Peter in Blackpool

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
hector

Peter in Blackpool

Post by hector »

On reflection I think that I was a little harsh on you before. In my defence, Mrs H is one of the at risk due partly to part of her intesine being on the outside, and being diabetic.
I just got fed up of seeing all the government instructions being repeated everywhere as though we are imbeciles and have no intelligence (not saying that is what you thought).

I now realise that unfortunately the majority of the population are of low intelligence or common sense at least and need the instructions rammed at them.

This does not however excuse my treatment of you, so I appologise for that, and it was me and not any of the other mods who thought this.

Once again, sorry Peter.
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Peter in Blackpool

Post by The Subhuman »

Big man..well played. Irrespective of right or wrong.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

hector wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:07 pm the majority of the population are of low intelligence or common sense at least
Think this is the truest thing every written on here.
gessa

Post by gessa »

hector wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:07 pm On reflection I think that I was a little harsh on you before. In my defence, Mrs H is one of the at risk due partly to part of her intesine being on the outside, and being diabetic.
I just got fed up of seeing all the government instructions being repeated everywhere as though we are imbeciles and have no intelligence (not saying that is what you thought).

I now realise that unfortunately the majority of the population are of low intelligence or common sense at least and need the instructions rammed at them.

This does not however excuse my treatment of you, so I appologise for that, and it was me and not any of the other mods who thought this.

Once again, sorry Peter.

👍 Respect

I think a few of us will be saying and doing things that shall we say, aren't the norm the longer this continues, we've been on a virtual lockdown since Friday, thank goodness the weather is good.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Thank you Hector, not always easy to make an open apology but I firmly believe it was the right action to take. Good man :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:12 pm 👍 Respect

I think a few of us will be saying and doing things that shall we say, aren't the norm the longer this continues, we've been on a virtual lockdown since Friday, thank goodness the weather is good.
Jill & I were saying the very same on our walk. Now for a Irish coffee & Jill is on the gin again as we take in the sun in the garden :)
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

hector wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:07 pm On reflection I think that I was a little harsh on you before. In my defence, Mrs H is one of the at risk due partly to part of her intesine being on the outside, and being diabetic.

Once again, sorry Peter.
This sort of post is what makes this forum great and shows the members are a cut above :tup:
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Mrs64 »

So pleased you have made an apology, you generally make me smile however I personally thought you were a bit hard on Peter. Well done Hector
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

1964white wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:18 pm Jill & I were saying the very same on our walk. Now for a Irish coffee & Jill is on the gin again as we take in the sun in the garden :)
He's making you sound a complete dipso Mrs64 :martini: :martini: :martini: :)

:tup: Hector
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Well said Hector.

Personally I think Peters posts are pretty much spot on.

At least we’re all still friends which is important at these trying times. :tup: :tup:
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Right thing to do Hector, not had a problem with PiB's posts myself. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:01 pm He's making you sound a complete dipso Mrs64 :martini: :martini: :martini: :)

:tup: Hector

She'll be challenging Swannie to the "lush of the year title" at this rate.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:08 pm She'll be challenging Swannie to the "lush of the year title" at this rate.
She won't because I've put the gin under lock & key for the time being :lol:
Peter in Blackpool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Peter in Blackpool »

thank you hector. totally accept your apology.

we are still friends and am loving this site
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:02 pm She won't because I've put the gin under lock & key for the time being :lol:

There'll be plenty hidden in plant pots you don't know about :)
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I apologised to Peter privately for my inexcusable rant, but I probably should have made my apology public as well because it was genuinely meant.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

gessa wrote:

There'll be plenty hidden in plant pots you don't know about :)
When you think of those one-shot miniature bottles, my imagination of suitable hiding places hardly knows where to end!
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Thought Peter was being a self righteous git and Hector was perfectly reasonable, personally. Norm was a bit brutal though.

Still, it's always good to apologise, even if you're right.

Sorry. 😃
gessa

Post by gessa »

Norm wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:40 pm When you think of those one-shot miniature bottles, my imagination of suitable hiding places hardly knows where to end!
With my stm, I'd have to do a map, so I could remember where I'd left them.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Is Peter the first person on here to have a thread named after him?
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden