The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 26th March) The only player Bielsa had a rift with is.......

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 26th March) The only player Bielsa had a rift with is.......

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Thursday 26th March, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

The only player Bielsa had a rift with is.......

In his latest Q and A session, Phil Hay revealed that the only player that Marcelo Bielsa hada a rift with was Pontus Jansson. The 29 year old ex fans favourite signed for Brentford last Summer in a move move £3.5m, which many (Including Brentford) saw as one of the bargains of the Summer.

Asked whether he knew of any rifts the Argentinean boss had had with players given he has been labelled as “El Loco” previously, and Hay name-dropped Jansson. According to the Ex Chief Football writer for the YEP, Hay said...

He can be hard work and he’s not afraid to ruffle feathers but his authority at Leeds is absolute. No-one takes him on and everyone defers to him. It’s one reason when the last two seasons have gone so well – the dressing room has been on a tight leash. Jansson is the only player he tired of.

Surprisingly, it seems that Jansson's form has suffered since moving to West London. Looking at the statistics, was Bielsa right to get rid of the Swede when he did, or would Janson have continued to flourish in West Yorkshire had he stayed?

Augustin's Instagram post will upset many Leeds fans

Whilst many Leeds players have been sending social media videos and messages to fans showing them keeping fit and training; on loan French International Jean Kevin Augustin has sent out an Instagram to fans boasting a new hair cut whilst lying in bed! The £20m rated forward, who has been on loan at Elland Road since the latter part of January, has only accumulated 49 minutes of game time since his move from Monaco.

The coronavirus could not have come at a better time for the 22 year old. He has a real chance to get fully fit, and make an impact once the season recommences. I'm not sure Leeds fans will take kindly to picture, especially as Leeds are picking up most of his £65,000 per week wages! I'm not sure Augustin gets it!

Pick your Leeds Utd dream time

If you could pick your own Leeds Utd dream time, who would be in it? The only rule is, they must have played for Leeds since 2005!

Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 26th March) The only player Bielsa had a rift with is.......

Post by Ellandback1 »

Schmeichel
Kelly
Taylor
Jansson
White
Hernandez
Bakke
Klich
Harrison
Beckford
McCormack
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 26th March) The only player Bielsa had a rift with is.......

Post by The Subhuman »

Schmeichel
Ayling
Delph
White
Cooper
Phillips
Klich
Hernandez
Harrison
Saiz
Beckford
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

To make the team selection more difficult, you're not allowed to have more than two players from the same season!!!
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Surprised at Faaip picking Cooper!

Although I liked Jansson, if he wasn't toeing Bielsa's line it was better for him to go. The unity we have in the dressing room is vital.

Think JKA looks fine. I would.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

That's too tough for me...my memory really not good enough to go back more than 2/3 seasons
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Getting rid of Jansson was the right thing

Don't care about JKA's picture being one him him relaxing. Is he suppose to train 24 hours a day? Unless the issue is him not complying with lock-down laws by getting his hair cut.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Could have done that himself I reckon....
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

faaip wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:04 am Could have done that himself I reckon....
Absolutely.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

faaip wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:47 am Schmeichel
Ayling
Delph
White
Cooper
Phillips
Klich
Hernandez
Harrison
Saiz
Beckford
I loved Saiz
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

SaraM wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:56 am Surprised at Faaip picking Cooper!

Although I liked Jansson, if he wasn't toeing Bielsa's line it was better for him to go. The unity we have in the dressing room is vital.

Think JKA looks fine. I would.
:shock:
leedsalex
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsalex »

Well done boys. Side before self every time.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

C. Schmeichel
G. Kelly
K. Bartley
L. Cooper
F. Delph
M. Klich
P. Hernandez
J. Howson
R. Snodgrass
R. McCormack
J. Beckford

I found it more difficult to pick defenders than mids or forwards. Christ knows who be left back there :duno: :moggy:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

No surprise on Jansson

Pontus is still one of my favourite players since our relegation from the premiership

I like players with a bit of edge to their game & a will to win, that Villa goal was a farce!

Also loved the song "Luke Ayling and Berardi...Pontus Jansson, Kyle Bartley", brilliant rendition from the Leeds fans during a night game down at Craven Cottage.....memorable :-D

The Bielsa song taking us up to the premier league also had the line 'Jansson at the back' which has now been replaced by 'Ben White at the back'

Make no mistake about it Pontus was a legend amongst 1000's of Leeds fans, there again I know many fans who couldn't stand Jansson.

Pontus still loves Leeds!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

My favourite team would be Bielsa's XI with Jansson & Beckford replacing Cooper & Bamford :scar1
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Which keeper though
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:47 am My favourite team would be Bielsa's XI with Jansson & Beckford replacing Cooper & Bamford :scar1
But it was no more than 2 from any year
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:59 am But it was no more than 2 from any year
I know Cat, I was being lazy as I'm sat in the garden enjoying the lovely weather :sun:
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:16 am C. Schmeichel
G. Kelly
K. Bartley
L. Cooper
F. Delph
M. Klich
P. Hernandez
J. Howson
R. Snodgrass
R. McCormack
J. Beckford

I found it more difficult to pick defenders than mids or forwards. Christ knows who be left back there :duno: :moggy:
Eddie Lewis
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Bielsa wouldn't have many of our previous hoofing keepers in his team & mine too after watching football how it should be played over the last two seasons