Kalvin Phillips

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Kalvin Phillips.- Medical tomorrow (Friday 1st July)

Post by Kennyb41 »

Broad Ford wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:33 pm I'm shocked at the agreed fee and thought KP could be prized away from LUFC for around 70M. The citizens will be laughing at the price tag and at LUFC should Kalvin hit the ground running both domestically and in the CL. A friendly Man Utd fan remarked that Man C would rather have Kalvin warming their subs bench than have him in the oppositions ranks.

I've got this sickly feeling that if Raphinha is also sold that'll be 2 huge positions in D midfield and attack that are going to have to be filled at the first time of asking. This sickly feeling tells me that if LUFC get it wrong it could be very costly, but then what do my guts know about running an English Premier League first team?
Worry about nothing.

Kp and Raph's best position mean nothing to the dick formation.

100m is best to us.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

I have absolutely no idea which players we currently have that can play dick.

Apparently 2 of our new signings are familiar with it.

That leaves about 22 trying to adapt to it.

Roll the dice baby.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Hey 64, how optimistic are you up to now ?

;@)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kennyb41 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:14 pm Hey 64, how optimistic are you up to now ?
I'm sitting on the fence, Kennyb

Right now we are not ready for the new season, hopefully we'll have a good idea where we stand in the next few weeks.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:34 pm I'm sitting on the fence, Kennyb

Right now we are not ready for the new season, hopefully we'll have a good idea where we stand in the next few weeks.
Well....we'd best be quick (few weeks? )....first pre season game is next Thursday.....as I posted on the 'pre season' topic!....7th July game on!.....less than a week away.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:49 am Well....we'd best be quick (few weeks? )....first pre season game is next Thursday.....as I posted on the 'pre season' topic!....7th July game on!.....less than a week away.
I suspect the Blackpool friendly will be for the U23's in the main, with the match being played at York's LNER Stadium.
Lufcste
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Lufcste »

:cry: :rant: :rant:
Attachments
Screenshot (10).png
ALL LEEDS AREN'T WEEEEEEEE
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Re: Kalvin Phillips.- Minto/Cascarino/Talksport discuss KP's move

Post by Mountain »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:56 pm They also confirm the rumours that Kalvin insisted the only club he would join is Manchester City and rejected other clubs.

I really don't like this sorry

Out of perceived loyalty to the club he has allowed Man City to dictate terms to us.

I fully believe we have been offered more money than City did but KP wouldn't take it.

Don't like this at all.
There is nothing to like about it, dealing exclusively with Man City means we were denied the whole open market bidding to drive the price up.

It's an insult to Leeds fans to think we'd be so stupid as to accept a "I'm leaving for the club I want to go to and I'll make shed loads of money...out of loyalty to you".

I hope Cooper puts him into the stand with the first tackle next time we meet City
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Kalvin Phillips.- Minto/Cascarino/Talksport discuss KP's move

Post by Broad Ford »

Mountain wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:14 am There is nothing to like about it, dealing exclusively with Man City means we were denied the whole open market bidding to drive the price up.
Kalvin should have thought about his beloved club, rather than his transformation into an overpaid bench warming bit part citizen. In winter when it's freezing them Manchester benches get very cold indeed Mr Phillips.
Hey you, out there on the road
Always doing what you're told
Can you help me?
Kerrydixon6
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Kerrydixon6 »

Phillips sold us down the river we could of ands should of got more money but he pushed for the move . And he was suppose to be one of our own
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kerrydixon6 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:59 pm Phillips sold us down the river we could of ands should of got more money but he pushed for the move . And he was suppose to be one of our own
Welcome to MOT, Kerry :tup:
Kerrydixon6
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Kerrydixon6 »

Reading some of the items on here we can’t compare grealish move from the vile to Phillis move as at least. The vile got massive money. For a diving loser
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Said it earlier.....his new best mate Grealish whispered the promised land to him.....
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

I wish Kalvin all the best, he served us well, but IMHO he is not the player they think he is, MB made him great ( Kenny will be creaming over this) but I think we have seen the best of him
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

You're damn right he will.

FCking bad business from Leeds though, absolutely dumb as fck, still, beggars can't be choosers.

Bert would never have let it hppen.

;@)
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Kerrydixon6 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:59 pm Phillips sold us down the river we could of ands should of got more money but he pushed for the move . And he was suppose to be one of our own
As much ' one of our own ' as Alan Smith it seems. Money talks in today's game - the days when the likes of the Revie squad were loyal to a club and its supporters are over.

One consolation - Phillips is a totally overrated player who is a pale shadow of how good Declan Rice is. He's also very injury prone - I mean, what use was he last season really ? Even when he came back he played well below par. For me he kind of ambles around and then plays uninspiring short sideways or backward passes most of the time. That's when he's not busy pointing to where other players should pass the ball, to make it look as though he's pulling the strings.

He's way over hyped as an England player. If I watch England play I usually wait in anticipation for him to produce somethng special, but usually it's just the negative passing and his arm typically extended pointing out to other players what to do with the ball.

His best asset to the team is that he is good at shielding the defence - but that's it really. There are players out there who can do that job just as well, and maybe offer something going forward as well, like Rice does.
Last edited by CHAPELALLMAN on Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:38 am, edited 7 times in total.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Now now guys, don't be jumping all over my bandwagon, hindsight n all that malarkey.

It's the best move for him and Pep will have definitely spoken to Bert, he gotta go 4-1-4-1 or 4-1-5 though, 4-3-3 it might look like on paper, but it'll be 4-1-5 on the pitch.

;@)
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

Thought there might have been an announcement by now,maybe he's failed the medical 😏
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:33 am As much ' one of our own ' as Alan Smith it seems. Money talks in today's game - the days when the likes of the Revie squad were loyal to a club and its supporters are over.

One consolation - Phillips is a totally overrated player who is a pale shadow of how good Declan Rice is. He's also very injury prone - I mean, what use was he last season really ? Even when he came back he played well below par. For me he kind of ambles around and then plays uninspiring short sideways or backward passes most of the time. That's when he's not busy pointing to where other players should pass the ball, to make it look as though he's pulling the strings.

He's way over hyped as an England player. If I watch England play I usually wait in anticipation for him to produce somethng special, but usually it's just the negative passing and his arm typically extended pointing out to other players what to do with the ball.

His best asset to the team is that he is good at shielding the defence - but that's it really. There are players out there who can do that job just as well, and maybe offer something going forward as well, like Rice does.
You may be right here. I think I overrated KP tbh. He has the ability to be a really top player but does he use 100% of that ability. Probably not. MB maybe got the best of him, perhaps Pep can finish the job.
If he has failed his medical it’s probably because he tripped over his wallet on the way out of ER. Like Harry Kewell did back in the day
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:48 am You may be right here. I think I overrated KP tbh. He has the ability to be a really top player but does he use 100% of that ability. Probably not. MB maybe got the best of him, perhaps Pep can finish the job.
If he has failed his medical it’s probably because he tripped over his wallet on the way out of ER. Like Harry Kewell did back in the day
Or maybe some heart palpitations brought on from finding out what his weekly wage is going to be ?