Have the Government nothing better to do!!!!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
hector

Have the Government nothing better to do!!!!

Post by hector »

FFS, is there not enough to contend with in the Country without new bloody laws coming into effect
Screenshot 2022-01-21 174416.jpg
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/highway-code- ... 34975.html
mentalcase

Re: Have the Government nothing better to do!!!!

Post by mentalcase »

Written by a true leftie.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
hector

Post by hector »

mentalcase wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:14 pm Written by a true leftie.
Do you mean me citizen?? ;-) ;-) :)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

What is the wrong hand and how will they know ?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Lorimer46
First Team
First Team
Twitter: @dsc67

Post by Lorimer46 »

is this another story like Boris's one about bent bananas?
" The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley "
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

hector wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:22 pm Do you mean me citizen?? ;-) ;-) :)
;-)
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

There are several new rules coming in and the one that makes me think there’ll be a massive increase in accidents is when you’re turning left off a main road and a pedestrian is about to cross this road then you have to give way to them. I can just see the following cars not anticipating this resulting in a collision.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

rich_leeds64 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:32 pm There are several new rules coming in and the one that makes me think there’ll be a massive increase in accidents is when you’re turning left off a main road and a pedestrian is about to cross this road then you have to give way to them. I can just see the following cars not anticipating this resulting in a collision.
Crazy, Rich.

Why would you give way unless it's at a pedestrian or traffic light crossing?
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Not all changes are legal requirements

The changes introduce new advisory measures that are not legal requirements but could be drawn upon in court proceedings.

These include advice that drivers:

Should give way to pedestrians crossing or waiting to cross a road into which or from which their vehicle is turning.

Should not cut across cyclists or horse riders going ahead when turning into or out of a junction or changing direction or lane, to prevent “left hook” collisions.

Should open car doors using the “Dutch reach” method, with the hand on the opposite side to the door they are opening. This makes drivers turn their heads to look over their shoulders and reduces the likelihood of “dooring” a passing cyclist.

Should leave at least 1.5 metres when overtaking cyclists at speeds of up to 30mph, and give them more space when overtaking at higher speeds.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

HarryofOz wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:57 pm Not all changes are legal requirements

The changes introduce new advisory measures that are not legal requirements but could be drawn upon in court proceedings.

These include advice that drivers:

Should give way to pedestrians crossing or waiting to cross a road into which or from which their vehicle is turning.

Should not cut across cyclists or horse riders going ahead when turning into or out of a junction or changing direction or lane, to prevent “left hook” collisions.

Should open car doors using the “Dutch reach” method, with the hand on the opposite side to the door they are opening. This makes drivers turn their heads to look over their shoulders and reduces the likelihood of “dooring” a passing cyclist.

Should leave at least 1.5 metres when overtaking cyclists at speeds of up to 30mph, and give them more space when overtaking at higher speeds.
I can only assume from reading the above that it has been drafted by some idiot that doesn't drive :roll:

My journey to work every day means I turn into a road and then have to do an immediate left turn into my office car park. The amount of brain dead kids who stand over the accessway to the car park at the moment is horrendous. I am indicating and they just stand there looking vacant. I wave them across and we get the scenario where half of them cross and the others look like rabbits in headlights!! This new ruling would apparently give them the right to cross? The margin of road between the main highway and my turn into the car park is very very narrow BUT now it seems I have to turn and then if there are folk waiting to cross I have to STOP.... oh my accident just waiting to happen. The world is going mad.

:bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

If it aint broke, don't fix it, FACT.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:20 pm I can only assume from reading the above that it has been drafted by some idiot that doesn't drive :roll:

My journey to work every day means I turn into a road and then have to do an immediate left turn into my office car park. The amount of brain dead kids who stand over the accessway to the car park at the moment is horrendous. I am indicating and they just stand there looking vacant. I wave them across and we get the scenario where half of them cross and the others look like rabbits in headlights!! This new ruling would apparently give them the right to cross? The margin of road between the main highway and my turn into the car park is very very narrow BUT now it seems I have to turn and then if there are folk waiting to cross I have to STOP.... oh my accident just waiting to happen. The world is going mad.

The world went mad ages ago, young lady

This country is lost, run by clueless idiots where ever you look in authority & the powers that be.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

becchio bear wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:20 pm I can only assume from reading the above that it has been drafted by some idiot that doesn't drive :roll:

That's because the rules have been designed for political popularity - being able to make motherhood statements like 'we're looking after cyclists and pedestrians' - rather than practicality.

How many pedestrians are simply going to walk across a road without looking simply assuming the driver will stop?
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Bonkers, absolutely bonkers. I've said it before, nobody owns their own actions any more. It's all about being able to blame somebody else. Nanny state personified.

So....if someone steps out in front of a car it's the drivers fault?....

Some Cyclists are a danger to drivers, just pulling out into the middle of the road to turn right without indicating their intentions. I despair....this Country has gone politically correct SOFT....shame on this government.

Opening your door with your 'other' hand..... :lol: is it April 1st....give me strength with this lot of do-gooders!
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Come to Bulgaria , it's mad but anything goes !!

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:50 am Bonkers, absolutely bonkers. I've said it before, nobody owns their own actions any more. It's all about being able to blame somebody else. Nanny state personified.

Some Cyclists are a danger to drivers, just pulling out into the middle of the road to turn right without indicating their intentions. I despair....this Country has gone politically correct SOFT....shame on this government.

Opening your door with your 'other' hand..... :lol: is it April 1st....give me strength with this lot of do-gooders!
Just like omitting the hard shoulder on some motorways, cameras switched off & fewer police patrols, it is ludicrous, Swannie.

Our motorways were the safest roads in the world, not the case any more!
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

hector wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:46 pm FFS, is there not enough to contend with in the Country without new bloody laws coming into effect

Screenshot 2022-01-21 174416.jpg

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/highway-code- ... 34975.html
So you could be punished for being ambidextrous :duno:

Tis the Devil's work, disembowel them, dunk them in the pond and then BBQ them just to make sure :lol:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:50 am Bonkers, absolutely bonkers. I've said it before, nobody owns their own actions any more. It's all about being able to blame somebody else. Nanny state personified.

I wish you would stop being so mealy-mouthed and sitting on the fence Swannie, it doesn't suit you at all :lol:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

BGwhite wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:16 am Come to Bulgaria , it's mad but anything goes !!

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
Exactly mate :lol:

If you think driving in the UK's adventurous come and have a spin in a country where anything and everything goes, 24/7, 365. Just make your own rules and laws up, life's good like that :lol:

Nazdrave :beers:
hector

Post by hector »

White Riot wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:56 am Exactly mate :lol:

If you think driving in the UK's adventurous come and have a spin in a country where anything and everything goes, 24/7, 365. Just make your own rules and laws up, life's good like that :lol:

Nazdrave :beers:
Here mate... You want adventurous on the roads... I road a motorbike around Cairo and Luxor for quite a while... :shock: :shock: :shock:

If there is not a lane there.... who cares?? they just nudge the cars to one side and make another lane, bikes don't stand a chance...

Thing is... You get knocked off your bike there, it is your fault... If you were not there, it couldn't have happened is the police attitude...

:) :)