The "January" Transfer Window 20/21 season

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
hector

Re: The "Summer" Transfer Window 20/21 season

Post by hector »

could we come to a swop deal for my biro??
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Martinez signed for Aston Villa for 17 million. That seems like a really good deal. I didn't say much when the Martinez rumors were mentioned because I didn't think Arsenal would let him go. I think 17 million is a good price.

Would have been a nice piece of business for us. Could it be the Kiko problem - we cant keep Kiko on 40k and make him 3rd choice. Or maybe Orta/Bielsa don't rate Martinez so highly.
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:18 pm Martinez signed for Aston Villa for 17 million. That seems like a really good deal. I didn't say much when the Martinez rumors were mentioned because I didn't think Arsenal would let him go. I think 17 million is a good price.

Would have been a nice piece of business for us. Could it be the Kiko problem - we cant keep Kiko on 40k and make him 3rd choice. Or maybe Orta/Bielsa don't rate Martinez so highly.
Same as that, I thought that we would have gone after him more aggressively. I haven’t heard of us being linked to any other keeper. That creates the worry that we are going to stick with Kiko as our number 2 keeper.

He is so below the standard of what we need this season that every Leeds fan better pray, to whatever greater being they believe in, that Meslier both holds form and doesn’t get injured. Kiko will cost us points and cause a psychological breakdown in a developing defence. Maybe Orta has a surprise up his sleeve , if so, now would be a good time to produce it.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

David Ornstein says that the club were working on a deal for Harry Wilson but Bielsa said no, wasnt the player he wanted.

Makes sense, Phil Hay has always said that Victor Orta loves Wilson, has for years, MB rates him but Victor really likes him.

Also, De Paul is "impossible" according to David.

Basically we wont pay the asking price which isnt news.

Its nice to see the "De Paul isnt keen" narrative well and truly over.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Thank God, Wilson would be a poor signing and overpriced.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:38 pm Thank God, Wilson would be a poor signing and overpriced.
Bad news lol

Ornstein in his pod reiterated we wont meet De Paul's asking price and should that not be reduced the club would want to go back in for Wilson (beg and grovel MB i suppose) yipeeee
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:06 pm Bad news lol

Ornstein in his pod reiterated we wont meet De Paul's asking price and should that not be reduced the club would want to go back in for Wilson (beg and grovel MB i suppose) yipeeee
Sigh. Rather sign no one than waste £20m on a free kick merchant.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:12 pm Sigh. Rather sign no one than waste £20m on a free kick merchant.
If we dont get De Paul you have to go for the same calibre Shirley?
Signed

King Cjay

Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Cjay wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:23 pm If we dont get De Paul you have to go for the same calibre Shirley?
Agreed CJ ...and don't call me Shirley... :lol:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:23 pm If we dont get De Paul you have to go for the same calibre Shirley?
Definitely.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Hopefully Radz is on the phone to the Pozzo's as we speak.

Victor on the phone to Zagreb to get the cb.

Kinnear on the phone to Brentford for Rico Henry at left back.

The tea lady giving Benfica a bell see if we can do that loan for Luis.

Wilson of social media fame on the phone to Manure saying wed like Romero please.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Not much progress being made seemingly.

Narrative for weeks has been De Paul only if we pay the asking price and Gvardiol isnt keen.

Personally having done some reading i think if we are expecting Udinese to go "ok you win we will knock £10mil off the asking price", then we will be very disappointed.

They didnt do it last summer for Inter or Juve or AC Milan, i cant see them doing it for us.

As for Gvardiol can we not find a more proven player for £20mil? Can we not just use some of thay for De Paul?
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Huggins and Drameh not far off the first team squad after watching them play Wolves today. Drameh played central defence superbly (reminded me of Ben White) and Huggins was pure class from left wing back. The two positions we hope we can cover with 20M thrown at Zagreb..

If we're stalling on Du Paul because we want money for Gardiol, maybe we should forget about him pay for Du Paul and use the kids to back up centre back and left wing back
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

faaip wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:12 pm Huggins and Drameh not far off the first team squad after watching them play Wolves today. Drameh played central defence superbly (reminded me of Ben White) and Huggins was pure class from left wing back. The two positions we hope we can cover with 20M thrown at Zagreb..

If we're stalling on Du Paul because we want money for Gardiol, maybe we should forget about him pay for Du Paul and use the kids to back up centre back and left wing back
I agree. But then you'll always hear me harping on about developing youth
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:12 pm Huggins and Drameh not far off the first team squad after watching them play Wolves today. Drameh played central defence superbly (reminded me of Ben White) and Huggins was pure class from left wing back. The two positions we hope we can cover with 20M thrown at Zagreb..

Unsure how you can come to that conclusion after just one game against another set of youngsters.

The young kids that played v League One Hull didn't enhance their chances when given an opportunity to prove themselves, some with more experience than today's new kids on the block.

Truly hope the kids prove to be successful swiftly however we are talking the premier league now, big step up!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:07 pm Unsure how you can come to that conclusion after just one game against another set of youngsters.

The young kids that played v League One Hull didn't enhance their chances when given an opportunity to prove themselves, some with more experience than today's new kids on the block.

Truly hope the kids prove to be successful swiftly however we are talking the premier league now, big step up!
Because I understand what I'm looking at. But that wasn't my point
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Liverpool signed Jota. That puts Harry Wilson 7th in the pecking order. Not sure if we'll move for him but he has to be going somewhere
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Hope not!
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:59 pm Personally having done some reading i think if we are expecting Udinese to go "ok you win we will knock £10mil off the asking price", then we will be very disappointed.

They didnt do it last summer for Inter or Juve or AC Milan, i cant see them doing it for us.
Last season there wan't the financial uncertaintancy that Covid has brought to this season's, and potentially future. transfer windows.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Riqui Puig available to loan from Barcelona. Come on Radz :)