January Transfer Window And Squad Discussion-No More signings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Re: January Transfer Window And Squad Discussion-3rd Adams bid rejected.

Post by leic white 63 »

more fool them . move on .
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Cjay wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:48 pm Its time to bring Super Mario in to sort us out :)

"BALOTELLIIIIIII SCORES THE WINNER AND LEEDS ARE CHAMPIONS" :)

Failing that.

Karlan Grant?

Scoring goals for Huddersfield.
Only 21
Seems similar to Adams and can play on the wing.
Potential to improve (like Adams, unlike Gray).

Seems ideal, wave a £10-20mil at Udders and see what happens.
Grant would be a good shout but good enough to spark us on to the Prem? Have my doubts. That said, he's versatile, very fit and hungry.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Irish Ian wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:28 pm Sigh.

Wave £20M at Rangers for Morelos and they would bite your hand off.
Please tell me you're joking, Ian? Outside of the Old Firm, the Scottish Prem is League One standard at best. Also, isn't his disciplinary record appalling?
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
DavidH
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by DavidH »

I know we're desperate for a striker, but £20million for Adams would for sure have the opposition fans singing "Leeds are falling apart again". Not worth that, and Southampton know it.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

lufc1304 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:04 pm Please tell me you're joking, Ian? Outside of the Old Firm, the Scottish Prem is League One standard at best. Also, isn't his disciplinary record appalling?
Think he has a handle on his discipline this season, apart from two yellows in the last old firm game, but that was after one if the Celtic players grabbed him by the balls!

He is 11 European goals this season already.

I just picked 20m as that was the figure bring bandied about.
But 12-15 is reasonable.

He will come to England. He is a natural striker. Two feeted, heads the ball, presses high.

Checkout this if you have time. Morelos goal is sublime. 2mins .50 sec
You will also see some nice touches by Kent, ( along with a howler)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PEmxW_CWseQ
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

I wonder how the fans will react if not one striker is brought in ? Reckon the home game v Millwall will be flat in terms of atmosphere and should we go a goal down or not win then I think it will get very hostile. The way it's going atm ER will not be a pleasant place to be next week.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

mothbanquet wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:02 pm Grant would be a good shout but good enough to spark us on to the Prem? Have my doubts. That said, he's versatile, very fit and hungry.
1 in 3 for Huddersfield in Prem last year and given how dire they were thats decent.

You pay for potential to, Che Adams what he is now and what he could become.

Same with Grant.

Id much rather that then someone like Gray.

If we offer Watford a similar deal for Gray i might cry.

Problem is even the Adams deal has a hint of desperation (and i really like Adams) but we are close to the final week and desperation will increase and every club know that.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

15 M Southampton paid for Adams didn't they..not 5
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
rrfierce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by rrfierce »

faaip wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:36 pm 15 M Southampton paid for Adams didn't they..not 5
Yeah 15m, which is 5m Less than we are offering.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

ahh ok, my bad..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

From what Popey said we offered £3mil loan fee and an OPTION to buy for £20mil IF promoted.

When you read it like that you can see why Southampton would say no.

They take the risks for a relatively small fee.

He may be rubbish and value may drop he may break his leg, would you risk that happening to an asset you paid £15mil for on the back of a fifth of his fee?

I think either we go foreign or we have to stick an obligation to buy and take the risk.

Does seem overpriced to me but thats the situation we have allowed to occur.

On that basis i would drop the money, £2mil loan fee with an obligation to buy for 14mil maybe?
Signed

King Cjay

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

I think MB owes us another season as he has to accept his inability to keep a talent at the club has put us in this position.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

Cjay wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:52 pm From what Popey said we offered £3mil loan fee and an OPTION to buy for £20mil IF promoted.

When you read it like that you can see why Southampton would say no.

They take the risks for a relatively small fee.

He may be rubbish and value may drop he may break his leg, would you risk that happening to an asset you paid £15mil for on the back of a fifth of his fee?

I think either we go foreign or we have to stick an obligation to buy and take the risk.

Does seem overpriced to me but thats the situation we have allowed to occur.

On that basis i would drop the money, £2mil loan fee with an obligation to buy for 14mil maybe?
i wouldn't call 3 mill for 18 games a small fee . if he plays all 18 !
we are talking about che adams here . 4th choice striker for southampton , hardly played and not scored !
Last edited by leic white 63 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Irish Ian wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:55 pm I think MB owes us another season as he has to accept his inability to keep a talent at the club has put us in this position.
Which talent was this?
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

mothbanquet wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:10 pm Which talent was this?
Which position are we trying to bankrupt the club to fill in our push for promotion?
'
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Irish Ian wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:12 pm Which position are we trying to bankrupt the club to fill in our push for promotion?
If you're talking about Nketiah, then correct me if I'm wrong by all means but weren't we going to start him and then he got injured? Not much Bielsa can really do about that and at the time we were winning games with Bamford up front, so why change that just for the sake of fulfilling a loan obligation when it could backfire?

Of course, time makes fools of us all but you make it sound like Bielsa (and there is some evidence, circumstantial though it may be, to support this) pissed in his tea, when the truth is injury, plain bad luck, limited his play time just as it was about to become regular.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

mothbanquet wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:31 pm If you're talking about Nketiah, then correct me if I'm wrong by all means but weren't we going to start him and then he got injured? Not much Bielsa can really do about that and at the time we were winning games with Bamford up front, so why change that just for the sake of fulfilling a loan obligation when it could backfire?

Of course, time makes fools of us all but you make it sound like Bielsa (and there is some evidence, circumstantial though it may be, to support this) pissed in his tea, when the truth is injury, plain bad luck, limited his play time just as it was about to become regular.
There was that whole series of games leading up to the Wendies away game when we were not scoring many goals and Bamford had dried up and still Nketiah was not starting. That sent out a powerful message to both the player and his club,and imo was a mismanagement of a player we forked out a fortune for.
I cant see Arsenal bringing him back had Leeds demonstrated that he was a part of our plans up until his injury.

Too little too late.

And Bielsa knows it, he has mentioned Nketiahs name in every presser since he went back.

I know nothing us guaranteed in any sport but a bird in the hand and all that.
Would we be here throwing millions around in desperation
'
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Irish Ian wrote:I think MB owes us another season as he has to accept his inability to keep a talent at the club has put us in this position.
I wouldn't want Bielsa any longer if we don't go up this year. He may be good at coaching but management and his use of the squad is appalling . How can we be in this position with only one striker who he's prepared to use who is not that good anyway. No not for me.

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Victor Orta hasn't given up, here he is giving a presentation in Southampton as we speak.
Signed

King Cjay

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Time to move on I think. The knock backs continue with no sign of any movement from Saints. The only way that this will get over the line is if the player drives to ER himself ,has his medical and signs on the dotted line....the first two are straight forward but the third part is where we sort of struggle