Joe Gelhardt

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
William
First Team
First Team

Re: Joe Gelhardt

Post by William »

Overman wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 4:03 pm I doubt very much that's the complete truth and he was on the bench for a number of games. It would be pretty well pointless to have an injured player keeping the bench warm. 🥴
Ha
Marsch OUT

Football has undergone a process of bielsification; pressing and possessing, passing rather than dribbling, intercepting high up the field rather than making last-ditch tackles, are in vogue.

Marcelo Bielsa. The light that will never go out.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Just goes to show Roadrunner was being picked to justify his price tag, not because Joe isn't good enough.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Surprised there's no more injuries after the goal celebration today. The time for that is when we stay up and not before.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

BGwhite wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 4:34 pm Surprised there's no more injuries after the goal celebration today. The time for that is when we stay up and not before.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
:tup:

They've achieved nothing yet.
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

Think Joffy could make a very good partnership with Paddy next season.
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

SG90 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 4:35 pm :tup:

They've achieved nothing yet.
....in either direction
SnifferClarke
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by SnifferClarke »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 3:10 pm
For such a young kid to keep such composure is amazing.

The treatment and lack of use of Gelhardt by Bielsa first and foremost and Marsch secondly has been disgraceful.

Gelhardt would have got us atleast 3 more points had he started more often whilst Bamford was out.

brilliant Joe.

And credit to Llorente and Struijk to.

Joffy's skill is outstanding but also a very good team goal, nice interplay between Greenwood & Harrison ( could bode well for the future) lovely weighted pass from Lllorente, some magic from Joffy and well anticipated by Pascal,( who was level with Llorente when he passed to JG)

and excellent commentary !

Guess who's watched the clip a 100 times :roflmao:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SnifferClarke wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 12:53 pm Joffy's skill is outstanding but also a very good team goal, nice interplay between Greenwood & Harrison ( could bode well for the future) lovely weighted pass from Lllorente, some magic from Joffy and well anticipated by Pascal,( who was level with Llorente when he passed to JG)

and excellent commentary !

Guess who's watched the clip a 100 times :roflmao:
Greenwood looks quality, very clever passer imo and striker of a dead ball. Looks like an 8 to me eventually..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
William
First Team
First Team

Post by William »

If we relegate the only bright spot for me is the possibility of building a team around Joffy, Greenwood, Cressie, Drameh, Dean and a few other younguns.

Apart from Joffy the rest could do with a season in the Championship on loan as it stands now.
Marsch OUT

Football has undergone a process of bielsification; pressing and possessing, passing rather than dribbling, intercepting high up the field rather than making last-ditch tackles, are in vogue.

John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Incredible piece of skill to create the equaliser.

Still amazed even after watching it at least twenty times.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

If that was Messi , folk would be crowing about it for days, JG deserves a run, maybe, just maybe, JM will utilise him more, the kid can do, he just needs a decent run, shame he’s only been used through injuries to others, if we don’t use him, we’ll lose him, teams will be queueing up to take him.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Joffy has now scored a stoppage time winner against Norwich and created a stoppage time winner agains BHA. He has earned two starts under JM to date. And I suspect he will get the nod in London against Brentford. As he should!! I really like this player and can see why so many on here rate him highly. I also think he can be the striker in JM's preferred 4-2-3-1 next season.

DISCLAIMER: Assumes that JM doesn't get the sack....
Football/Futbol/Soccer
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:03 pm Joffy has now scored a stoppage time winner against Norwich and created a stoppage time winner agains BHA. He has earned two starts under JM to date. And I suspect he will get the nod in London against Brentford. As he should!! I really like this player and can see why so many on here rate him highly. I also think he can be the striker in JM's preferred 4-2-3-1 next season.

Not to mention he won an injury time penalty against Wolves, if I remember right (under Bielsa). For me it's criminal if he doesn't play next week against Brentford.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:03 pm Joffy has now scored a stoppage time winner against Norwich and created a stoppage time winner agains BHA. He has earned two starts under JM to date. And I suspect he will get the nod in London against Brentford. As he should!! I really like this player and can see why so many on here rate him highly. I also think he can be the striker in JM's preferred 4-2-3-1 next season.

No Paul, that's why he struggled to break into the team because we play the lone striker, that's not his best role, he needs to be in a front 2 or 3 preferably.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Pretty sure the Kid can do absolutely anything. You see the way he “bundles” the ball into the middle for PS.
I think about him the way you do about MB Kenny.
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Kennyb41 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 2:02 pm No Paul, that's why he struggled to break into the team because we play the lone striker, that's not his best role, he needs to be in a front 2 or 3 preferably.
Well Kenny I'm saying that Joffy "CAN BE" the striker in Marsch's system. The talent is there. You're saying he can't. It's not his best role. Who's the negative Nellie here?? And I would counter your assertion and say that he struggled to get in the team because Bielsa didn't rate him over his other options. Simple as that...
Football/Futbol/Soccer
William
First Team
First Team

Post by William »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 2:20 pm Well Kenny I'm saying that Joffy "CAN BE" the striker in Marsch's system. The talent is there. You're saying he can't. It's not his best role. Who's the negative Nellie here?? And I would counter your assertion and say that he struggled to get in the team because Bielsa didn't rate him over his other options. Simple as that...
I have been tracking this lad since we stole him from Wigan.

Whatever it takes to score goals this fella has it.

Whatever the reason he didn't get the minutes under Bielsa or Jesse ( It has been documented that he has missed a fair bit of training this season due to a frreak injury on his back ) I reckon he is worth playing whatever the formation we go with.

He may not have as much influence as Bamford outside the box but he is as instinctive finisher as we have in 20 years.

He has been a delight to watch these last two seasons for the U23s and I believe could lead the line in the seasons to come.
Marsch OUT

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 2:20 pm Well Kenny I'm saying that Joffy "CAN BE" the striker in Marsch's system. The talent is there. You're saying he can't. It's not his best role. Who's the negative Nellie here?? And I would counter your assertion and say that he struggled to get in the team because Bielsa didn't rate him over his other options. Simple as that...
I think Kenneth was probably refering more to the fact that Gelhardt didn't fit the lone role in the Bielsa system, in a similar way that Nketiah and Roofe didn't either. In a front 2, which Marsch seems to prefer he should fit in better, and possible even if JM plays 1 up front as that role is different now as to how it was under MB.

Even in the U23s it seemed like Gelhardt and Greenwood swapped the 9 and 10 roles quite a lot, quite probably part of the Bielsa learning process to make them better players and also to see which of the 2 fitted the positions better as neither were likely naturally exactly what MB required in those positions.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

William wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 2:28 pm
He has been a delight to watch these last two seasons for the U23s and I believe could lead the line in the seasons to come.
He certainly has, it's not as exciting watching the U23s without Joffy in the line-up.

The only true candidate from the u23s you can safely say is ready to play in the PL on a regular basis.