We love, they love...everybody loves Bielsa

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

We love, they love...everybody loves Bielsa

Post by HarryofOz »

Fantastic article about Bielsa on the Guardian Online - and every word of it is true.

Bielsa admired by so many, what a privilege it is to have him at Leeds. But I bet he doesn't have the ego to think that way.

There's only one Bielsa
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: We love, they love...everybody loves Bielsa

Post by Sara »

Good article. There's something about Bielsa and Leeds that just works.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

He must has watched Bielsa Cam to observe him sitting motionless on his bucket and quietly sipping from his coffee mug while the crowd about him were going crazy at having witnessed that thunderbolt of a goal from Ayling.

Perhaps he was in the moment and meditating on the taste and aroma of the coffee... comparing the sweetness of it to the Ayling goal. Weighing up in his mind what was sweeter the coffee or the goal.

He makes a snapshot of that Luke Ayling leap and the sweet connection between the boot and the ball, and stores it away in his databank of memories of all his sweetest moments.

And everytime he tastes sweet coffee that goal will be brought to mind... as something to treasure... for where your heart is there is your treasure also.

And that is the essence of the man he has made Leeds United his treasure and this is where his heart is. He not only wants to transform the team, but he also wants to transform the supporters, and give them hearts like his that will cherish the miraculous thing that he has created.

Now go and have a coffee or a pint of Tetly's and remember your precious moments.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

It's great to see another football writer pay homage to Bielsa and his coaching methods but it's too early and rather annoying that he is saying we are a "safe bet" for promotion. I remember a similar story about this time last year entitled "The Premier League needs Leeds" and how we looked "certain for promotion" and we know what happened next.
Loving the fact that Bielsa and the team are getting the recognition they deserve but lets get the next two tough games out of the way first and see where we are. If the gap to third has increased by then, the phrase "safe bet" may actually start to be appropriate.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

How many points off third were we this time last season?
gessa

Post by gessa »

mothbanquet wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:09 am How many points off third were we this time last season?
We had 2 points less but were only 2 points clear of SU
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

gessa wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:11 am We had 2 points less but were only 2 points clear of SU
Had a feeling that was the case. I think that's why it feels so different and folk are getting excited. Trying to restrain myself personally but it's getting difficult. I think I'll let myself go after the next couple of games.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Wonderful article on the great man Harry

I notice you added a comment.

I assuming 'Headliner' who was full of praise for Marcelo is the guy who posts on waccoe
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

God help whoever takes over after Bielsa leaves us
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mothbanquet wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:09 am How many points off third were we this time last season?
Not too concerned about last seasons comparisons Moth as the current Leeds team appears more well drilled, confident & full of togetherness who seem to be looking to getting the job done.

Also Norwich, Sheff Utd , West Brom & Villa were all on consistent runs last season, not the case this time as Leeds are the only team flying in the championship.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

dezzy wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:21 am God help whoever takes over after Bielsa leaves us
It doesn't bear thinking about dezzy
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

1964white wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:32 am Not too concerned about last seasons comparisons Moth as the current Leeds team appears more well drilled, confident & full of togetherness who seem to be looking to getting the job done.

Also Norwich, Sheff Utd , West Brom & Villa were all on consistent runs last season, not the case this time as Leeds are the only team flying in the championship.
Agree with your comments 64 but too soon to be calling us a safe bet with 9 games to go in my opinion.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Peter in Blackpool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Peter in Blackpool »

gessa wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:11 am We had 2 points less but were only 2 points clear of SU
and our next game was a home defeat to the blunts which dropped us into the dreaded third.....never to recover
rrfierce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by rrfierce »

From this position last season we only won 3 more games and drew 1 from 9

Feels different this time but there's not way I'm celebrating until we're confirmed.

There's more drama ahead that's for sure