EURO 2020

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
rab_rant

Re: EURO 2020

Post by rab_rant »

rab_rant wrote:Russia is upset that the Ukraine football team has a map of the Ukraine on their football kit with Crimea included.

Moscow is upset since the annexed Crimea in 2014.

it is viewed as political provocation.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
Political statementImage

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Germans beating Latvia 5-0 at half-time in their build-up to Euro 2020.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Klich an unused sub in Poland's 2-2 draw with Iceland

Llorente not even on the bench for Spain.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

rab_rant wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:53 am The reason he got to the semi-finals was that he had a free pass and no opposition at all. As soon as he met a real team he was kicked out.

We only got to the semis through good set-piece execution, other than that we had nothing as Croatia demonstrated. If we'd got through that France would have butchered us in the Final.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

rab_rant wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:34 pm Political statementImage

The Russians will not bother taking the knee to show their outrage. They'll just inject Novichok into Ukraine's half-time oranges :lol:
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Remember after the world cup the most exciting thing about English football was how far down the side of his head Bobby Charlton's comb over would be.

Well the most exciting thing about the current English football team is Phil Foden's hair. All he needs is some go faster stripes down the side of his head

Forget tactics and team selections the most important thing is to have a good hairstyle while playing football. Who can forget Jimmy Hill's assertion that a good hairstyle could create a certain amount of confusion when the Romanian team all had their hair dyed blonde?Image

Bally
First Team
First Team

Post by Bally »

lufc1304 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:09 am On the basis of that game against Austria, albeit a friendly, England look distinctly average. A better side would have scored two or three against them.

I think France may be the team to beat, or perhaps the Belgians might finally fulfil their promise. Can't discount the Germans either, usually a good tournament side. Looks pretty wide open, to be honest. Will watch bits and pieces until the quarters, then probably all the games at the business end.
On the basis of that game we won ,conceded no goals and we didn't have our strongest team out,who cares how we play or the result in any friendly.,Croatia is the first game that matters and for what its worth I think we will draw but then beat the other two
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

Who do you think will win Euro 2020?

Would fancy Belgium or Italy. Belgium have the talent but may not have the killer instinct. Italy without standout stars are always dangerous as they build as a unit as tournaments go on. They also have cracking form going into this and they know how to win.

Which team do you not want to win the tournament?

Portugal - full of thugs and cheats. Otherwise they’re fine!😁

How far will England go?

If England can avoid a disaster in the group stage, which is possible with an unsettled team with ordinary form, then they’ll improve and could land in another semi.

Will you be watching intently?

No, will dip in and out. Will watch the semis and final.

Anyone not that interested in Euro 2020?

With the ROI not being in it I’m not that pushed. I hope the Leeds players do well and come out unscathed.🤞
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

England have as much chance of winning the Euros as a Shetland pony has of jumping the fences in the grand national.

rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

England have as much chance winning the Euros as Diane Abbott has of winning mastermind

Last edited by rab_rant on Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Who do you think will win Euro 2020.
IMO anyone of 3, Italy, Germany or Belguim

Which team do you not want to win the tournament?
Portugal

How far will England go?
IMO they will be lucky to get out of the group phase, if they are succesful IMO they will go out in the round of 16

Will you be watching intently?
No, if I have nothing pressing to do, will have a look.

:whistle: :redc: :whistle:
hector

Post by hector »

Me...
couldn't give a monkeys...

the only way that I will follow it, is on here from the posts. (and that is only because I read all posts)
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:09 am Anyone not that interested in Euro 2020?

Me...
couldn't give a monkeys...

the only way that I will follow it, is on here from the posts. (and that is only because I read all posts)
Not a football fan are you Hector?
hector

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:21 am Not a football fan are you Hector?
No mate...

A Leeds fan, but not football in general...
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:30 am No mate...

A Leeds fan, but not football in general...
So what got you into Leeds then Hector or did you enjoy football generally a few decades ago?
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

England has as much chance of winning the Euros as Joe Biden has of correctly reading from a teleprompter.

Last edited by rab_rant on Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
hector

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:11 am So what got you into Leeds then Hector or did you enjoy football generally a few decades ago?
When we moved back from Singapore in 1969 we moved to Worcester, and a primary school there I got into football, and played for my house team at school. There were only 2 teams supported in school..... Cheatski and Leeds, so as Leeds fans were in the minority, and my mum is from Harrogate... it was Leeds.
I then went to boarding school in Skipton, and we used to hitch to Elland Rd every other saturday (mainly because it was totally against school rules) and that is when the bug really bit.... School sports was rugby, so apart from the brief go at playing it in primary school, I have never really played footie, but being a Leeds fan has always stuck...
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:02 am When we moved back from Singapore in 1969 we moved to Worcester, and a primary school there I got into football, and played for my house team at school. There were only 2 teams supported in school..... Cheatski and Leeds, so as Leeds fans were in the minority, and my mum is from Harrogate... it was Leeds.
I then went to boarding school in Skipton, and we used to hitch to Elland Rd every other saturday (mainly because it was totally against school rules) and that is when the bug really bit.... School sports was rugby, so apart from the brief go at playing it in primary school, I have never really played footie, but being a Leeds fan has always stuck...
That's a good story hector, and I love Harrogate. Spent many happy days there with my Mum. Also kept an eye on Harrogate Towns first season in the football League
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Will Kalvin start for England?
1964white

Post by 1964white »