Time-wasting

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Re: Time-wasting

Post by Finnatic »

Prisoner37 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:05 am If referees added on all the time wasting it would upset the advertising schedules on Sky so will never happen.

As suggested before, a two minute minimum before an injured player could come back on. Or even better the total time the player has taken to stop the long, slow route off the pitch. That time could be administrated by the 4th official.

Against Leeds the pre-planned s**thousing works by not only interrupting momentum and quieting the crowd it builds in recovery time from our physical intensity.

I feel that Burley, Wolves and Newcastle should refund me a third of the price of my tickets.
Yesterday was different from the usual time wasting as Newcastle attacked and pressed whenever they could.
As you say, it was the pre-planned “break” every 10 minutes throughout the game as recovery time, in order to last the entire game against our intensity.
I bet other teams start doing it too.
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

1964white wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:18 pm The other problem in football today is there are no ballboys due to covid.

This immediately causes an issue, as when the ball goes out of play, teams likes of Newcastle, Burnley, Villa, etc will take an age to recover the ball. For instance, a goal kick can take out two or three minutes.
Some grounds are using them
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

While i dont condone time wasting in any form but some of these posts must come from a younger generation of fans those of us who can look back Leeds under the Don started and were the kings of time wasting in all forms in fact we did all sorts of tricks so maybe it is coming back to repay us.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:59 pm While i dont condone time wasting in any form but some of these posts must come from a younger generation of fans those of us who can look back Leeds under the Don started and were the kings of time wasting in all forms in fact we did all sorts of tricks so maybe it is coming back to repay us.
Well I'm right out of the Revie-era, with my first game back in the 63/64 season. I know we were hard & cynical however I can't recall our players going down like ninepins every ten minutes, the game was tough then so when Leeds players went down it hurt especially when the likes of Tommy Smith, Dave Mackay, Peter Storey, Chopper Harris, etc clattered the opposition they were genuinely injured, we were no angels as we could dish it out too! Footballers weren't pampered, soft or protected in the 60s/70s as they are now!

The Premier League is a breeding ground for cheating, diving, feigning injury, wasting time & other horrible triats, right now it's totally out of control.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:54 pm Some grounds are using them
Which ones EY?
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

les cocker leaving his bag on the pitch numerous times and having to go back on to fetch it.Bremner often went down but was soon up after les had been on.Big jack belting the ball into the crowd when we had a corner.Don hiding the ball under his seat.Plus many other little tricks they had.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:39 pm les cocker leaving his bag on the pitch numerous times and having to go back on to fetch it.Bremner often went down but was soon up after les had been on.Big jack belting the ball into the crowd when we had a corner.Don hiding the ball under his seat.Plus many other little tricks they had.
Yes they were full of tricks :lol:
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

1964white wrote:

It is about time that new rules were brought in for time-wasting. I reckon Newcastle had pre-planned to break up the game today, by having "injuries" at convenient moments, I reckon at least eight of their players went down injured in an attempt to disrupt our game.

Apart from the fact that the time is rarely added on properly, the bigger effect is to stop any momentum that we were building up. Any player who has a game stopped for an injury, should have a minimum two minutes off the pitch before they can come back. I also think it would be an idea for a throw-in to be taken within 7 seconds, or it should go to the other team. Five minutes of injury time was a complete joke.
Agreed - I also like faaip's take on it.
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

1964white wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:31 pm Which ones EY?
for a start arsenal did today think watford did as aswell
1964white

Post by 1964white »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:14 pm for a start arsenal did today think watford did as aswell
:tup: :tup:
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

First posted December 19th. 2021

"I'm fast becoming a proponent of having an off the field time keeper control the time and stop the clock for injuries, substitutions and when the ball goes out of play. I believe it would look like a new game (for the positive). It would remove all the current antics that all teams are involved in to waste time."
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:59 pm While i dont condone time wasting in any form but some of these posts must come from a younger generation of fans those of us who can look back Leeds under the Don started and were the kings of time wasting in all forms in fact we did all sorts of tricks so maybe it is coming back to repay us.
100% agree young man, in my day we dind'nt appreciate what was happening, now we do, we did it, they did it, now it's much more apparent, everything is highlighted, things change , the back-pass rule for instance killed us, we didn't adapt as sharp as others.
The most annoying thing about now, for me is, we have the technology, we have the scientists, we have the data, the stats, we have every little bit of information we need about every little detail. yet the most important thing is TACTICS.
I won't go any further because it will upset too many wall-flowers.
I love LUFC with a proper passion.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Football is 90 minutes pretending you're hurt.

Rugby is 80 minutes pretending you're not.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

1964white wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:26 pm Football is 90 minutes pretending you're hurt.

Rugby is 80 minutes pretending you're not.
Sent to me on my phone!

Well, I thought it was amusing & a lot of truth in it.
Johnboy1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnboy1965 »

With all the technology available and in use already its farcical that the little ego maniac in the middle dictates how much time is added on.
We needmore transparency and an independent timekeeper as they do in RL and the NFL.
Newcastle were a complete joke and were afraid to engage us in a proper game of football, but you can't really blame inferior teams for doing it as they don't suffer the consequences.
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

1964white wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:10 pm Always thought Howe was a decent man, my respect for him after what I witnessed today is rock bottom.

I've never rated him, makes Hockaday look skilled
Last edited by velo on Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

It would be interesting to see how many times teams bring on the physio during games, and how long they take

In cycling on the velodrome, a rider who 'came off' had 3 laps to rejoin the race, no matter what injury was caused, thats 3 laps at approx 14 seconds a lap
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods