The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 29th June) - Raphinha set for Chelsea move

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 29th June) - Raphinha set for Chelsea move

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:13 pm As a player I've seen him compared to Wayne Rooney, Now obvious differences in personality aside I do agree with that. He's where Wayne was when he played for Everton as a lad, One of the first names on the teamsheet for me and the more he plays the better he gets imo
Very much so :tup:
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 29th June) - Raphinha set for Chelsea move

Post by Irish Ian »

faaip wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:50 am Even most on here it seems wouldn't consider him a starter, for me a more complete player than Paddy right now.... If we get a new striker I'd drop paddy to the bench
I consider him as a starter, he wont have the stamina of a senior but he is well on the way.

He is the most direct forward we currently have at the club and the potential is there for him and Greenwood to forge a brilliant partnership in the seasons ahead
The challenge will be keeping Greenwood involved this season, especially as it looks like we will bring in a striker
'We can wait for the next game with serenity' Marcelo Bielsa

'Would he kill his granny to win a match?' Bobby Collins

"Anyone need a hug? Jesse Marsch
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

Greenwood for me more an AMF, he'll end up a good CMF in the end I think. If he gets the same dead ball confidence he had in the 23's he's going to be gold...
PRO Leeds ... Are You?

THE LAST REMAINING ORTA/RADS FAN
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

I'm also in the camp of Joffy as a starter. He already has a very good goal involvement per minutes and that was without consistent starts/appearances. He has so much in his locker that I don't think he will get found out easily by defenders.

Greenwood not quite on Joffy's level for me, but I do see him getting some decent minutes next season with the 5-sub rule, and he looked like he fitted Marsch's system better than Bielsa's. As Ian said, would be great to see him and Joffy forge a partnership that builds for a few seasons.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Looks like Max Dean will spend next season on loan at Harrogate Town
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:06 pm Looks like Max Dean will spend next season on loan at Harrogate Town
Good move for him that. Still very young so will get valuable competitive minutes and clearly has a good future. I heard a rumour we were bringing in some young striker from Stoke, so I guess the club sees the U23 forward line as Mateo Joseph and the new kid incoming.
Rover
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Rover »

Raph going for £55m means we get less for him and KP than Villa got for Grealish; that answers the emulating Leicester question!!!

Leicester bought some good promising players; I'm not convinced by any of the three we have now. Hopefully, they will all be good signings and the club moves forward. I'm not convinced by Marsch either, he seems to think that he has a magic system in playing 4-2-2-2; it didn't work at Leipzig (they sacked him) and it didn't work for Ragnick either.

Up to now; I'm fearful for the new season. We're apparently struggling to sign our targets, perhaps I'm not the only one that's underwhelmed by our transfer activity.

Orta has been given too much influence for someone that has no history in professional football other than knowing lots of agents. He still can't sell Costa or Roberts ffs.
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

Rover wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:48 pm Raph going for £55m means we get less for him and KP than Villa got for Grealish; that answers the emulating Leicester question!!!

Leicester bought some good promising players; I'm not convinced by any of the three we have now. Hopefully, they will all be good signings and the club moves forward. I'm not convinced by Marsch either, he seems to think that he has a magic system in playing 4-2-2-2; it didn't work at Leipzig (they sacked him) and it didn't work for Ragnick either.

Up to now; I'm fearful for the new season. We're apparently struggling to sign our targets, perhaps I'm not the only one that's underwhelmed by our transfer activity.

Orta has been given too much influence for someone that has no history in professional football other than knowing lots of agents. He still can't sell Costa or Roberts ffs.
Not comparable
PRO Leeds ... Are You?

THE LAST REMAINING ORTA/RADS FAN