Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Cooper and Phillips replaced by Alioski and Berardi

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Cooper and Phillips replaced by Alioski and Berardi

Post by The Subhuman »

HarryofOz wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:29 pm Yessssssssssss

Sixth win in a row

Win in a derby

Win away from home

Clean sheet

Top of the table (I know we've played an extra game)

Eight points clear of 3rd (I know we've played an extra game)
Well done mate, I know you're in bed by now and excitement must be hard to contain...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Cooper and Phillips replaced by Alioski and Berardi

Post by John in Louisiana »

Huddersfield found out what it's like to be us today.

They played very well. Controlled the pace and the play for much of the game, but weren't at all clinical while they watched us make the most of our opportunities.

We did not play well, but I'm encouraged anyway. This was a tough win to grind out. A derby away from home, key players missing, an opponent that took us away from our game, yet we still come away with all three points.

Outstanding.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

dezzy wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:31 pm Bloody brilliant win. Tough game, Huddersfield we’re up for that and played well and made it tough for us but we stuck at it and got a comfortable win. Happy days, now off I go to Munster match :)
I read that as Monster Munch ...first time
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Velotrax wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:15 pm An other hudds player down, they are drama queens
Big bowls of Jello they are.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

faaip wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:31 pm Well done mate, I know you're in bed by now and excitement must be hard to contain...
:) :)
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Oh er.

Ali being questioned about his gesture after he scored....

Hope that convinces the EFL....
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Alioski sends a sign to his mother... the car is on its way mom.
[/size]
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Casilla - 10. Kept Hudds at bay single handed first half
Ayling - 8 - After a sluggish start grew into the game
Berardi - 9 - His imperious self in difficult circumstances, won more headers against a much bigger man than he had a right to
Alioski - 8 - Wonderful tech for the goal and seemed to be everywhere, got caught in defence once or twice
White - 6 - Difficult transition and although he got better his positioning was too deep and got beat a couple of times too easily too when in two minds
Klich - 9 - Almost single handedly dealt with their mid at times, still found time to be creative.
Costa - 7 - Good outlet on the right, improves by the game
Hernandez - 8 - Started off the pace, some wayward passing but got better an key in the second half, took his goal well
Harrison - 9 - Such a dangerous footballer, we had everything today from him from great defence, clever footwork and tantalizing crosses, especially as he struggled to get in the game early doors. We're so much better when we look for James down our left..and that cross, almost as good as the Roofe one last season
Bamford - 7 - Worked his socks off, maybe should have done better with two of his chances but unlucky with the point blank header
Dallas - 7 - Worked hard but tbh not sure what he was supposed to be playing.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

faaip wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:32 pm I read that as Monster Munch ...first time
Might stop in the shop on the way for a packet
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Did well there to withstand a lot of pressure but better finishing and they'd have at least a draw. We had a few breaks which we didn't make the most of but we are managing games better this season instead of the gung ho approach which explains fewer goals but more clean sheets. What an introduction for Eddie as well...he had a hand in the build up and his pace immediately put Udders on the back foot. Hope he stays .

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

A nod is as good as a GOAL
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Scored 13 and conceded 2 in last 6.....
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

dezzy wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:45 pm Might stop in the shop on the way for a packet
I would, probably a bad omen if you don't now....

Good luck against Saracens today, big game by the looks of it
Last edited by The Subhuman on Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Pros:
3 points
Clean sheet
6 in a row
Won without Kalvin
Won without Coops
Harrison's cross for Pablo
Casey debut
Kiko's save
Town losing their cup final
Scored from a corner

Cons:
Struggled with their hoofball/set pieces
Alioski's celebration - unfortunately it'll draw bad press and accusation from the Daily Heil/Sly Sports etc
Still wasting big chance when 0-0/1-0 up
White struggled at DM
Shocking offside call for 2-0 - VAR needed
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

What a day...fat fwank lost at Everton. Whoop whoop !

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

faaip wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:48 pm I would, probably a bad omen if you don't now....

Good luck against Saracens today, big game by the looks of it
I got two packets to be safe. Ya big game, Sarries with a weakened team this week
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I don't think there were any cons today, we rode a couple of set backs fairly well and Hudds came to play and counter our counters. Didn't notice Alio's gesture tbh. The offside was not our fault.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

dezzy wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:55 pm I got two packets to be safe. Ya big game, Sarries with a weakened team this week
Not been a Union fan for years to be honest..Used to be a Wasps fan when they played in Sudbury, and a bit less when they were at Loftus Road, gave up when they moved to Coventry and lost interest in the game
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

faaip wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:56 pm I don't think there were any cons today, we rode a couple of set backs fairly well and Hudds came to play and counter our counters. Didn't notice Alio's gesture tbh. The offside was not our fault.
I didn’t real time but saw it back, very misjudged even though innocent intent.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Looks like a heart sign...not sure how you can mis-judge that unless it's become a symbol of something else lately