3 days to Southampton - Current Match day squad

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
velo
Manager
Manager

Re: 7 days to Wolves - Current Match day squad

Post by velo »

Once again we have failed to plan ahead, we are relying on the youngsters coming good, I fear we will soon be fighting a relegation battle
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

velo wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:20 pm Once again we have failed to plan ahead, we are relying on the youngsters coming good, I fear we will soon be fighting a relegation battle
1. Exactly what youngsters are for or just why bother
2. We've planned very well, bringing in 5/6 quality footballers
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

faaip wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:40 pm 1. Exactly what youngsters are for or just why bother
2. We've planned very well, bringing in 5/6 quality footballers
Youngsters are for the future, we all complained when we had so many on the bench last year
As for quality players, I'm still waiting to se what they have to offer , after all you thought Tyler was a quality player, I just don't think we both see eye to eye on quality mate

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

velo wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:00 pm Youngsters are for the future, we all complained when we had so many on the bench last year
As for quality players, I'm still waiting to se what they have to offer , after all you thought Tyler was a quality player, I just don't think we both see eye to eye on quality mate
Tomorrow is the future. I didn't complain btw, I understood we had an injury crisis.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

faaip wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:18 pm Tomorrow is the future. I didn't complain btw, I understood we had an injury crisis.
We are on the same page mate, but different paragraphs

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

velo wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:42 pm We are on the same page mate, but different paragraphs
Not even close, it's different books.
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

faaip wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:12 pm Not even close, it's different books.
:rol: :rol: :rol:

Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Different books? Which books though.
Faaip. Something intelligent and superior. Nabokov? Definitely not Hemingway. Maybe Tolstoy.
Velo. I’m thinking Dandy or maybe the Beano.
Just kidding Velo :)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:34 am Different books? Which books though.
Faaip. Something intelligent and superior. Nabokov? Definitely not Hemingway. Maybe Tolstoy.
Velo. I’m thinking Dandy or maybe the Beano.
Just kidding Velo :)
More likely to be the other way round
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: 5 days to Wolves - Current Match day squad

Post by The Subhuman »

5 days to go, I've put Paddy in for Joffy. I think JM will stick with Paddy even if Joe is fit at least for a while. I'm not a fan of that but we'll see. Llorente and Koch almost certain to start at CB.

Right now I have

Junior Firpo
Luke Ayling
Luis Sinisterra
Liam Cooper
Cody Drameh
Archie Gray
Adam Forshaw
Joe Gelhardt?

as currently injured until I see otherwise, only a vague rumour regarding Joe tbf. Nothing serious and any could get back at any time, (Gelhardt and probably Coop on the bench.) But most should be unavailable for Wolves which may see Costa make the bench. He's decent depth.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Incredible to have so many players injured before the season starts and that's not even including Dallas.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

faaip wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:19 am 5 days to go, I've put Paddy in for Joffy. I think JM will stick with Paddy even if Joe is fit at least for a while. I'm not a fan of that but we'll see. Llorente and Koch almost certain to start at CB.

Right now I have

Junior Firpo
Luke Ayling
Luis Sinisterra
Liam Cooper
Cody Drameh
Archie Gray
Adam Forshaw
Joe Gelhardt?

as currently injured until I see otherwise, only a vague rumour regarding Joe tbf. Nothing serious and any could get back at any time, (Gelhardt and probably Coop on the bench.) But most should be unavailable for Wolves which may see Costa make the bench. He's decent depth.
That’s a lot of injuries to start the season with! I can’t believe Costa is still a Leeds player - well actually I can because nobody is going to pay good money for him. He’s not in my reckoning at all and I think we just need to get rid even if it means taking a big hit on him.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'm perfectly fine with Costa being here, he's a touch lightweight and inconsistent but he can change a game with a moment of brilliance. 2 MOTM's first season back IIRC, key in the promotion season, can score great goals and always likely to get an assist... likely is the wrong word but the best I can do at the moment..
Last edited by The Subhuman on Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

On the same note as "Can't believe Costa is still a Leeds player"

Players who might be leaving ...

Costa
Poveda
Klich
Bogusz
McCalmont
Bate
Jenkins
Drameh
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

anyone know where dan james was yesterday? not in the squad but also not heard anything about him being injured...
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

danhirons wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:55 am anyone know where dan james was yesterday? not in the squad but also not heard anything about him being injured...
Dan is suspended for our opening game v Wolves.

He may have featured in the behind close doors match v Man City on Saturday.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:53 am On the same note as "Can't believe Costa is still a Leeds player"

Players who might be leaving ...

Costa
Poveda
Klich
Bogusz
McCalmont
Bate
Jenkins
Drameh
Only Drameh has a chance of making the first team should Kristensen pick-up an injury, especially with Dallas & Ayling unavailble.

As for rest, I doubt they'll make our bench, Klich if he stays.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:52 am I'm perfectly fine with Costa being here, he's a touch lightweight and inconsistent but he can change a game with a moment of brilliance. 2 MOTM's first season back IIRC, key in the promotion season, can score great goals and always likely to get an assist... likely is the wrong word but the best I can do at the moment..
I really can't see Costa getting much game time, he'll struggle to make the bench

He's still at Leeds because he didn't impress on loan elsewhere.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

1964white wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:09 am Dan is suspended for our opening game v Wolves.

He may have featured in the behind close doors match v Man City on Saturday.
Ah, perfect thanks! Forgot about this
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

faaip wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:52 am I'm perfectly fine with Costa being here, he's a touch lightweight and inconsistent but he can change a game with a moment of brilliance. 2 MOTM's first season back IIRC, key in the promotion season, can score great goals and always likely to get an assist... likely is the wrong word but the best I can do at the moment..
Completely agree with this, experienced player, has flashes of brilliance and isn’t the worst option we could have. Fans need to give him a chance again but I suspect there will be groans if he comes on - also wouldn’t be bothered if he left but whilst he is here and being paid he should at least be considered for the bench.