Third Year Dissertation Project

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Euan
Ballboy
Ballboy

Third Year Dissertation Project

Post by Euan »

Football Research Project
I am involved in a Research Project in the Sociology Department at the University of Leicester. John Williams is my supervisor. I am trying to get responses from football supporters on three key questions. Please could you provide brief explanation behind your reasoning and explanation your answers as this would be much appreciated

1. Have you noticed a decline in overt racism at football grounds, perhaps due to factors like better policing and stewarding and the rise of social media where racism is more anonymous?

2. Do you think the anonymity offered on social media is contributing to spreading abuse? Do you have examples you can point to?
3. Do you believe social media companies do enough to combat racism connected to football online? Is the lack of regulation and policing in these new spheres part of the problem?

Thanks for your response. Your answers will be used anonymously to illustrate our study. Your reply will be taken to provide consent.