The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 12th August) Bielsa putting pen to paper is just a 'formality'

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 12th August) Bielsa putting pen to paper is just a 'formality'

Post by Smudge3920 »

Lets be honest everyone wants another Raphinha deal,...well they are few and far between... I dont buy into this "no depth" argument, we have it some has to be tested yet , just as any new signing has to be ...nothing is guarenteed.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 12th August) Bielsa putting pen to paper is just a 'formality'

Post by mothbanquet »

The more players we buy, the further away from the first team our youngsters get. While I would've liked a midfielder (speaking in the past tense when the window's still open for more than 2 more weeks lol) I think we all need to examine our past comments with regard to how much we've wanted to see our most exciting prospects come through. Can't have it both ways.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

mothbanquet wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:03 pm The more players we buy, the further away from the first team our youngsters get. While I would've liked a midfielder (speaking in the past tense when the window's still open for more than 2 more weeks lol) I think we all need to examine our past comments with regard to how much we've wanted to see our most exciting prospects come through. Can't have it both ways.
:tup: ...Good post MB
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

faaip wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:59 pm We may be lacking in depth but we really don't know we're lacking in depth till that depth is tested...

Phillips
Dallas
Klich
Roberts
Rodrigo
Geldherdt
Greenwood
Koch
Bate

If we get the Hudds guy that looks decent depth to me... Even if we don't
Our depth is tested and with the likes of Roberts and Costa (usual suspects), it often comes up short. I hope MB gives one or two of our more promising U23 players some game time this season. Thus far, I feel it has been a disappointing transfer window, particularly after Orta's talk about 5 players. We've brought in one established player and the rest are youth players. As the powers that be are all too aware, there's a clear void in the middle of the park, where there's a distinct lack of creativity. I am sure they're trying to fill this void but we are leaving it pretty late. It could well be the 'round peg' approach and see where that takes us again.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

faaip wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:59 pm We may be lacking in depth but we really don't know we're lacking in depth till that depth is tested...

Phillips
Dallas
Klich
Roberts
Rodrigo
Geldherdt
Greenwood
Koch
Bate

If we get the Hudds guy that looks decent depth to me... Even if we don't
And Forshaw.
runs.......
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
CanuckMightyWhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CanuckMightyWhite »

Bielsa’s contract was never in doubt, he has owned this project and will not rest until he either can’t do the job anymore due to ill health or feels the club has not fulfilled an obligation. He has improved us every year he’s been here, and this one will be no different. He is aiming to win it all, and we will inch even closer to the top six.

Transfers - Kent is an upgrade over Costa and Poveda but believe the club won’t pay anything more than 12m+ add ons as we just don’t pay beyond our value. If we can get either Lang or Kent it will be around that price, otherwise it will be someone on deadline day for a previously out of reach player even if we get one we value up to 25m. A midfielder, LOB or someone else, will surely get done soon, but it won’t be the marquee signing.

Depth - not ideal as we have to upgrade Poveda, Costa and Roberts, although I still have hope for the latter to have a breakout season. Drameh, Summerville, Bate, Gelhardt, Greenwood and Miller may be ready to put in some minutes for the first team that we got from Pablo, Berardi, Poveda etc last season. This group is almost ready to step in soon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

A number of Leeds United Club Staff will be walking Yorkshire's 3 highest peaks in aid of the Leeds United Foundation on September 10th.

Give NowShare
Charity Registration No. 1137703

Story
The Heads of Department within Leeds United Football Club are putting on their walking boots to raise money for the Leeds United Foundation. Staff will take on Yorkshire's three highest peaks in aid of the Foundation which delivers programmes across the city of Leeds to all members of society. The team will join supporters to help raise funds and celebrate the amazing work carried out daily by the Foundation to both young and old across Leeds.

https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/luf ... nvite=true
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Ratscoot wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:27 am Morning EB et all

This is the one contract I was never concerned about, from what I see Marcelo loves Leeds and the fans as much as we love him, he worked throughout the summer, even down to making sure the training pitches are the exact same as Elland Road so no way was he not going to sign.

Ryan Kent I've said on her before I think there's better players out there especially for the money we'll have to pay to get him but if Bielsa thinks he's the man what do I know

Leo Hjelde looks a player (Youtube) and he'll slot right into the U23s who are starting to look very good for the coming season
Evening pal, Hjelde is a great signing for the future. Just hope he and Cresswell get given a chance at senior level!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:12 pm Evening pal, Hjelde is a great signing for the future. Just hope he and Cresswell get given a chance at senior level!
Cresswell may get an opportunity v Crewe Matt.
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

MB - Officially the biggest signing in world football this week! 🤩
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

If we manage to offload costa and the welsh lump afore saturday it will have been a good pre season for me, yea, we all have our opinions, and that is mine, worst two players involved last 2 seasons, cost a fortune in wages (costa) and both had little to no return.
Off loading just costa will free up money to bring in 1 half-decent lad who will bust a gut.
Absolutely gob-smacked as to why roberts got a new contract, simply dont see it at all, time will like, and, I'm a straight talking lad that, if wrong, will be t' first to hold my hands up , down to thee to prove me wrong taffy.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"