, Harrison & Llorente displays were worse than my stream :lol:
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

1964white wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:46 pm I don't think you are far out with those ratings 1000, I'll persecute myself & watch the match again on LUTV.

Rodrigo, James, Harrison & Llorente displays were worse than my stream :lol:
A few drinks will be needed to calm you down 64. :) Tbf to the lads they give it a go second half tho.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:51 pm A few drinks will be needed to calm you down 64. :) Tbf to the lads they give it a go second half tho.
No question that they gave it a go, we could quite easily have nicked a draw.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Meslier 8
Made an excellent one-on-one save and tidy all around

Kristensen 7
Solid game defensively. Don't recall any errors and tackling was on point. Arguably his best performance this season.

Llorente 6
Defended soundly for the most part. But having looked great for the first three games was much more chaotic today. Fluffed a clear cut chance and over ran one defensive header. Otherwise did OK - but missing the calmness we'd seen previously

Koch 8
Had a really good game. Was solid against Brighton's dominance and pressure. Made several interceptions and didn't put a foot wrong

Struijk 6
Was just OK defensively. Lack of pace saw him beat a couple of times and cost him a yellow. But no real mistakes to speak of. After promising much going forward in previous games, showed no attacking flair today

(After that Yellow, I was thinking about the Villa game when Bielsa subbed him for Shackleton - I think Marsch could have subbed out a couple of guys who were on yellows as that seemed to take us out of the high press)

Roca 6
He did OK defensively quietly holding his position and helping us keep our shape. But I really think he needs to do more - what happened to those crunching tackles and long range passes we saw preseason?

Adams 6
He was energetic as ever. Covered a lot of ground like he did against Chelsea. But unlike that game he couldn't seem to get a foot in and make an impact

Harrison 5
Showed a few lively moments and a couple of good dribbles early on. Brighton seemed to close in with 3 players really quickly. Drifted away after a promising start

Aaronson 5
Poor game after 3 sparkling performances. None of his passing or free kicks were effective. He got an early yellow card which seemed to take him away from the press too.

James 4
Don't recall James doing much at all today

Rodrigo 4
Passing was off. Shooting was off. We need our leader to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and inspire others. He did neither

subs

Klich 7
Most of our best moments came from Klich on the right side. He was the driving force we'd been lacking. He seemed to be turning things around for us, then Brighton scored against the run of play

Sinisterra 7
Lots of promising runs. I think he has to start. He offers so much more than James

Forshaw 6
Disappointing to see him come on for the more attacking Harrison - the game was crying out for Joffy. He did OK. Was solid and part of a better 2nd half performance, but still failed to deliver anything substantial

Gelhardt 7
A generous 7 given he game into the game late. But he just looked so much more promising and lively than anything we'd seen. When we were crying out for inspiration from our captain and senior number 9. Joffy gave us so much more in 10 minutes than Rodrigo did in 90
Johnboy1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnboy1965 »

Meslier. 8
Kristensen. 6
Llorente. 6
Koch. 8
Struijk. 6
Roca. 7
Adams. 7
Harrison. 4
Aaronson. 7
James. 4
Rodrigo. 3
subs
Klich. 7
Sinisterra. 7
Forshaw. 7
Gelhardt 6
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Meslier 8 One great moment at 0-0, no chance with their goal, apart from one loose pass, a competent display.

Kristensen 5 Had his work cut-out marking the impressive Trossard

Llorente 5 Erratic, as many good bits as the bad bits in his game.

Koch 8 Easily our best defender.

Struijk 7 Caught out of position for their goal, but overall a decent display.

Roca 7 A couple of dodgy moments at the start, but grew into the game, including a couple of sublime passes.

Adams 8 Held us together once again in the middle, biting away at the seagulls when he caught the blighters.

Harrison 4 Just when Jack was showing consistency in his game.......deary me Jack, you're better than this.

Aaronson 8 I thought Brenden was very good again, no protection from the ref as he got clattered a few times.

James 5 Not many bad things in Dan's game, just not involved or produces enough for my liking

Rodrigo 3 The captain let us down, gave the ball away & chose the wrong options on countless occasions.

Subs:

Klich 7 Mateusz produces his best coming on as a sub, settled us down into a rhythm.

Sinisterra 7 Influential when on the ball, should have scored

Forshaw 6 Steady

Gelhardt 7 Produced more effective skills in the short-time he was on the pitch than Rodrigo managed in 90 minutes.

Summary
We wasn't as bad as some made us out to be. We the better side in the second-half. subs made a difference

Difficult to win games when four of five players don't turn up.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Meslier 8 Not at fault for the goal and made a fine save or two.

Kristensen 6 Had his moments both good and bad. Still getting his feet under him in the EPL

Llorente 6 A bit erratic

Struijk 7.5 Growing into the position. He might make a decent left back before he's done.

Roca 7 Solid game

Adams 8 We got a bargain with this guy

Harrison 5 Almost didn't realize he was in the lineup

Aaronson 8 See Adams. the yellow he was given was absurd.

James 5 In the immortal words of the Bard, sound and fury signifying nothing

Rodrigo 4 A right stinker of a game

Subs:

Klich 7 Looking to be a super sub. Another good performance

Sinisterra 7 He's going to be very, very good, I think

Forshaw 6 Understand why Harrison came off, but we needed offense at the time. Still, did a creditable job

Gelhardt 7 Maybe time for him to start?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

John in Louisiana wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:40 pm Meslier 8 Not at fault for the goal and made a fine save or two.

Kristensen 6 Had his moments both good and bad. Still getting his feet under him in the EPL

Llorente 6 A bit erratic

Struijk 7.5 Growing into the position. He might make a decent left back before he's done.

Roca 7 Solid game

Adams 8 We got a bargain with this guy

Harrison 5 Almost didn't realize he was in the lineup

Aaronson 8 See Adams. the yellow he was given was absurd.

James 5 In the immortal words of the Bard, sound and fury signifying nothing

Rodrigo 4 A right stinker of a game

Subs:

Klich 7 Looking to be a super sub. Another good performance

Sinisterra 7 He's going to be very, very good, I think

Forshaw 6 Understand why Harrison came off, but we needed offense at the time. Still, did a creditable job

Gelhardt 7 Maybe time for him to start?
Similar ratings from both of us, John :tup:
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

1964white wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:50 pm Similar ratings from both of us, John :tup:
Great minds think alike, I suppose.

Didn't think we were as bad as the majority did. We defended pretty well and had a few opportunities, especially in the second half.

Unfortunately, Brighton had a bit to say about the outcome and they are a very good side this year. Unlike Scum II, they did not walk on to the pitch and expect an easy time of it. We certainly didn't catch them by surprise.

We were hurt by inconsistent refereeing and they handled our pressure very well, in part because two of our attacking players had absolute stinkers. Pressure from Harrison and Rodrigo was almost nonexistent. All of that contributed to Aaronson having a very frustrating day.

We'll be better on Tuesday. I won't get to watch the game live because of work, so I'll catch the replay later.

After four games we're on a pace for 65 points. Early days, to be sure, but we'll know a lot more about the sort of club we have by this time next week. The next two game will tell us a lot.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

John in Louisiana wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:23 pm Great minds think alike, I suppose.

Didn't think we were as bad as the majority did. We defended pretty well and had a few opportunities, especially in the second half.

Unfortunately, Brighton had a bit to say about the outcome and they are a very good side this year. Unlike Scum II, they did not walk on to the pitch and expect an easy time of it. We certainly didn't catch them by surprise.

We were hurt by inconsistent refereeing and they handled our pressure very well, in part because two of our attacking players had absolute stinkers. Pressure from Harrison and Rodrigo was almost nonexistent. All of that contributed to Aaronson having a very frustrating day.

We'll be better on Tuesday. I won't get to watch the game live because of work, so I'll catch the replay later.

After four games we're on a pace for 65 points. Early days, to be sure, but we'll know a lot more about the sort of club we have by this time next week. The next two game will tell us a lot.
As I posted on another thread John, it's all doom & gloom when we lose a football match, in this case 1-0 away to a decent team managed very well by Graham Potter.

We won't go through the season undefeated, we'll lose a fair share of our games, there again we'll have more days like the Chelsea experience, hopefully.

Our performances were far worse than this game last season.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

1964white wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:51 pm

Our performances were far worse than this game last season.
That's the most important thing. We're a better side than we were last year by a wide margin.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Top 3

:gold: Koch
:silver: Meslier
:bronze: Adams