Reading v Leeds Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Reading v Leeds Match Thread

Post by Ellandback1 »

Reading FC v Leeds United

Tuesday 26th November 2019 20:00 | Madejski Stadium

Following their victory at Kenilworth Road at the weekend, and returning to an automatic promotion slot, Leeds confidence should be sky high as they aim to stretch their unbeaten run to seven games. Their next opponents, Reading occupy 18th place in the Championship having clawed themselves free of the relegation zone following recent victories over Preston, Millwall and Luton before being edged out 1-0 against Brentford last weekend.

Bielsa will be encouraged that Hernandez played all 90 minutes against the Hatters. Liam Cooper too, showed no repercussion of the groin injury he sustained at Blackburn earlier this month as the Leeds skipper returned to action for the final half an hour. Alioski was an unused substitute at the weekend, but is likely to play some part of proceedings on Tuesday evening. Nketiah is still a couple of weeks away from returning, but with Bamford on the scoresheet for the last couple of games, would Bielsa give him any game time anyway?

Last season Leeds did the double over Reading with a one nil victory at Elland Road and a three nil victory in last seasons corresponding fixture at the Madejski Stadium. Back in March Mateusz Klich opened the scoring and Pablo Hernandez secured the victory with a brace of goals. After last seasons victory Leeds are looking to win consecutive away league visits to Reading for the first time and hope to win four consecutive league matches for the first time since a run of seven in a row in November and December 2018. On the other hand Reading have not won four consecutive home league games since April 2017 under Jaap Stam.

Leeds Staring XI:
Casilla, Ayling, White, Cooper, Dallas, Phillips, Klich, Hernandez, Harrison, Roberts, Bamford

Subs: Meslier, Douglas, Berardi, Shackleton, Alioski, Costa, Clarke
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Reading v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by weasel »

It would have to be a really good book otherwise definitely the Leeds Utd match would be my option.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Blimey I've just twigged :roll:
Doire_Boi
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Doire_Boi »

Bamford 1-zip
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Could be Kikos last game for a bit.

0-0
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
gessa

Post by gessa »

This is going to be a tougher game than some may think, yesterday was their first defeat in 6, to an improving Brentford, during the unbeaten period, they had 3 home wins, including a 1-0 win against Preston. Dallas looked tired at the end of the game and if I thought MB would rotate, then I'd have him on the bench, with Berardi moving to LB , if he was to rest Dallas, then I presume Douglas would be the replacement, personally, I'd rather have a tired Dallas.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

gessa wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:42 pm This is going to be a tougher game than some may think, yesterday was their first defeat in 6, to an improving Brentford, during the unbeaten period, they had 3 home wins, including a 1-0 win against Preston. Dallas looked tired at the end of the game and if I thought MB would rotate, then I'd have him on the bench, with Berardi moving to LB , if he was to rest Dallas, then I presume Douglas would be the replacement, personally, I'd rather have a tired Dallas.
What against us soft southerners? Technically my "home" team this in the absence of Aldershot, who languish somewhere non league.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

No doubt this will be a tough game. But if we can get Cooper and White back together again, I think we can keep a clean sheet.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:41 pm Could be Kikos last game for a bit.

0-0
Think we asked till the end of the month, so he should still be available for Boro game and then we will see how the appeal goes.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Gurj wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:09 pm Think we asked till the end of the month, so he should still be available for Boro game and then we will see how the appeal goes.
I understand the extension was until the 27th of the mont Gurj.

I suppose it will be soon enough.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
gessa

Post by gessa »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:18 pm I understand the extension was until the 27th of the mont Gurj.

I suppose it will be soon enough.

If found guilty he could appeal, which would extend it.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

gessa wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:31 pm If found guilty he could appeal, which would extend it.
Yes that is true.
'
rab_rant

Re: Reading FC v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by rab_rant »

The oppositions point of view.

Last weekend’s defeat away at Griffin Park against Brentford was the first in Mark Bowen’s tenure. An Ollie Watkins header in the second half proved to the difference between the two sides, as George Puscas missed a one on one chance to put Reading ahead early on in Greater London. Other than that, Mark Bowen’s record at Reading has been impressive and he has won all of his games at the Madejski Stadium during his time in charge. Is that a good omen for this match?
Andy Yiadom will miss this match through suspension, after picking up his fifth yellow card of the season. Meanwhile, Lucas Boye came off the bench on Saturday and is an option once again for Mark Bowen. Lucas Joao is back in training after sustaining a severe foot injury many weeks ago, while Sam Baldock is an injury concern after damaging his hamstring on Saturday.

Puscas??? wonder if he is related to the Puscas that was in the Hungary team that trounced England
back in the 50's... hope not. Referees wore sports coats in those days.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leaving here at 11.30am, hopefully return home & my bed by 2.30 to 3am :) maybe a hour later if the M1 is closed for roadworks :(
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:47 pm What against us soft southerners? Technically my "home" team this in the absence of Aldershot, who languish somewhere non league.
You should make your way down to the Madejski stadium & sit in the home end Faaip, there'll be plenty of Reading fans dressed up as blue seats :lol:
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

No reason not to win this game. They've had good form at home but we're 6 unbeaten against better teams. Logically, we should have this...
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

On a late shift tonight so will use Sky Go on my phone with the sound down low to keep an eye on it.
Come on boys let's be sitting pretty at the top come 10pm tonight
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Chilli D wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:43 pm On a late shift tonight so will use Sky Go on my phone with the sound down low to keep an eye on it.
Come on boys let's be sitting pretty at the top come 10pm tonight
I'll be watching with you Chilli :)
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

You're going to come at sit at my desk Swannie?
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden