LUFC - Podcast of the Week.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Re: LUFC bloggers

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:50 pm The voice of reason from Brownie, who often hits the nail on the head with his well-thought-out views.

David Brown was on the Leeds books for ten years from being a 8yo

Brownie went on to score over 120 goals in his lower league career.

I love watching these three mate 😍
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Re: LUFC blogger - ex LUFC player hits the nail on the head with his well-thought-out views!

Post by White Riot »

Villa preview from Kagey :tup:

https://youtu.be/6t29Ta6Q6AM
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:50 pm The voice of reason from Brownie, who often hits the nail on the head with his well-thought-out views.

David Brown was on the Leeds books for ten years from being a 8yo

Brownie went on to score over 120 goals in his lower league career.

I watched the opening 15 minutes. Nothing that I would say was any more insightful than some of the posters on here. Would say Brown comes accross as more knowledgeable than the other 2 with him having been involved in professional football. Albeit the small island mentality of saying Gerrard is a bigger pull than Bielsa. I think some players, especially midfielders, would want
to learn from Gerrard but others would prefer to learn and become a much better all round player under Bielsa.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:37 pm I watched the opening 15 minutes. Nothing that I would say was any more insightful than some of the posters on here. Would say Brown comes accross as more knowledgeable than the other 2 with him having been involved in professional football. Albeit the small island mentality of saying Gerrard is a bigger pull than Bielsa. I think some players, especially midfielders, would want
to learn from Gerrard but others would prefer to learn and become a much better all round player under Bielsa.
Brownie's comments about the supposedly ten who want to leave LUFC.

"I think it's a generation thing, young players want everything now, rather than stay at Leeds & learn their trade under Bielsa"

"Some people have got well above their station. Does Summerville get above Raphinha NO, Harrison NO, James NO"

"Eight debuts is unheard of, most of them well ahead of schedule"

"This two year cycle promised to these players, it's took BATE only six months to get in the first-team"

"Gelhardt & Cresswell maybe should be knocking on Marcelo's door, though Cresswell will have to wait as Llorente & Struijk are our best CB's"

"One hell of a risk playing our kids when we are 17th in the PL"

On Bielsa

"Look at the likes of Ayling, Cooper, Phillips, Bamford, Dallas, they were nowhere near Premier League players now they are established internationals all down to Bielsa"

"I love Bielsa, he could put Raphinha between the sticks & I wouldn't question his decision" :lol:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:35 pm Brownie's comments about the supposedly ten who want to leave LUFC.

"I think it's a generation thing, young players want everything now, rather than stay at Leeds & learn their trade under Bielsa"

"Some people have got well above their station. Does Summerville get above Raphinha NO, Harrison NO, James NO"

"Eight debuts is unheard of, most of them well ahead of schedule"

"This two year cycle promised to these players, it's took BATE only six months to get in the first-team"

"Gelhardt & Cresswell maybe should be knocking on Marcelo's door, though Cresswell will have to wait as Llorente & Struijk are our best CB's"

"One hell of a risk playing our kids when we are 17th in the PL"

On Bielsa

"Look at the likes of Ayling, Cooper, Phillips, Bamford, Dallas, they were nowhere near Premier League players now they are established internationals all down to Bielsa"

"I love Bielsa, he could put Raphinha between the sticks & I wouldn't question his decision" :lol:
Glad you summarised some of the best bits - there was an awful lot of waffle. Think it is why I prefer the board as I think people make their points quicker as it takes longer to type than talk!

Think he is right about the youth being impatient but that seems to go for fans too who seem to want the young players straight into the first team based on just a few minutes of football and then crucify them when they don't become the world beater that the 5 minute cameo appearance against a tired defence suggested they would be. I think this is the huge risk with players who's main attribute is speed. They start off and they are at their prime, at their fastest, but every little knock they take to their ankles slows them down, bit by bit, until that express pace is no longer the asset it was - different for athletics because someone like Usain Bolt just have to run, he doesn't get kicked every time he appears! Michael Owen was a classic example with his pace non-existent at a threat in his mid 20s - he went from being the striker who would get the ball near the halfway line and tear past a player to becoming a fox in the box striker.

We've seen with Bate he is nowhere near the finished player, such as Conor Gallacher was. You can see why he was so far down the pecking oreder at Chelsea given that Gallacher couldn't even get in their squad. Plenty of talent yet but is he at this moment better than our other midfielders and it is a resounding no. Keep pushing, keep improving and he could be better than them this season or next, but equally this might be as good as he gets no matter how hard he tries. Just look at Robbie Gotts, Alfie McCalmont etc. Looked decent when they got a few minutes in the first team yet are now plying their trade down the league and McCalmont can't even get in the starting line up for Morecambe - despite fans here drooling over the clips of him scoring some cracking goals for Oldham on loan last season.

No ne mention the Raphinha idea to Bielsa, he might just try it! :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:29 pm Glad you summarised some of the best bits - there was an awful lot of waffle. Think it is why I prefer the board as I think people make their points quicker as it takes longer to type than talk!

Think he is right about the youth being impatient but that seems to go for fans too who seem to want the young players straight into the first team based on just a few minutes of football and then crucify them when they don't become the world beater that the 5 minute cameo appearance against a tired defence suggested they would be. I think this is the huge risk with players who's main attribute is speed. They start off and they are at their prime, at their fastest, but every little knock they take to their ankles slows them down, bit by bit, until that express pace is no longer the asset it was - different for athletics because someone like Usain Bolt just have to run, he doesn't get kicked every time he appears! Michael Owen was a classic example with his pace non-existent at a threat in his mid 20s - he went from being the striker who would get the ball near the halfway line and tear past a player to becoming a fox in the box striker.

We've seen with Bate he is nowhere near the finished player, such as Conor Gallacher was. You can see why he was so far down the pecking oreder at Chelsea given that Gallacher couldn't even get in their squad. Plenty of talent yet but is he at this moment better than our other midfielders and it is a resounding no. Keep pushing, keep improving and he could be better than them this season or next, but equally this might be as good as he gets no matter how hard he tries. Just look at Robbie Gotts, Alfie McCalmont etc. Looked decent when they got a few minutes in the first team yet are now plying their trade down the league and McCalmont can't even get in the starting line up for Morecambe - despite fans here drooling over the clips of him scoring some cracking goals for Oldham on loan last season.

No ne mention the Raphinha idea to Bielsa, he might just try it! :)
Brownie regularly offers a different perspective to other bloggers. I like him, always seems a bit nervous on screen, however he does talk a lot of sense. His generation point was spot on imo!

I'd buy him a pint if I encountered him at ER or away matches :beer:

You're right with the comparison of Gallagher to Bate. Connor is much further ahead in his career than young Lewis,
1964white

Re: LUFC blogger - ex LUFC player hits the nail on the head with his well-thought-out views!

Post by 1964white »

1964white

Re: LUFC bloggers -

Post by 1964white »

Catching up with the LUFC blogs post the Everton aftermath

1964white

Re: LUFC bloggers -

Post by 1964white »

1964white

Post by 1964white »

"Have you had a happier 24 seconds & were you still vertical during the celebrations?

Fernandes did it multiple times the little rat

Funniest thing I've seen Fernandes crying on the ground when we scored our 2nd goal

Fernandes is an unbearable player, he's an absolute prick.

Mc Abdominal so many obvious fouls which were yellow card offence

Raphinha shown a yellow card for a reaction. Where were the yellow cards for every foul committed by McTominay & Luke Shaw?

They are a horrible side

Adam Forshaw was brilliant from the first minute to the last minute.

Gelhardt's movement/natural instinctive striker"

1964white

Post by 1964white »

1964white

Post by 1964white »

These guys say it all

White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:10 pm These guys say it all

Just gonna watch The Debrief now Leon, love them three :love:

Thoughts from Connor :tup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_iLwWuuSk4
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

I thought this from Jack from All Leeds TV really sums up how I feel, he looks and sounds absolutely heartbroken at the way this season has unfolded :cry:

1964white

Post by 1964white »

The best 24 seconds of my life, even though I probably caught Covid :lol:

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Bielsa's imminent departure & the Spurs game discussed.

YouTube]UbC6DqZVwmk[/YouTube]
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Bielsa's imminent departure & the Spurs game discussed.

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Great show from the these three guy's

Browny is a legend, hope I meet him at Leicester.

"I use to clean Eddie Lewis's boots, so I'm all for the American fans"

White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:00 am Great show from the these three guy's

Browny is a legend, hope I meet him at Leicester.

"I use to clean Eddie Lewis's boots, so I'm all for the American fans"

Another great show from the lads Leon, I never miss it :clap:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Re: LUFC bloggers - Latest Debrief show a good watch.

Post by White Riot »

Kagey's thoughts on Bielsa leaving.

https://youtu.be/dN0OxloQ53s