Leeds United v West Ham Utd - Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds United v West Ham Utd - Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

Struijk should have started

Dallas is our LB

Harrison & Alioski shouldn't have started

Bamford shouldn't have been hauled off, we were doomed after that substitution

Pablo a unused sub

Roberts coming on was a joke

BIELSA got it all wrong

I'm off to bed, can't be a*sed discussing about a bunch of headless chickens

Goodnight
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

becchio bear wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:48 pm Meaning Bielsa will continue to hold a grudge against Pablo??

Hope not. Roberts is f***ing shite. :bear:
Bielsa said in his post match conference that he brought on Roberts instead of Pablo because he wanted him to play up top.

Why not push Rodrigo up into his natural position up top and put Pablo in midfield?
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

1964white wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:49 pm Struijk should have started

Dallas is our LB

Harrison & Alioski shouldn't have started

Bamford shouldn't have been hauled off, we were doomed after that substitution

Pablo a unused sub

Roberts coming on was a joke

BIELSA got it all wrong

I'm off to bed, can't be a*sed discussing about a bunch of headless chickens

Goodnight

Agree, Dallas LB, Shack at RB

Not sure Costa was any bette than Harrison! Rodrigo out wide, Pablo No10?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

becchio bear wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:48 pm Meaning Bielsa will continue to hold a grudge against Pablo??

He has fallen out with players before and ignored them in his career

Would be a sad end to Pablo's time here but what other reason for bringing on Roberts?

He had Pablo on the bench but picked a guy whose barely featured at all this season.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

Cjay wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:52 pm He has fallen out with players before and ignored them in his career

Would be a sad end to Pablo's time here but what other reason for bringing on Roberts?

He had Pablo on the bench but picked a guy whose barely featured at all this season.

But Pablo has been this team over the past four years. He's earned his right to have a strop. He is our beating heart.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:42 pm Sadly not :(

MB bringing on Roberts was telling.
Can see Pablo being loaned out to a Championship side in January. Just hope he's replaced with Riqui Puig and not Roberts or Dallas.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Cjay wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:52 pm He has fallen out with players before and ignored them in his career

My thoughts too. Roberts is shite, Pablo is a magician.... bring him back into the fold Bielsa...things are going wrong without him :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

There is no room for grudges in football, especially at a football club newly promoted (with a small squad) to the premier league ....and against our most creative player.....we will see
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:54 pm But Pablo has been this team over the past four years. He's earned his right to have a strop. He is our beating heart.
Fully agree but MB wont see it like that.

Harrison, Dallas, Cooper, Ayling etc have been picked for so long so much because they do exactly what they are told and dont complain.

Thats what MB likes.

Pablo showing that frustration and MB then being asked about it in the press will have really pissed Bielsa off.

He likes robots, Pablo's behaviour will have infuriated MB and lets not forget, Bielsa traditionally likes younger players.

Sad as it is to say, Bielsa wouldn't think twice about discarding a petulant 35 year old (how he may see it).
Signed

King Cjay

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:54 pm But Pablo has been this team over the past four years. He's earned his right to have a strop. He is our beating heart.
Players having a strop when they are subbed shows heart and compassion.....but...he should have apologised to the boss
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Cjay wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:58 pm Fully agree but MB wont see it like that.

Harrison, Dallas, Cooper, Ayling etc have been picked for so long so much because they do exactly what they are told and dont complain.

Thats what MB likes.

Pablo showing that frustration and MB then being asked about it in the press will have really pissed Bielsa off.

He likes robots, Pablo's behaviour will have infuriated MB and lets not forget, Bielsa traditionally likes younger players.

Sad as it is to say, Bielsa wouldn't think twice about discarding a petulant 35 year old (how he may see it).
I think Pablo throwing the black armband to the ground probably put the nail in the coffin in Bielsa’s eyes.

A man who puts respect above all else. Remember when he had the players litter picking on their first day under him?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:54 pm Can see Pablo being loaned out to a Championship side in January. Just hope he's replaced with Riqui Puig and not Roberts or Dallas.
Neither would i.

Would be so sad :(
Signed

King Cjay

HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Side before self
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Pablo was wrong with his initial reaction and should have apologised, and MB is wrong for continuing to hold a grudge and ignore our most creative player. Both need to accept they're wrong for the good of the club.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

whiteswan wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:59 pm Players having a strop when they are subbed shows heart and compassion.....but...he should have apologised to the boss

He apologised publicly, I dont know if he did to Bielsa in person, who can say?
gessa

Post by gessa »

Pablo did apologise
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Fridge wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:00 pm I think Pablo throwing the black armband to the ground probably put the nail in the coffin in Bielsa’s eyes.

A man who puts respect above all else. Remember when he had the players litter picking on their first day under him?
May be right.

Apologies for my gesture the other day," Hernandez wrote.

"It was a reaction that nothing describes my way of being or my way of thinking. I have always represented and will represent the values ​​of this club and this fans as they deserve."

When you think of it like that and look at what Pablo said, makes you think.
Signed

King Cjay

Cumbriarents
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Cumbriarents »

Maybe Bamford was tired that's why he fetched Roberts on, it didn't work. I thought Ayling was very good tonight. Championship player your having a laugh
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

Cumbriarents wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:09 pm Maybe Bamford was tired that's why he fetched Roberts on, it didn't work. I thought Ayling was very good tonight. Championship player your having a laugh

Despite shipping two goals I don't think the defence did too badly. Ayling was superb. The issues we had were the midfield covering their men breaking or at the set piece.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

The one ray of hope ( for me anyhow) is that in previous occassions when things were not going our way it could be said that even in the games we lost all would have been well if we had have taken our chances.

In other words the system was working

This time things are different, before our first game Bielsa said he was open to a change of approach, but after Liverpool, Citeh, Blunts and Villans we thought our style would be enough.

But it is obvious now that we need to change.

Bielsa will help us sort it out.

Lets remain hopeful.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa