Patrick Bamford

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Re: Patrick Bamford

Post by BobHirst »

Bamford has won me over. I still think he misses too many 'good' chances to score but he makes up for it with his other play. I have watched many premier league games this season and I have been watching particularly the contributions of the various strikers. Bamford works harder than any of the other strikers and at the same time is one of the leading scorers in the league.
Well done Patrick.
We do need another one though!
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

The more I see of, and here from, Bamford, the more I like him, Smudge.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Agree. Bamford is an ideal ambassador for the club, smart, concise, doesn't take himself too seriously, seems to have his finger on the pulse, and clearly an interviewer's dream.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

MB being honest to a fault again ...interesting post....

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/bielsa-bl ... -potential
whiteroseboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by whiteroseboy »

Paddy could easily be on 18 goals, has had two good goals ruled out by VAR that should have been given.
Unlike some strikers high on the scorers list he hasn't boosted his total by taking all our penalties (just one I recall).

One helluva season first year up especially when you add the chances he creates for others.

Last few weeks drought is definately the supply lines not Paddy losing form.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

whiteroseboy wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:56 am Paddy could easily be on 18 goals, has had two good goals ruled out by VAR that should have been given.
Unlike some strikers high on the scorers list he hasn't boosted his total by taking all our penalties (just one I recall).

One helluva season first year up especially when you add the chances he creates for others.

Fully agree with all this...
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

whiteroseboy wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:56 am Paddy could easily be on 18 goals, has had two good goals ruled out by VAR that should have been given.

I think his form has dropped - 4 goals in 19 games, and Raph was playing in most of those games. If the drought was over the last 5 or 6 games then the lack of service argument would be more convincing.

His drop in form is probably partly due to exhaustion, though he has always been a streaky striker. It's simply asking too much to play a lone striker formation all season whilst playing Bielsaball and using the same striker for an entire season. This is where the 'Bielsa burnout ' theories have an element of truth in them. Klich and Bamford are probably both pretty burnt out by now - though with Klich it probably means the end of his Leeds career. Playing Bielsaball for 3 seasons may well have shortened Klich's career in fact - most of the players at the club who are 30 years old plus tend to spend most of the season injured, with Rodrigo being the latest example.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Think Paddy has scored from the spot three times according to my notes
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

I think now Rodrigo is fit we could see Bamford substituted more in preparation for next season? Paddy as left it all on the field this season, he couldn't give anymore in terms of work rate for the team.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Leeds1000 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:05 am I think now Rodrigo is fit we could see Bamford substituted more in preparation for next season? Paddy as left it all on the field this season, he couldn't give anymore in terms of work rate for the team.
:tup:
whiteroseboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by whiteroseboy »

faaip wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:34 am Think Paddy has scored from the spot three times according to my notes
We have scored 3 times from the spot, Klich twice (Fulham & West Ham) Paddy once versus Burnley.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

From the very reliable David Ornstein.

Paddy has had his contract extended by a year, 2023 now.

He has admirers including Liverpool with Klopp a known fan.

Would you sell?

If so how much for?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

If we're offered a ridiculous sum I'd sell otherwise a very good option off the bench for me.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

A perfect response from you Faaip...consistant :P ... IMO it would be foolish to let someone who knows MB's system so well and contributes so much, and (again IMO) has earned his starting position next season go.
whiteroseboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by whiteroseboy »

faaip wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:14 am If we're offered a ridiculous sum I'd sell otherwise a very good option off the bench for me.
I actually think the opposite, start him and let him run the centre backs into the ground for an hour or so then introduce the likes of Rodrigo for last half hour would be a excellent plan.

Would rest Paddy with less time on pitch keeping him fresh and someone like Rodrigo would find lots of space to exploit against a tiring defence.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Smudge3920 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:19 am A perfect response from you Faaip...consistant :P ... IMO it would be foolish to let someone who knows MB's system so well and contributes so much, and (again IMO) has earned his starting position next season go.
I still don't see a top premiership player there. But I'll keep shtum because I know I can't argue that here without recourse. I know I've tried
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

faaip wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:33 pm I still don't see a top premiership player there. But I'll keep shtum because I know I can't argue that here without recourse. I know I've tried
I admire your resolve ...its what you believe..
Cumbriarents
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Cumbriarents »

I know what you mean faaip sometimes he does look like that but he is only getting better each season. Next season should be fun
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Bamford surprised most of the Leeds fan base this season.
I think most of us expected Rodrigo to be ahead of him but what does Bamford do? Scores in the first three games of the season. Hard to drop a striker who does that.
I think Bielsa has what he considers a model player, someone who genuinely wants to improve his game and who will do everything the manager wants of him.
However he doesn't create enough for others and I think that that could on the long run see him usurped at Leeds.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa