Leeds United v Hull City - MATCH THREAD - Bielsa makes eleven changes

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds United v Hull City - MATCH THREAD - Bielsa makes eleven changes

Post by 1964white »

Well done 'ull

Time for 1000's of us Leeds fans living in East Yorkshire to self-isolate :(

Embarrassing :oops:
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Well, what's to be said? Doesn't matter how important you think the cup is, that was an insipid performance throughout. Lack of concentration, lack of effort, lack of spirit. Only ones to come out of that with any dignity were Poveda, Kiko and maybe Davis. Rest were just bang average to utterly crap.

I'd have hated winning that on pens, wouldn't have been any justice. Hull played for every single ball and completely deserved to go through. Utter Pants.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Norm wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:52 pm Reference last years' cup games, they absolutely didn't matter. Someone mentioned that we've now had 2 defeats this season and it's unacceptable (or words to that effect). Did we all see the manner of that first defeat - we played superbly and deserved to draw or even win. On that scintillating showing we're a match for anybody in this league. For this EFL Cup match, maybe Marcelo just wants to know what happens with his selected second string players when they're thrown in the deep end. We trusted him to get us promoted and he did. I think we should trust him a while longer because I honestly believe he does know what he's doing.

Unless, alternatively, we are hinting there are now ER vacancies for extra fan 'advisers' because he's obviously reached his dotage and is too confused to cross the road (or pitch) by himself?
He probably does and the answer is they couldnt hack it.

A premier league 2nd team should walk through a League 1 side Norm, thats what they should do.

The fact ours hasnt is a concern, its not the case of the cup really mattering because it doesnt, what matters is if Hernandez goes down injured then Roberts replaces him, Roberts couldnt open up Hull.

If Dallas and ALi go down Douglas comes in, he got skinned by a Legue 1 reserve tonight.

If Koch and Coops go down Struijk, Creswell and Casey are next up.

Point is we are only a handful of injuries away from relying on these players and as people mention for an excuse for the performance, lack of preseason, that in turn increases the likelihood of injuries.

The result isnt that important but the individual performances is, how players looked in the style is, and the majority of those out there tonight looked poor on both counts.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Pfft.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I think we can dispense with the MOTM, ratings and positive negative threads. I think they'll be divisive..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Smudge3920 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:58 pm Well done Hull... they deserved it.
Yep, we deserved nothing and Bielsa should give himself a shake. Looks like we'll be having a maximum of 40 matches this season.

If this strategy works well and we do well in the league then it's matterless.

But I honestly never thought Leeds under Bielsa could play as badly as Gareth Southgates England :roll:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Watch us throw away the FA Cup.as well :roll:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mothbanquet wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:02 pm Well, what's to be said? Doesn't matter how important you think the cup is, that was an insipid performance throughout. Lack of concentration, lack of effort, lack of spirit. Only ones to come out of that with any dignity were Poveda, Kiko and maybe Davis. Rest were just bang average to utterly crap.

I'd have hated winning that on pens, wouldn't have been any justice. Hull played for every single ball and completely deserved to go through. Utter Pants.
Only saw the 2nd half, can't argue with any of that Moth

The three you mentioned stood our for me :tup:
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Norm wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:52 pm Reference last years' cup games, they absolutely didn't matter. Someone mentioned that we've now had 2 defeats this season and it's unacceptable (or words to that effect). Did we all see the manner of that first defeat - we played superbly and deserved to draw or even win. On that scintillating showing we're a match for anybody in this league. For this EFL Cup match, maybe Marcelo just wants to know what happens with his selected second string players when they're thrown in the deep end. We trusted him to get us promoted and he did. I think we should trust him a while longer because I honestly believe he does know what he's doing.

Unless, alternatively, we are hinting there are now ER vacancies for extra fan 'advisers' because he's obviously reached his dotage and is too confused to cross the road (or pitch) by himself?
No dent in my trust in Bielsa, Norm. I'm furious with a good few of those players, though. Roberts was supposed to be a leader out there tonight and he was missing so much Interpol are still searching for him. Disgusted with his effort.

No mate, I'm not blaming Bielsa. Every one of those players know exactly what's expected of them and I saw walking, I saw lazily swinging arms, I saw gesticulation as they wondered where the hell their teammates were. I saw none of the grit and fire we're so used to seeing week in, week out.

No, I don't blame Bielsa. He was let down tonight, and so were we.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Guess what - we've found another eight Leeds' players who can take penalties.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Cjay wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:02 pm He probably does and the answer is they couldnt hack it.

A premier league 2nd team should walk through a League 1 side Norm, thats what they should do.

The fact ours hasnt is a concern, its not the case of the cup really mattering because it doesnt, what matters is if Hernandez goes down injured then Roberts replaces him, Roberts couldnt open up Hull.

If Dallas and ALi go down Douglas comes in, he got skinned by a Legue 1 reserve tonight.

If Koch and Coops go down Struijk, Creswell and Casey are next up.

Point is we are only a handful of injuries away from relying on these players and as people mention for an excuse for the performance, lack of preseason, that in turn increases the likelihood of injuries.

The result isnt that important but the individual performances is, how players looked in the style is, and the majority of those out there tonight looked poor on both counts.
Well said Cjay, another two and a quarter hours of my life wasted watching that shite.

I don't understand MB's logic, unless he's trying to out perform Heckingbottom and company.

Roll on Saturday and let's put Fulham to the sword. RDP won't be looking this performance on Instagram that's for sure.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

anyway on the bright side it should speed up 3 or 4 new players hopefully.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Any defeat is unwelcome....thought that the team we put out should have beat a League one outfit but we looked really poor and it looked pretty easy for them....just makes me hope our 1st team squad stay fit....!
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

mothbanquet wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:02 pm Well, what's to be said? Doesn't matter how important you think the cup is, that was an insipid performance throughout. Lack of concentration, lack of effort, lack of spirit. Only ones to come out of that with any dignity were Poveda, Kiko and maybe Davis. Rest were just bang average to utterly crap.

Our first team squad players were the most disappointing - Roberts, Alioski, Douglas. Still can't knock Rodrigo until he's been here for a couple of weeks

I thought Bogusz pushed himself a little further forward
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

mothbanquet wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:07 pm No dent in my trust in Bielsa, Norm. I'm furious with a good few of those players, though. Roberts was supposed to be a leader out there tonight and he was missing so much Interpol are still searching for him. Disgusted with his effort.

No mate, I'm not blaming Bielsa. Every one of those players know exactly what's expected of them and I saw walking, I saw lazily swinging arms, I saw gesticulation as they wondered where the hell their teammates were. I saw none of the grit and fire we're so used to seeing week in, week out.

No, I don't blame Bielsa. He was let down tonight, and so were we.
He could've subbed Roberts off but chose not to.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

HarryofOz wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:09 pm Guess what - we've found another eight Leeds' players who can take penalties.
And one who can't save them.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:05 pm Watch us throw away the FA Cup.as well :roll:
I've lost all interest in the 3rd round of the FA Cup now

I remember Revie playing his best XI v Sutton United & Mansfield Town, it was a lot tougher then

60 matches a season
No substitutions
Limited squads
Muddy pitches
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Bielsa is to blame because he picked the team. Simple.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

SG90 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:10 pm He could've subbed Roberts off but chose not to.
Roberts was very poor. Lots of poor touches. I can see the argument for keeping him on though. Needed to play 90 minutes even if he didn't deserve it
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

SG90 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:14 pm Bielsa is to blame because he picked the team. Simple.
That team was more than good enough. Rodrigo, Roberts, Alioski, Poveda, Douglas, Casilla - they should have won this game easily