Positives/Negatives v Luton (1 of each only please)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Positives/Negatives v Luton (1 of each only please)

Post by 1964white »

BGwhite wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:06 am I can see Brentford winning all 6, they have great squad depth and forwards who score regularly.

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk
Brentford would have battered the hatters, then again they have a front three that have scored 49 goals between them plus a midfielder with nine goals on the scoreboard
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

1964white wrote: Brentford would have battered the hatters, then again they have a front three that have scored 49 goals between them plus a midfielder with nine goals on the scoreboard
Wish we had their scouts!

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Positive

We didn't lose after conceding the first goal, a stat which has haunted us this season

Negatives

The injuries to key players are building up
1964white

Post by 1964white »

BGwhite wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:24 am Wish we had their scouts!

They have a fantastic scouting network apparently
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:19 am Brentford would have battered the hatters, then again they have a front three that have scored 49 goals between them plus a midfielder with nine goals on the scoreboard
Yet the mighty Brentford lost to Luton in February (despite beating them 7-0 earlier in the season).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51532935

That's the championship for you and any team can beat anyone else. Despite Brentford thumping Luton 7-0 we have taken more points than them against Luton.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

BGwhite wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:06 am I can see Brentford winning all 6, they have great squad depth and forwards who score regularly.

All games are tough when you're pushing for promotion but Derby away looks their toughest fixture.
My arse is starting to nip now I must admit. I expect West Brom to get back to winning ways tonight although it is a local derby but without fans it sort of evens things up.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:08 pm Yet the mighty Brentford lost to Luton in February (despite beating them 7-0 earlier in the season).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51532935

That's the championship for you and any team can beat anyone else. Despite Brentford thumping Luton 7-0 we have taken more points than them against Luton.
Different timescale, Brentford are on a great run now & would have taken their chances

It's not championship football for you, it's typical Leeds, all huff & puff with 27 shots & once again relying on our left-back to stick the ball in the net

We should have beaten them with the amount of chances we had, same old familiar story which never seems to go away

Frigging hell if we can't beat the likes of Luton when we have all the play & chances to boot what is the point of going up to the premiership which I think we will still achieve, my god we'll require some investment though with our midfield that constantly goes missing & we have a striker who can't head a ball.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

1964white wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:32 pm Different timescale, Brentford are on a great run now & would have taken their chances

Frigging hell if we can't beat the likes of Luton when we have all the play & chances to boot what is the point of going up to the premiership
Hard to think of an answer for that.

With Dallas out for Saturday the lineup will have to be shaken up, especially if Cooper and Pablo can't go. So the injuries are my negative, even more than the dropped points.

The positive is that at least we got the point. A beautiful goal. Alioski has done well the last two games.
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Broad Ford »

Negative: Risky unnecessary passes around defence leading me to believe there are problems further upfield.

Positive: Maintaining the high tempo, struggled to create clear chances, yet still did enough to win.
If you don't know where you are going, every road will get you nowhere.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Chilli D wrote: All games are tough when you're pushing for promotion but Derby away looks their toughest fixture.
My arse is starting to nip now I must admit. I expect West Brom to get back to winning ways tonight although it is a local derby but without fans it sort of evens things up.
Sorry Chilli, Sheff Wed v West Brom is not a local derby Image. I have double checked on Google maps Image

Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

Negative: the same issues causing us to throw points away yet again

Positive: managing to equalise in spite of these ongoing issues
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Positive- 23 shots with 9 on target

Negative - 23 shots with 9 on target and only 1 goal
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

BGwhite wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:30 pm Sorry Chilli, Sheff Wed v West Brom is not a local derby Image. I have double checked on Google maps Image

My mistake BG, I thought they were playing Birmingham
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

If they win the next six, they deserve to go up.
I think they will drop points somewhere, especially if it gets to squeaky bum time with a couple of games to go.
Yes, I know we’re capable of the same 😉
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Negative

Both West Brom & Brentford now have a better goal difference after the latest round of matches
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

1964white wrote:Negative

Both West Brom & Brentford now have a better goal difference after the latest round of matches
Say no more ....

White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Positive is we're still 6 points clear of 3rd.

Negative is we look like we can still f this up. The lack of a cutting edge has killed us all season and last season too. Bamford is a waste of space. Brentford are chomping up the gap, like them ghosts in Pacman. Brentford have a goal threat and their gd, plus WBA's is worth a point over us.

I really fear for us if it gets tight as I don't feel we have the stomach for it as evidenced last season. If we drop into the play-offs we'll fail as all momentum and composure will be gone.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Positive is that since restart we have taken as many points as WBA and 1 more then Fulham - if that continues we go up.

Negative Brentford have won 3 on the bounce so the gap to 3rd place has gone from 7 points to 6.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Positive - Porridge Radio's new album is really good

Negative - Still two days before we play again
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"