Best Leeds United Right Sided Attacking Centre-Midfielder GROUP 1 - VOTING CLOSED

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Best Leeds United Right Sided Attacking Centre-Midfielder GROUP 1 - VOTING CLOSED

Post by 1964white »

Teams so far

Leeds United Best XI

Martyn
Reaney
Cooper
Charlton
Hunter

Leeds United 2nd XI

Harvey
Kelly
Dorigo
Woodgate
Madeley

Now this is where it may become complicated again as we'll conduct two polls for the centre-midfield positions

I've made two groups of Centre-Midfielders

1) Right-sided attacking centre-midfield
2) Left-sided attacking centre-midfield

Please avoid voting for defensive midfielder in the these two polls as we'll hold a DM poll later

Group 1

Central Right-sided attacking midfielder

VOTE NOW

Bremner
Bates
Flynn
Sheridan
Hodge
Hopkin
Bowyer
Howson
Cook
Klich
OTHER

If you name a other/alternative. please name the player

Group 2 - NO VOTING YET!

Central left-sided attacking midfielder

Giles
Collins
Currie
Sellers
McAllister
Ribeiro
McPhail
Bakke
Delph
Hernandez
OTHER
1964white

Re: Best Leeds United Right Sided Attacking Centre-Midfielder GROUP 1 - VOTE NOW

Post by 1964white »

Group 1

Central Right-sided attacking midfielder

VOTE NOW

Bremner
Bates
Bowyer
Sheridan
Hodge
Hopkin
Bowyer
Howson
Cook
Klich
OTHER

If you name a other/alternative. please name the player
1964white

Re: Best Leeds United Right Sided Attacking Centre-Midfielder GROUP 1 - VOTE NOW

Post by 1964white »

Both teams looking good so far....
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Best Leeds United Right Sided Attacking Centre-midfielder GROUP 1 VOTE NOW

Post by The Subhuman »

Flynn
Bowyer
Klich
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

Bremner
Flynn
Bowyer
1964white

Re: Best Leeds United Right Sided Attacking Centre-midfielder GROUP 1 VOTE NOW

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 1:40 pm Flynn
Bowyer
Klich
Our greatest no.4 not in your first three :shock:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Listen we're basically voting a Revie 11 anyway so I'm voting for favourites not best, have been all along. Plus I'm really not sure of the formation we're picking for here

442 you wouldn't need a left and right mid plus a DMF, if you're doing a 451 then Bremnar is the 4 and the DMF which is where he'll get my vote. I'm assuming 442 as I think you said we'd be voting for 2 strikers

Flynn is one of my all time favourites, started watching Leeds live and travelling to games from the age of 15 (77) so Flynn was a massive part of that. Great player
Last edited by The Subhuman on Mon May 18, 2020 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 1:58 pm Listen we're basically voting a Revie 11 anyway so I'm voting for favourites not best, have been all along. Plus I'm really not sure of the formation we're picking for here

442 you wouldn't need a left and right mid plus a DMF, if you're doing a 451 then Bremnar is the 4 and the DMF which is where he'll get my vote. I'm assuming 442 as I think you said we'd be voting for 2 strikers

Flynn is one of my all time favourites, started watching Leeds and travelling to games from the age of 15 (77) so Flynn was a massive part of that. Great player
Ah I see!

Fine little player was Flynn :tup:
hector

Post by hector »

Flynn
Bremner
Bowyer
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

Bremner
Bowyer (hate the person, admire the player)
Klich
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

The way this is panning out I'd assume 4 4 2 so the 2 centre midfielders both doing basically the same job re Giles, Bremmer covering each other?

Bremmer
Flynn
The two midgets but both cracking footballers
Cook if he'd stayed I think he'd could have been exceptional for us.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 4:07 pm The way this is panning out I'd assume 4 4 2 so the 2 centre midfielders both doing basically the same job re Giles, Bremmer covering each other?

Bremmer
Flynn
The two midgets but both cracking footballers
Cook if he'd stayed I think he'd could have been exceptional for us.
I think there's going to be a DMF poll or Batty would have been in my votes..which means we're selecting a 4-5-2 team
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

GK
RB
CB
CB
LB
DMF
RSM
LSM
RW
LW
ST
ST
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Bremmer
Batts
Flynn
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The defensive midfielder is an additional position when required

Revie would use the likes of Madeley & Yorath to protect our defence in certain games, a classic case was when Leeds secured the First Division title at Anfield in the 1968/69 season with our Rolls-Royce playing a defensive role snuffing out the treat of Ian St John..
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ratscoot wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 4:15 pm Bremmer
Batts
Flynn
Saving Batty votes for the Defensive-Midfielder position poll Rat
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

faaip wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 1:58 pm Listen we're basically voting a Revie 11 anyway so I'm voting for favourites not best, have been all along. Plus I'm really not sure of the formation we're picking for here

Flynn is one of my all time favourites, started watching Leeds live and travelling to games from the age of 15 (77) so Flynn was a massive part of that. Great player
This is the confusion I was having when I asked if we were having one or two strikers in this 'greatest ever' team.
Two strikers suggests 4-4-2 in which case it's two central midfielders as we have now seen, a right midfielder and a left midfielder.
So where does that leave the DMF position? I know 64 will want Phillips in there somewhere.
I would suggest this team will end up as Martyn, Phillips plus 9 Revie era players.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 4:26 pm This is the confusion I was having when I asked if we were having one or two strikers in this 'greatest ever' team.
Two strikers suggests 4-4-2 in which case it's two central midfielders as we have now seen, a right midfielder and a left midfielder.
So where does that leave the DMF position? I know 64 will want Phillips in there somewhere.
I would suggest this team will end up as Martyn, Phillips plus 9 Revie era players.
I probably have two maybe three DM's in front of Phillips, Chilli
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I've gone with poll that features twelve positions as each component is of importance to any squad, what I didn't want was finishing up with a disjointed squad
TatleyK
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by TatleyK »

1. Bremner
2. Bowyer
3. Flynn