Getting the jab

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
liggy
First Team
First Team

Getting the jab

Post by liggy »

All young'uns should have the jab first

Bkab on all you like

The young'uns will stop the spread
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Getting the jab

Post by Gandalf »

They don't know if the vaccine will stop transmission, but they do know that it will stop hospitalisation should you get Covid. Therefore it makes sense to give to the 80+ and care homes first.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

My 85 year old mum who was very excited about the vaccine has announced this evening that she doesn't want this one..... she'd rather wait for the Oxford one as apparently they're the same company who make her anti migraine medication and so she trusts them! :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Think thats going to be the next issue BB :bear: , it has been rammed down our throats so much about the length of time for testing and proving a vaccine, and so much "spin" from politico's of all sides and nationalities... now it is down to trust.

If one of them does not only immunise but stops infection spreading also, I agree iwth liggy, the young ones should go first after the care home facilities and front line staff...
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Ah the great swine flu pandemic of 2010 and the unused H1N1 vaccines... who even remembers it?

Health clinic staff say that the number of people seeking shots dropped off sharply around last March.
The remaining doses are still usable until the end of next May. Thus Finland is not in the same situation
as the Netherlands, which is disposing of some 17 million unused doses that will soon pass their expiration dates.

Many other countries seem to have wasted large sums in acquiring the swine flu shots.
The Council of Europe is looking into whether the World Health Organisation was too
hasty in declaring swine flu as a pandemic.

The value of the shots remaining on the shelf in Finland is about 10.5 million euros.
However the state's acquisition of the vaccine was not overblown, says Senior Researcher
Rose-Marie Ölander of the National Institute for Health and Welfare (THL).
Public health authorities believe that at least some of the remaining doses will be used this autumn.
They are planning a new campaign to encourage the young in particular to get the jab.

Heard that the Pfizer vaccine has to be stored at a very low temperature to stop it from
going bad... now we wouldn't want that would we.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/25/challen ... html#close
Bally
First Team
First Team

Post by Bally »

Don't care which vaccine it is I trust that its been approved and is safe I'll be first in line
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Bally wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:06 pm Don't care which vaccine it is I trust that its been approved and is safe I'll be first in line
Really? You don't think it's a tad rushed? :duno: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:07 pm Really? You don't think it's a tad rushed? :duno: :bear:
I'll be your guinea pig young lady :pig:

As a little 'ol man I'll be in there long before you :)
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

becchio bear wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:07 pm Really? You don't think it's a tad rushed? :duno: :bear:
Not rushed as in 'corners have been cut' but rushed because this virus has affected the whole planet and millions have died. Governments have literally thrown all possible resources and money at it but it has undergone the same stringent testing as any other vaccine before approval.
When the Ebola virus was discovered no-one gave a s**t because it was primarily confined to Africa.
Had Ebola become widespread in Europe and the US it would have been afforded the same level of priority.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

One would assume that the testing has been as rigorous, the short period of time it has taken compared to normal is the massive funding it has received. No doubt the conspiracy theorists will think it has some tracking tech within it :lol: :lol:
I'd quite happily give it a shot.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Chilli D wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:43 am Not rushed as in 'corners have been cut' but rushed because this virus has affected the whole planet and millions have died. Governments have literally thrown all possible resources and money at it but it has undergone the same stringent testing as any other vaccine before approval.
When the Ebola virus was discovered no-one gave a s**t because it was primarily confined to Africa.
Had Ebola become widespread in Europe and the US it would have been afforded the same level of priority.
Correct when it's the developed world things become very different.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I'm never going to get a shot for a virus - I don't care what the 'experts' say.
I may be almost 76 but I still have a good rating from my MD, who can't believe my only need for hospital intervention has been for tonsil removal aged 4 and cancer removal aged 75. My lungs and heart are in great shape and my exercise programme is fairly comprehensive.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Norm wrote:I'm never going to get a shot for a virus - I don't care what the 'experts' say.
I may be almost 76 but I still have a good rating from my MD, who can't believe my only need for hospital intervention has been for tonsil removal aged 4 and cancer removal aged 75. My lungs and heart are in great shape and my exercise programme is fairly comprehensive.
good for you Norm. Happy to hear it.ImageImageImage

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Norm wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:01 am I'm never going to get a shot for a virus - I don't care what the 'experts' say.
A wise man :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I'll be going for the jab not only to safeguard myself but for others too.

Those of you who refuse & are prepared to risk spreading this horrible virus to your family, relatives, friends & vulnerable people, well I hope you have a conscience!
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Trumps Drug Czar says side effects are significantly noticible in 10 to 15% of recipients. Get out of jail card cos if things go wrong they can say that we were warned

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/01/trump-c ... ients.html

rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

1964white wrote:I'll be going for the jab not only to safeguard myself but for others too.

Those of you who refuse & are prepared to risk spreading this horrible virus to your family, relatives, friends & vulnerable people, well I hope you have a conscience!
Stay safe Leon.

1964white

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:48 am Stay safe Leon.

And you Rab

I count myself lucky in the environment I reside, there again I don't take any risks!

Hopefully like many of us I'll get my social life back sometime in 2021 :-D
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Why did we not kill the bats
These little fookers are getting off scott free
They carry rabies count Dracula and s**t all over the belfry nasty little fookers imoi
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

And the dopey fookers sleep upside doon what's that all about