The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wedensday 16th September) - Should Radrizzani splash the cash on De Paul & Gvardiol?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wedensday 16th September) - Should Radrizzani splash the cash on De Paul & Gvardiol?

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:53 pm Find the "we dont like their attitude" regarding Buendia and Benrahma as a bit odd.

Buendia doesnt get on with Farke it seems but we have no idea, maybe Farke is an arse behind the scenes? He has a temper thats clear on the pitch but thats not a bad thing, Cantona had a temper.

Benrahma posted a video, so what? All the reports and things about him suggest he is a very professional player, never gives any trouble in training etc.

Not like these two go around punching reporters.
You do realise that Bielsa wouldn't tolerate that and he'd be dropped and sold for peanuts first available opportunity if he did lose his temper on the pitch?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wedensday 16th September) - Should Radrizzani splash the cash on De Paul & Gvardiol?

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:56 pm You do realise that Bielsa wouldn't tolerate that and he'd be dropped and sold for peanuts first available opportunity if he did lose his temper on the pitch?
Would they though?

Not so sure myself.

If they were nutters maybe but i dont think a loss of temper would see Bielsa jettison them.

He didnt do it to Berardi after he lost his temper.

Payet, Simeone, Ayala etc all had a tendency to lose their temper.

If he felt they undermined him id agree but for being a bit feisty i doubt it imo.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Cjay wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:02 pm Would they though?

Not so sure myself.

If they were nutters maybe but i dont think a loss of temper would see Bielsa jettison them.

He didnt do it to Berardi after he lost his temper.

Payet, Simeone, Ayala etc all had a tendency to lose their temper.

If he felt they undermined him id agree but for being a bit feisty i doubt it imo.
True, I think Jansson's removal was purely down to disobeying orders on the pitch during the Villa game - a capitalist offence, relatively speaking.

I don't think Bielsa expects blank emotional slates, especially in the heat of a game, but he will always expect his instructions to be followed to the absolute letter.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Berardi didn't lose his temper and was a team player, Jansson did at times and was shipped out and we hear JKA was troublesome..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

faaip wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:13 pm Berardi didn't lose his temper and was a team player, Jansson did at times and was shipped out and we hear JKA was troublesome..
JKA sent the bathroom scales into meltdown after he discovered Gregg's :lol:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

He didn't look overly big till after lockdown, in fact before that he looked in decent shape IIRC. Certainly for the games he was on the bench for
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

The position we're in most need of is at #10.

We've got Pablo there who's coming towards the end of his career. Possibly Roberts, whose shown flashes of talent, but like Pablo he's frequently unavailable due to injury.

So I'd definitely push the boat out to get RDP. But if we can't afford him then go for a cheaper option like Buendia.

Gvardiol is a nice to have, if the price is right, but MB might feel he has sufficient cover at CB with Koch, Cooper, Strujik, Phillips, Casey, and the under 23s.

Having said that we still created good chances against Liverpool on Saturday.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

faaip wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:52 pm He didn't look overly big till after lockdown, in fact before that he looked in decent shape IIRC. Certainly for the games he was on the bench for
Yeah, seemed like he'd put a shift in to get into shape, but then got injured and missed any potential chance to impress.

Seems like RB Leipzig are calling Leeds out for welching on the £18 million we committed to.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

RDP & Gvaridol
RDP when first mentioned I wanted that deal so bad I could taste it , but as I have stated previously sick of hearing his name now, more to whats going on than meets the eye IMO... Gvaridol I just think he does not want to come to heaven, simple as that move on. I firmly believe and have utter Faith that Struijk is going to develop at a phenomenal rate. Kent I honestly cannot make my mind up about him.

I agree 100% Pablo earned the start at Liddypool, but he is such an impact player coming on in the second half that opens options for us to buy in, and if used that way I believe we have another 2seasons out of him

Carabao cup
Whilst I believe we need a good cup run, cannot let it interfere with the #1 priority, which is not just survival but justifying our status and establishing this year in the prem...cups will follow.

Defence
Norm said it best...
Regarding defence, I think some opinions might change on a wet February day with 2 defenders crocked and an important match against good opposition to play. Remember our defence (arguably) got us promoted and it could yet be our safety net this season. I'm not saying I want a dour defence but I would like everybody in the team to have confidence in our back line to set the rest free.
We have to remember it takes a certain kind of defenceman to be able to play "Bielsaball" I think we will be ok, IF we have good G'keeping Meslier, again another I think will develop leaps and bounds this year, his sweeper role already shows development over last year.(I am trying to) but I lack faith in Kiko as back up.

Temperament(s)
It is more important for us than most other teams. Bielsa demands such discipline, anyone who comes into this squad has a) Got to want to come b)know he is part of a team not an individual (Side before self)
If bad attitudes are allowed in they always fester and disrupt somehow.

Koch & Rodrigo
Only way is up, after Saturday, and I have absolutely no worries about them.

At the end of the day... we can always improve... But I love what we have to date.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

If we have to pay it he'll have to come back and sit in the reserves and maybe spend a season getting his head right
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I agree - the sheer effort of getting his head through the door could be the biggest obstacle.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:13 pm Berardi didn't lose his temper and was a team player, Jansson did at times and was shipped out and we hear JKA was troublesome..
berardi lost his temper in the playoffs.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Not really..