The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 7th May) Dutch giants confirm Argentina International availability

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 7th May) Dutch giants confirm Argentina International availability

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Friday 7th May, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

Dutch giants confirm Argentina International availability

In a recent interview with Dutch magazine Voetbal International, Ajax Director of football Marc Overmars has confirmed that Leeds target Nicolas Tagliafico could leave the Yohan Cruijff Stadium this Summer, if the price is right.

Tagliafico, 28, renowned for his stamina and technique up and down the left hand side, would be the perfect answer to Bielsa's dreams. His performances have earnt him 20 international caps for Argentina! It is believed a fee of 13m is sought from the Dutch Champions.

Overmars revealed,
“A departure for Nicolas Tagliafico and David Neres would not be illogical. “Neres has been with Ajax since the beginning of 2017, is 24 years old, and wants to take a step. The same applies to Tagliafico, who has been playing here for three and a half years now and will turn 29 next summer.

It is no secret that they are open to a transfer. Just as it is well known that outbound transfers are a significant part of our revenue.”

Bielsa's pre match Press conference

Marcelo Bielsa gives a full update, including an injury update on Raphinha, Costa and Phillips, and whether Liam Cooper will return to the starting line up following his three match ban?

D-Day for the Championship

Following their relegation to the Championship, Norwich City and Watford have made it look relatively easy this season, and return to the top flight with games to spare. Even Bournemouth have made the play off's comfortably. They join Brentford, Swansea and plucky Barnsley in the play off's to see which club could be 150m better off?

They say, getting out of the Championship is one of the most difficult tasks in the World - At the other end of the table, Wayne Rooney is making it look simple. The Rams have won twice since mid February and are teetering on the edge of the Championship trap door! Only a win against Sheffield Wednesday will secure their Championship status.

The Wendies have recorded recent victories at Barnsley, home against Blackburn and they thumped Cardiff 5-0 at Hillsborough. They started the season on -12 points for financial irregularities. Upon appeal, their punishment was halved. If they beat Derby tomorrow, it will be the first time this season that they are outside the bottom three, but only a win will secure their second tier future.

If Derby lose or draw, Rotherham have a chance of survival, but only if they win at the Cardiff City Stadium. The Millers (Rotherham) have a point more than their Yorkshire rivals.

Who do you want to see go up / get relegated?

Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 7th May) Dutch giants confirm Argentina International availability

Post by Smudge3920 »

D-Day for the Championship
They say, getting out of the Championship is one of the most difficult tasks in the World - At the other end of the table, Wayne Rooney is making it look simple
:rol: ...Hilarious brilliant.

Dutch giants confirm Argentina International availability

Nicolas Tagliafico, 28, good pedigree, whats not to like ?
Last edited by Smudge3920 on Fri May 07, 2021 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 7th May) Dutch giants confirm Argentina International availability

Post by Ratscoot »

Morning EB et all

Tagliafico looks the part and his record is very good, we need a left sided defender/wingback so........ haven't got a clue, is it just another players agent getting us associated with their player to generate interest?

The Wendies are a very poor team even with the six points back they are above the Rams by 3 points and a better goal difference of 1 so still could go down even then :shock:

Best result is Wendies win but so do Rotherham so Rams and the Wendies go down :lol: :lol:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Don’t know anything about Tagliafico apart from his age, and at 29 next year is not the ideal age. But, as ever, if Bielsa wants him that’s ok by me.

Tottenham, apparently, are looking for a new Manager and as Rooney has done such a good job at Derby, he could well take them out of the Championship, which, as we all know, is one of the most difficult divisions to get out of, how about Rooney to Tottenham. A match made in heaven! 😉
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:17 am Don’t know anything about Tagliafico apart from his age, and at 29 next year is not the ideal age. But, as ever, if Bielsa wants him that’s ok by me.

Tottenham, apparently, are looking for a new Manager and as Rooney has done such a good job at Derby, he could well take them out of the Championship, which, as we all know, is one of the most difficult divisions to get out of, how about Rooney to Tottenham. A match made in heaven! 😉
That would be my concern, you might need to be young to play Bielsa ball every season. Of course MB might not be here for the season after next and I'm sure Alladyce won't need his players particularly fit. Also someone said recently MB doesn't buy Argentinians, no idea how true that is
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Thirteen million for an international full back is chicken feed
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

It may be my Yorkshire roots but after Rodrigo not setting the world alight due to injuries this season, i would rather the club bye (buy :shock: :) ) someone around the age of 25 and then develop them, with a potential resale value. I dread to think what Rodrigo will be worth if he fails to impress next season. And don't get me started on Costa although i realise he was closer to that age so its always a risk.
Last edited by Leeds1000 on Fri May 07, 2021 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Allrounder
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Allrounder »

faaip wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:37 am That would be my concern, you might need to be young to play Bielsa ball every season. Of course MB might not be here for the season after next and I'm sure Alladyce won't need his players particularly fit. Also someone said recently MB doesn't buy Argentinians, no idea how true that is
I always wondered about that. Every manager loves to have his countrymen in the squad. Look at Wolwes, they could field a Portugal B-side, even their third kit is similar to that of Portugal.

Rodrigo De Paul and Tagliafico would have been amazing additions.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

In next week's video Bielsa sings 'Don't sign for me Argentinian...'
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
hector

Post by hector »

HarryofOz wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:17 am In next week's video Bielsa sings 'Don't sign for me Argentinian...'
Get yer coat and sod off H.........

:cry:
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

hector wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:18 am Get yer coat and sod off H.........

:cry:
:P :P
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2129196

Vote for Bielsa.

We had by far the toughest month, Bielsa losing would be a travesty.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Dutch Peacock
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Dutch Peacock »

Tagliafico is such a good player, he would fit right in with our style of play. Good defender and good in attack, intelligent and normal guy, speaks English already, even captained Argentina a few times. Played great in the Champions League games with Ajax, almost got to the final a few years back. In Holland the football experts are saying Ajax have to renew his contract very quickly or he could walk out this summer. More clubs are interested. For that money he’s a steal.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Tagliafico is a class act.

Then again Rodders has made me nervous about signing players who are almost 30 (Tagliafico is 29 in the summer).

Also we are in danger.of having a bit.of an.ageing side.

Dallas, Cooper, Klich, Bamford, Ayling etc all.pushing late 20s early.30s.

Id prefer younger talents this summer.
Signed

King Cjay

Dutch Peacock
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Dutch Peacock »

Cjay wrote:Tagliafico is a class act.

Then again Rodders has made me nervous about signing players who are almost 30 (Tagliafico is 29 in the summer).

Also we are in danger.of having a bit.of an.ageing side.

Dallas, Cooper, Klich, Bamford, Ayling etc all.pushing late 20s early.30s.

Id prefer younger talents this summer.
Rodrigo already had a history of injuries, Tagliafico hasn’t.

From the players you name we are likely to replace Cooper, Klich and Bamford for better players in the next couple of years. We should.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Dutch Peacock wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:22 am Rodrigo already had a history of injuries, Tagliafico hasn’t.

From the players you name we are likely to replace Cooper, Klich and Bamford for better players in the next couple of years. We should.
No true but Radz wants a buy to sell policy (hardly the most exciting for fans but faor enough).

Its hard to do that if you sign players approaching their 30s since sell on value decreases with age.

Not against Tagliafico, he is a quality player but if it was me id prefer Perraud.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

It's a balance, you need experience and you need youth, we're well represented at both ends. Experience helps you now youth finances your future....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"