Leeds United v Fulham FC - MATCH THREAD - Cooper & Rodrigo in for Struijk & Hernandez

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds United v Fulham FC - MATCH THREAD - Cooper & Rodrigo in for Struijk & Hernandez

Post by 1964white »

Brolins_Ghost wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:55 pm Time for me to go lay down in a darkened room to get my heart rate back to normal.
I thought my ticker was alright until this afternoon :)
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds United v Fulham FC - MATCH THREAD - Cooper & Rodrigo in for Struijk & Hernandez

Post by SG90 »

We are still not fit yet imo. We'll need another game or two. Which is why I was so annoyed we made 11 changes in midweek.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Scoobychief wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:57 pm JUST by the skin of our teeth.. we need new blood still 3 players, a keeper, midfielder, another cb.. may have blown 27m on a donkey in rodrigo
Rodrigo played well. But both him and Roberts played 90 on Wednesday. Bielsa prob mad the decision that they both play 45 today. I think Rodrigo gets that 10 next game, with Pablo off the bench
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

3 points, says it all
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

faaip wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:05 pm Defences take a lot longer to build than attacks, it's all about understanding and teamwork and that takes time. Meslier needed a bit more protection, the pen and third goal were savable but proper clean chances for Fulham. He will be vunerable to low driven shots across him as he's 6'7 ..
Seven penalties in the league so far, all scored.

Keepers have to stay on their line (while the rule is being enforced properly). Unless a penalty is really poor, I think that very few will be saved.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:07 pm Rodrigo played well. But both him and Roberts played 90 on Wednesday. Bielsa prob mad the decision that they both play 45 today. I think Rodrigo gets that 10 next game, with Pablo off the bench
If you take off Rodrigo, you bring on Shack or Struijk. We had this issue last season, when Roberts didn't stay in midfield when he played as a 10.

De Paul is needed. I'd say a GK too and a CB too. We still have a PL loan.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

THREE POINTS

What a nerve racking game though. That defence is going to need some work. More time together for Koch and Cooper will help. Phillips was ragged. I'd rather spend 40 million on a great defender right now than a playmaker.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:03 pm I am told Harrison was in the lineup today. Is that so?

Costa and Bamford were outstanding.
Jack had a bit of a stinker. No surprise the last two Fulham goals came in from the left.

He'll be fine, everyone's allowed a bad day. All's well that end's well.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Initial comment...
A win is a win is a win... 2 games in, think we are definitely seeing we need a RB, Koch and Rodrigo (definitely) need more time, better do it quick!...fitness not yet up to last season....Bamford and Costa, sublime absolutely outstanding.
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

Bringing Roberts on will hardly ever make much of an impact. Great that we won, but it's clear that we are lacking depth. I also agree that we do need to bring in an established left back, along with a few more additions, then we should be fine.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

faaip wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:05 pm Defences take a lot longer to build than attacks
This. We have to be prepared for a bit of a repeat of the first season defence-wise until it starts ticking over. At least we're getting the goals consistently so far.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I thought Koch played well. People will mention the penalty, but will say nothing about the block from Hector when he had a free header.
Brolins_Ghost
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Brolins_Ghost »

1964white wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:06 pm I thought my ticker was alright until this afternoon :)
Only another 36 games to go.
I can only hope they are not all going to be like the first two ✌️
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

SG90 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:13 pm I thought Koch played well. People will mention the penalty, but will say nothing about the block from Hector when he had a free header.
Or robbing Mitrovich from a clear cut scoring position towards the end of the first half.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I won't mention the pen other than it was attributed to him, player dived over a foot that probably didn't touch him. Showed enough to suggest he's quality. Like he actually looks a threat from our corners too.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

faaip wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:16 pm I won't mention the pen other than it was attributed to him, player dived over a foot that probably didn't touch him. Showed enough to suggest he's quality. Like he actually looks a threat from our corners too.
Got a head to two, one excellent, on target and forced an excellent save. More of that please.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:10 pm I'd rather spend 40 million on a great defender right now than a playmaker.
Concur Andrew... as we have to priotise... defender it is.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

SG90 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:13 pm I thought Koch played well. People will mention the penalty, but will say nothing about the block from Hector when he had a free header.
I thought he played well too, penalty was the only bad mistake.

In fact I thought we played well for most of the game, just had one really bad spell in which we left them back in the game after going 4-1 up. Other than that we were either comfortable defensively or in control.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

faaip wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:16 pm I won't mention the pen other than it was attributed to him, player dived over a foot that probably didn't touch him. Showed enough to suggest he's quality. Like he actually looks a threat from our corners too.
Commitment... If he had followed through, and taken the ball he would have been fine... players have so much to remember in the box now, causies hesitation.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

3 points. Only 37 more to get to ensure Prem Status next season (I think)