How did you find the Marching On Together Forum?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: How did you find the Marching On Together Forum?

Post by 1964white »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:10 pm Might be a good time to remind everyone that it costs money to run the site in terms of hosting, domains and software and time in terms of development and administration work. The site has been funded over the years thanks to generous contributions from our members and more recently from advertising. We appreciate though that not everyone likes the adverts, as such we offer you the opportunity to become a Site Contributor. Contributors will have an ad free experience (provided you are logged in), get a Site Contributor rank on their profile and also get priority access to our competitions and giveaways.

Help make Marching on Together the best Leeds United forum on the internet and take out a subscription today!
I'm subscribed until Sept '22.

Worth every penny :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SaraM wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:27 pm Used to get info from Facebook and Twitter, but don't use those now. Tried to join LUFC Talk first, but their registration process took so long I gave up and joined here instead.

Now it's just a matter of logging in, clicking on the thread I want to read, finding its redirected me the the Bet365 website, deleting that, logging back in, selecting the thread again, and I'm good to go.

Also joined Waccoe whilst on a sabbatical, and have friends there, including one or two renegades from here.
I'm registered on four Leeds forums.

Had a read on two of the sites earlier this week including Talk, both forums have great loyal members, however it seems very quiet on them.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SaraM wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:27 pm Used to get info from Facebook and Twitter, but don't use those now. Tried to join LUFC Talk first, but their registration process took so long I gave up and joined here instead.

Now it's just a matter of logging in, clicking on the thread I want to read, finding its redirected me the the Bet365 website, deleting that, logging back in, selecting the thread again, and I'm good to go.

Also joined Waccoe whilst on a sabbatical, and have friends there, including one or two renegades from here.
Yeah I get the same on the ipad, can't seem to get round it
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

faaip wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:11 am Yeah I get the same on the ipad, can't seem to get round it
It's just this site, and a problem with the Bet365 ad, I think. The problem started when that ad first appeared, anyway. I don't have a problem anywhere else, and numerous discussions with Adam have failed to resolve it. It's nothing to do with the settings on my iPhone, but interesting that you get it on your iPad too. Maybe an incompatibility between MOT software and Apple.

Even being a subscriber doesn't solve it, because the site still regularly logs you out, and then you end up back on Bet365. It's infuriating, and the reason I don't click on here more than once a day. Some may be grateful for that, of course.
Baldbloke
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Baldbloke »

Googled, lurked, registered
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Baldbloke wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:39 pm Googled, lurked, registered
Easy when you know how :lol: